1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Weekly Arrow - Changes from the week of January 2, 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Jan 10, 2016.

The Weekly Arrow - Changes from the week of January 2, 2016
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

Talk about starting the year off with a bang.. Mine Theft Auto! It has quickly started battling Annihilation for the #1 spot on the network and today topped over 500 players online at once! Over 37,000 accounts have connected - raking up a total of over 700,000 kills! That's absolutely massive, and the Mine Theft Auto team could not be any more ecstatic than they already are.

That said, though.. they're certainly not slowing down! Not a lot I can say right now but I saw some new models in the works, and Bjarn has posted a sneak peek at some of the coming map expansion. Stay tuned!

Scheduled Events
    Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.

Be aware! Scheduled Events are not our only events! Staff hold events constantly. The best way to be aware of current events? Keep an eye on our twitter account for in-game broadcasts starting with the string [Broadcast]!

Weekly Staff Stream
    Every Saturday you can join a staff member as the stream through our fantastically fun games and host random events throughout the network. The stream starts at 12pm CDT on Saturdays and will be hosted on our YouTube channel.

View Details

Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
    Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)

(EU) View Details
    (US/NA) View Details

XP Code Goalposts

You may notice that Twitch.tv is no longer part of this list. This is intentional. We here at Shotbow will be moving our normal streaming over to YouTube. You'll be able to watch us at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/TheShotbowNetwork/live

[IMG]
    Facebook: 5,000 likes - Like us on Facebook!

[IMG]
    Twitter: 17,000 followers - Follow us on Twitter!

[IMG]
    Google+: 1,500 followers - Follow us on Google+!

[IMG]
    YouTube: 6,500 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!

[IMG]
    Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!

[IMG]
    Instagram: 1,000 followers - Follow us on Instagram!

[IMG]
    Tumblr: 500 followers - Follow us on Tumblr!

[IMG]
    Twitter [日本語]: 1500 followers - ツイッターでフォロー!

[IMG]
    Youku [中文]: 500 followers - 成为粉丝在优酷!

Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week

To earn additional XP right now, vote for us!
    Team Updates
    • Aerux has joined the Admin team as an Annihilation Mini Admin!
    • Bionic_Prodigy joined the Annihilation Team!

Annihilation
    • Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
    • We want YOUR help determining the fate of Annihilation! Tell us your deepest desires
    • Team: Annihilation Applications are nearly finished being reviewed!
    • Maps: Highnorth has been voted out and Nature has replaced it in the Rotation!
    • Maps: Hohohoastal has thawed out and the Coastal we all know and love is back on the menu.
    • Maps: The Annihilation Lobby has returned to it's old self. We hope you enjoyed the Christmas Holidays.
    • Development: The Development team is currently working on the newly occuring latency issues.

Death by Void
    • Improvement: Completing the daily course now grants you 25 Infinite platforms the first time, and 12 each time after that.
    • Improvement: US unlocks were duplicated on EU servers.
    • Improvement: No-Cheat no longer kicks you, but does still force you to restart the course.
    • Bugfix: Ranks now properly persist after name changes
    • Bugfix: DBV now properly states what rank tier you are in after completing a course

Gold Rush
    • Development on Gold Rush continued
    • The tutorial video is being subtitled by the translation team.

Mine Theft Auto
    • Preview: Bjarn has posted a sneak peek at the upcoming map expansion
    • Improvement: The `/gang disband` command now prompts for confirmation.
    • Improvement: Helpful information has been duplicated into titles & subtitles for improved visibility.
    • Improvement: Buffed lottery prizes
    • Improvement: Enabled shift clicking
    • Improvement: Increased cruise height of autopilot
    • Improvement: Made /ch toggleglobal hide stuff like lottery and mission broadcasts
    • Improvement: Made respawn locations totally random to prevent respawn fighting
    • Improvement: Reduced time a player is invulnerable between hits
    • Balance: Nerfed gun prices and cop loot. Buffed heist takings.
    • Balance: Buffed diamond armor slightly from what it was on release
    • Balance: Change how /backup and /aid work to better balance them
    • Balance: Prevent toggling passive mode while in combat
    • Balance: Rebalance many guns many times based on user feedback. Please leave balance feedback in the Mine Theft Auto forum
    • Balance: Nerfed the cop bonus for superior handcuffing
    • Balance: Nerfed in-air and gun knockbacks
    • Balance: Reduced scanner cooldown
    • Balance: Reduced the distance required to escape jail
    • Bugfix: Modified custom kits so they're no longer destroyed
    • Bugfix: Damage from grenades is now properly attributed to the person that threw it
    • Bugfix: Removed holes in the map barrier
    • Bugfix: An issue that sometimes prevented cop cars from spawning has been resolved.
    • Bugfix: Ensure stat progress is reflected accurately for lower levels
    • Bugfix: Adjusted improper "Rented" signs
    • Bugfix: Ensure money is always rounded to two decimal places
    • Bugfix: Several grammatical errors throughout the map have been corrected
    • Bugfix: Ensure houses can be properly setup
    • Bugfix: Prevent autopilot from getting stuck during heists.
    • Bugfix: Ensure killers are properly detected
    • Bugfix: Planes should no longer spawn in the ground
    • Bugfix: Prevent players from teleporting home during a job or mission

