1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ World traveling

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by yugiohdude0, Apr 21, 2013.

MineZ - World traveling
  1. yugiohdude0 Regular Member

XP:
    2,948xp
    World Travelling

Chapter 1: Bandits
    I sat there on my bed, thinking how this could of happened. The town of Geuten had been standing for centuries. And now it was bare, stripped, and everyone I knew was gone. Well, not entirely. After much thinking and consideration, I had to force myself to believe that, it was nothing ordinary at all. It was an invasion from the undead. Zombie apocalypse. I shoved my toe deeper into boots. I couldn't bring myself to say it. It was just too terrible.
    I ran my finger down my sword. It was wooden, and not very strong at all. I knew Gueten was now much to dangerous to stay at. The zombie count was high, even compared to Carmi and the other towns. My old radio informed me of that. I didn't want to leave, however. This was my town I had lived in my whole life. I didn't have the strength to leave. I hadn't had the guts. My old leather set of padding was no match for the claws of the zombies, and my sword seemed like a toothpick facing an entire horde.
    I couldn't stay. I didn't want to think any more. I got up, hefted my old sword and stepped out of my small hut. I saw zombies everywhere. I sneaked into the old church, and to my surprise there was a crate holding the Holy Water. I liked to call it Life in a Bottle. I stowed it into an old bag that had once belonged to my father. I sneaked out, and started walking down the road.
    It was painful, heading to the new civilization of Carmi. The road was mucky, and I was anxiously staring around for any sign of a dead soul. I was lucky, however. No one was killed on the road, so it was very easy to traverse the land without a hassle. When I got to Carmi, it was still very empty, not a human or zombie in sight. I stared around, at the rotting old ship by the dock to the high towers that held tools for attacks.
    Although it was quiet, I knew something was wrong. There were footsteps, menacingly crunching slowly towards me. It was turning dark, the time all zombies were strongest. It was plain that they would be coming. But something about these footsteps were not very slow and sluggish at all. These were gentle and very soft. No zombie held this kind of stealth. I turned around, only to see a man with a sword, right at my neck.

If there's anything more scary than a zombie, it's a man iron-clad hold a sword of diamond to your neck. He kicked me down onto the ground, and stepped on my chest, grinning down at me.
    'Hey buddy. Need a hand?' He said, grinning wickedly.
    'Gah-yes, I think I do, actually.' I gasped, as he crushed his purple boots onto my chest even deeper.
    'Tough luck, my friend.' He said, holding a sword above me. If I knew this was how my life was going to end, I would have for sure stayed in my old town of Geuten. I shut my eyes tight as he held the sword up. Then I realized: I had sword too.
    I unsheathed my sword from its old leather case and swung at his chest. It clanged off, but he stumbled back. I got to my feet. This was how it was going to be. He lunged at me with his legendary sword. I ducked and missed him as I tried to kick him back. He grabbed his bow and shot a few arrows at me. Luckily, my padding absorbed the hit but not without grazing my arm. I ran away, injured. He chased me, and I heard explosions behind me, the heat searing off my hairs.
    He was about to catch up when I heard a clanking sound, and the madman dropped down on the floor, coughing up blood. I saw a grinning teen, holding out a hand, a bow in his other. He was wearing a set of chain mail equipment, and had an iron sword stowed in his steel sheath. He slashed at the man's neck and the bandit dropped dead.
    'Thanks,' I said shaking his hand.
    'Not a problem, sir.' He said, still grinning.
    'What's your name?' I asked him.
    'Oh, Tim.' He said grinning more broadly than before. I wasn't liking it. Something was telling me he would just as easily slay me as he did to the unfortunate fellow lying right in front of me. I slowly ebbed away, shuffling to the side.
    'Yeah, I better go now,' I said nervously, walking away.
    'Oh but you can't go!' He said, having that same kill-happy smile. 'I haven't had company in such a long time!'
    I started running. This was looking bad. I hopped on the bridge and flew across it faster than I ever had before. There were arrows whizzing past my ears. I heard him laughing, and he stopped chasing me, standing there. I dashed as fast as I could, coming off island and island, heading to Romero.

