1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Weekly Arrow - Changes from the week of October 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Oct 23, 2016.

The Weekly Arrow - Changes from the week of October 16, 2016
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

Scheduled Events
    Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.

Be aware! Scheduled Events are not our only events! Staff hold events constantly. The best way to be aware of current events? Keep an eye on our twitter account for event announcements!

MineZ Spook-Fest Event Schedule
    Instead of duplicating all the events here, please check out the announcement thread for the complete MineZ Spook-Fest schedule

Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
    Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)

(JP) View Details
    (US) View Details

XP Code Goalposts

[IMG]
    Facebook: 5,500 likes - Like us on Facebook!

[IMG]
    Twitter: 17,500 followers - Follow us on Twitter!

[IMG]
    Google+: 2,000 followers - Follow us on Google+!

[IMG]
    YouTube: 7,500 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!

[IMG]
    NameMC: 500 likes - Like us on NameMC

[IMG]
    Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!

[IMG]
    Instagram: 1,000 followers - Follow us on Instagram!

[IMG]
    SoundCloud: 500 followers - Follow us on SoundCloud!

[IMG]
    Twitter [日本語]: 3000 followers - ツイッターでフォロー!

Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week

Help increase our player base, vote for us!
    Team Updates
    Annihilation
    • Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
    Mine Theft Auto
    • 1.9: Players are no longer able to leave the heist helicopter by sneaking
    • 1.9: Players in helicopters now take the appropriate damage when fired upon by Police
    • 1.9: Player's life will no longer flash before their eyes once stuck in a block
    MineZ Classic
    • Future updates: Work continues on the MineZ Origins project
    Weekly Numbers
    • This week our staff sorted through 8991 individual reports resulting in a total of 1252 bans over the week.
    • Note: Individual reports include all reports placed against an individual player, false reports, and automated reports.
    • Over the last week we peaked at 1109 players
    Shotbow in General
    • The PR Team continued their work across multiple social media sites, and wrote up The Weekly Arrow
    • The PR Team updated the Shotbow Wallpaper Pack
    (Last Week's Arrow)

This week's banner showcases the Anni 1.9 lobby

2. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Grats to those promoted and put on the film crew
    Tonko921 likes this.
  3. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    Honest goodness opinion, what do these weekly arrows bring anymore? It feels like it;s the same thing over and over again: staff changes and two or three bugs fixed... XP codes aren't coming out as often anymore and the rest is copy pasted everytime...
    soybeanie, CoastinJosh and Tonko921 like this.
  4. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    It is a way for people to see what has happened in the past week. As you said yourself, it shows team updates, bug fixes and occasionally provides XP codes. I don't really see why you have to make a point about it.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  5. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    I don't see why a whole post is made to copy paste it most of the time, and only add minor changes
  6. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

People wanted a weekly changelog.

This is that.
  7. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    Ofc, I understand that, at the beggining it was great, I used to look forward, but now there's barely new things that I see that deserve attention. I'd suggest to try and give more in-depth on the updates and the works behind, or try and put more re-newable material then the same stuff over and over again.
    CoastinJosh and Tonko921 like this.
  8. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

This is all there is. There isn't any more
    Tonko921 likes this.
  9. _BrightDarkness_ SMASH Mini Admin

XP:
    2,175,984xp
    The wallpapers are really cool, I like them! :wink:
    Tonko921 and connor564 like this.
  10. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    What are you talking about? have you seen the new anni stuff!?

11. _BrightDarkness_ SMASH Mini Admin

XP:
    2,175,984xp
    I don't really play anni.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  12. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    I'd rather have a weekly post of literally nothing than no communication at all. Take a look at Highlife or Lazertester's twitters: they haven't said or posted anything shotbow related in a whole year.
    CoastinJosh and Tonko921 like this.
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

Most official communication has moved to the main @ShotbowNetwork twitter account. I actually barely talk about anything related to Shotbow on my twitter - and i'm a much more active twitter user =p
    Fluffoon and Tonko921 like this.
  14. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    I just thought lazertester quit 100% because of his new kid or something lol
    Tonko921 likes this.