MineZ: Classic
    • Balance: Dentril's Fright has been modified so that the poison effect lasts three seconds

SMASH
    Winter 2016 Season Update

Welcome back to the Winter 2016 Season! On the US Leaderboard we have both nix_ and acoo398 working very hard to maintain an early lead in an effort to put themselves on so high a pedestal that nobody will catch up to them. octodroid, previously third on this list has fallen from his position with newcomer redberett taking up the position with a rank only a few points away from acoo. So far the board is turning out to be very exciting in the US - join us next week to see how it plays out.

On the EU side, though, we have the same three people although their ranks have changed quite a bit. They're all up in the 1110's now, though Aiginew has overtaken IITessII. There's a lot of struggling going on - hopefully we'll see a neat upset on both boards later this season.

• US: nix_ @ 1184, acoo398 @ 1145, redberett @ 1133
    • EU: _BrightDarkness_ @ 1119, Aiginew @ 1117, IITessII @ 1111
    • Congratulations, folks! Keep fighting for more glory! Who will win the Winter 2016 Season? Stay tuned to both the SMASH Update & the SMASH Leaderboards to find out!

Wasted: Control
    • Wasted: Control continued to progress with on-going pre-release testing.

Wasted: GunGame
    • Improvement: Team Damage has been removed
    • Bugfix: Inventory is now properly reset when joining or leaving a match
    • Bugfix: Players no longer remain in spectator mode after a match has ended
    • Bugfix: Players should no longer spawn with a guide instead of a book
    • Bugfix: EU Map selection should now properly show a GUI
    • Bugfix: Players will no longer spawn in the other team's base when joining a match
    • Bugfix: Teams now properly balance new joining players

If we told you we'd have to kill you
    • Two more internal projects focused on having easy, fast fun with your friends around the world are in progress

Website
    • Improvement: !mcstatus command has been added to Chat Bot
    • Improvement: Chat Bot received some fun, new, hidden commands
    • Improvement: Removed **NEW** from Annihilation classes in the XP shop and corrected Assassin's description
    • Improvement: Updated the Tapatalk plugin

Shotbow in General
    Wow... what an arrow, right? The Devs have started off 2016 with a bang - and with some new leadership focused meetings occurring more regularly (can't say anything more than that), you should see a brand new lazer focus from Shotbow.

We hope we can make 2016 the year you become more proud than ever to be a member of the extended Shotbow family!

(Last Week's Arrow)

This week's banner showcases a preview of the coming Map Update for Mine Theft Auto

2. Deadtoad5 Platinum

XP:
    16,724xp
    Yey! MTA team is getting a lot of work done. Nice job storm, bjarn and the rest! :D
  3. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Woooh! Awesome!

When i logged on... Shotbow had 1900! players thats incredible
  4. _BrightDankness_ Regular Member

XP:
    14,338xp
    Well, but now I'm #3 on EU :stuck_out_tongue: :3
  5. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Wow MTA developers have been working hard! :eek: Props to them!
  6. gamerx_x_ Platinum

XP:
    8,584xp
    Nice to see that MTA has brought in a lot of new players, great arrow once again! :)
  7. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    and the only reason that happened was because the timer would say 30 seconds until game starts and it never would start. I actually completed a game like that with the P30 kill and it didn't stop.
  8. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

Sorry, sorry. I write these at like 1am. (I'm very dedicated).

We fixed a whole suite of issues with GunGame, tbh. Most of it was probably caused by a single thing, but I went off the JIRA tickets closed.
  9. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    2016 is going to be a great year!
  10. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    and starting the game? Because we still can't do that
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  11. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I sent a bug in months ago of all the incorrect information in every class (small grammatical errors, spelling, etc.). Did you ever read it?
    RichRamp likes this.