I was panting, slowly slugging across the bridge. What had become of this world? I was infuriated at how low some people had went. Actually KILLING to survive. What happened to all humanity? I avoided a loose section, threatening to crumble. After all that, it would be such a waste to fall down a crevice on a bridge.
    At long last, I had hit Romero. Boy, was I glad. Away from Carmi and everything. But who knew? Maybe Romero would turn out to be another catastrophe. Well, where else would I go, if I lived like that. paranoia may keep you safe, but will only get you so far before you lose trust in everything. I decided to step into town. There was a buzz of chatter coming from the middle, which was a good sign, but also a bad sign. What if they were going to help me? Or maybe, would they kill me? I had no option. I headed to the first house, quietly. I picked up a bag with cocoa pellets. I looked at Romero's grand church, and decided to go in.
    It was much bigger than Geuten's old little worship place, but was not as big as the Aeternalis Cathedral, a nice large one with crypts and graves. I walked in, but no potions were displayed. I did see one delicious looking apple, gold rather than red, and picked it up. I munched on it, and my body started to slowly feel stronger. I walked away, and met a young girl staring at me.
    'Hello Mr Church man!' She said brightly.
    'Hello, just trudging along. Come out now, there's nothing left in there.' I said, beckoning for here to come.
    We walked out, and I saw a large crowd of men and women and talking and arguing. 'No, but Jerry, the Stonehenge only has equipment! We need food!'
    'Yes, I know dear, but if another onslaught of Northern men come, we must be safe and prepared.'
    A few meters away, a talk about lost men was going on. 'I don't know where Bridget went, or even Harry, but I think they won't be coming back.
    It was a rather hostile atmosphere, with all this talk of leaving and death. I could only imagine how our world would be within weeks. And something else was bouncing in my mind. Northern Men... I think I've heard that term used before. They tended to be vicious and wore the strongest armour out there. I shuddered, thinking what would happen to this town if they came. Only earlier today I had encountered one.
    It was now midnight, and all the people were, instead of heading to their houses, hoisting their belonging up in their containers and heading west.
    I didn't know what to do. I followed their footsteps, and went with them.

I trudged alongside with the other survivors. We had little amounts of food, and the air was hot and dry. I was tired, but yet I was reassured. The fact that not everyone had become a shallow, loose-minded maniac was a sign that maybe there was hope. We obviously couldn't restore our old ways, with the everyday things, like waking up in the same bed and slurping a bowl of stew, but maybe we could at least live for a little longer, and be able to cling onto our dreams of the past.
    After a few hours of restless travelling, the band sat down, and set up a small fire to keep warm. It was very dark, and my eyelids were getting heavy. I slowly shuffled my way to the trees, and plunked myself onto the grass. Everyone else also started to unload and settle for the night. I closed my eyes, and I instantly went into an instant woozy dream...
    'AHHHHH!' I heard someone howl, as my eyes snapped open.
    I was absorbing everything in sight, and what my eyes were telling me, were that there was a zombie attack, of three vicious and bloody zombies. Everyone got up, and started running West. I was being abandoned. I wasn't going to let that happen. I got up and smacked a zombie with the flat of my splintery sword. It was knocked back, but that didn't stop the other two from attacking. I hiked up my gear and bolted right up the tree I was sleeping on. The zombies came at me, but to my pleasure, they were horrible at climbing. My only problem was the fact that I couldn't get down. If I got within swords length of them, they would rip my weapon out of my hands. I sat up there, wondering how I would get down, when I heard an arrow clunk into the tree.
    Several arrows came and thunked the zombies right on the head. Some men came running at me and hauled me down from the tree.
    'Thanks,' I said breathlessly, as my feet touched the ground.
    'No prob,' One of them said. 'You got guts, doing that. I have never seen a guy without ANY Northern gear, try to take on three zombies at once.'
    'Thanks,' I repeated.
    'Anyway, we're only a few kilometres away from Campbell. So hurry, we're behind.' We strode out and caught up with the rest of the group. They were just approaching the old military camp, and started to scavenge the towers and houses.
    'So, I see they've taken down those old tents, haven't they?' One man said to a few others.
    I had no intention to find weapons, and sat, leaning against the houses. I was breathless at how much had happened within the first two hours of my awakening today. I sat there, and all I could think was 'How did it happen?'
    I eventually had to get up and stay with the group, they were going south, to who knows where. Well, I guess I did in a few minutes. They were heading to the huge tower, only a few hundred yards from the camp. I walked in, ready to take a nap, when I spotted food.
    Food. Glorious glorious food. I jumped and quickly strode out to pick it up. A yummy apple, some wheat, and a watermelon. I chomped the two edible foods down and stashed my wheat away for later.
    It was only a few seconds, it seemed, until we started heading out to somewhere else. I followed, much more cheerful before, and we headed not on the path, but straight North.
    God help me, and tell me, where, WHERE, are we going?

NeontheSniper likes this.

2. NeontheSniper Regular Member

XP:
    26,683xp
    Dang, this is pretty good! The only thing I think is that you should put in chapters, unless this is a short story. :D
  3. yugiohdude0 Regular Member

XP:
    2,948xp
    Thanks! I did what you told me and wrote a bit more.
  4. Ciphon Silver

XP:
    91,098xp
    I feel like I've heard Tim's words somewhere else before... ah yes! From the movie UP! What a clever allusion :stuck_out_tongue:

I like your writing style, you are able to keep things concise yet explanatory. I hope to see more in the future.
  5. Ole_Byzantine Platinum

XP:
    44,626xp
    Haha, I like it! Tim's appearance was my favorite part of this first chapter because it showed the sociopath side that came out of people wanting to survive in the apocalypse. Looking forward to seeing it in the future :D
  6. yugiohdude0 Regular Member

XP:
    2,948xp
    Added a little more. I tend to like to add when I get comments, it's kind of like my motivation.