1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Weekly Arrow - Changes for the week of August 16, 2015

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Aug 23, 2015.

The Weekly Arrow - Changes for the week of August 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

Scheduled Events
    Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.

Annihilation Map Testing
    The Annihilation Team plans to test out maps every week on Tuesday! This week we're introducing a new early morning map test, specifically for our Asia/Australia/Oceania players!

(US/NA - Early) View Details
    (EU) View Details
    (US/NA) View Details

Weekly Developer Stream

Every week we plan to stream Shotbow Network Development - whether it's a gamemode, the website, or something else. The stream will start, as always, at 6pm CDT on Wednesday.

View Details

Weekly Staff Stream
    Every Friday you can join a staff member as the stream through our fantasticly fun games and host random events throughout the network. The stream starts at 2pm CDT on Fridays and will be hosted on our twitch channel

View Details

Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
    Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)

(EU) View Details
    (US/NA) View Details

XP Code Goalposts

No doubt thanks to the two massive teasers on our YouTube lately - MineZ Update & Mine Theft Auto 2.0 - we've hit our 6,000 follower goal! Feel free to redeem some sweet XP with the code YT6K!

[IMG]
    Facebook: 4,500 likes - Like us on Facebook!

[IMG]
    Twitter: 16,500 followers - Follow us on Twitter!

[IMG]
    Google+: 1,500 followers - Follow us on Google+!

[IMG]
    Twitch.tv: 1,500 followers - Follow us on Twitch.tv!

[IMG]
    YouTube: 6,500 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!

[IMG]
    Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!

[IMG]
    Instagram: 500 followers - Follow us on Instagram!

[IMG]
    Tumblr: 500 followers - Follow us on Tumblr!

Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week

For XP right now, be sure to Vote for The Shotbow Network at PlanetMinecraft!

Team Updates
    • Bjarn, from GameBlade, joined the Administration Team.
    • 97waterpolo joined the Development Team as a Jr. Developer.
    • MLG_MLG and InstantLightning have joined the Website Moderation Team.
    • SymyBee joined the SMASH Team

Annihilation
    • Make sure your favorite map isn't removed from rotation! Participate in the Annihilation Map Vote for August!
    • Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!

GG
    • Bugfix: Killing the king in KOTD no longer shows up as "Killed the kind" in the XP transaction list.

Gold Rush
    • Development on Gold Rush continued
    • Several Map tests have been held throughout last week and will continue to be held throughout this coming week, including some early morning tests for Asia/Oceania

MineZ
    • Several dungeons have had tweaks and fixes that were not enumerated for inclusion in The Arrow

Mine Theft Auto
    • Mine Theft Auto 2.0's Teaser was released on Wednesday, along with the announcement of GameBlade merging into Shotbow. You can read GameBlade's announcement over on their website.

Wasted
    • Bugfix: Players in turrets can no longer cause damage to their own teammates
    • Bugfix: SpecOps's grapple can no longer be dropped
    • Bugfix: Caches and drops are back to dropping items
    • Bugfix: The diamond will no longer vanish mysteriously causing games to last forever
    • Improvement: /report has been added to Wasted

If we told you we'd have to kill you
    • A new internal team is gearing up to make the experience of one of our coming games extraordinary
    • An older game is getting a few eyeballs on it to improve the experience
    • Two more internal projects focused on having easy, fast fun with your friends around the world are in progress

The Network in General
    • Shotbow Apparel is on sale again until August 30th
    • The development team has continued work on Shotbow's upcoming new games and bugfixing Wasted
    • A small group of staffers have continued preparing Wasted: Control for it's coming re-release
    • The PR Team continued their work across multiple social media sites, and wrote up The Weekly Arrow
    • The Graphics Team started work on a top secret project, so secret most of the staff don't even know it!
    • The PR Team updated the Shotbow Wallpaper Pack

(Last Week's Arrow)

This week's banner showcases the HCFactions billboard from The Shotbow Network lobby, in memorium of their last EOTW this past Friday

2. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
  3. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    Bye HCF. I will always remember the times of bringing my irl friends onto it and starting our first map on map 16. You also gave us new friends that used to be enemies on it. The adrenaline rush of hcf will also never be forgotten.
  4. lordbug Regular Member

XP:
    43,956xp
    Ahem...

The bugfix in RED has not been fixed as of this moment. When is the rollout for this update?

Drop zones and caches spawn empty chests. Some chests are still full of diamonds which do nothing.
    NEW_KING_OF_MC likes this.
  5. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    97waterpolo is a Jr. Dev? I think I know why :stuck_out_tongue:

This one is a pretty sweet Arrow this week :D
  6. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Did HCF get deleted?...
  7. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Waterpolo got dev after so long :eek:
    good things are about to come to anni
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  8. woohooman14 Platinum

XP:
    214,931xp
    yea, so that bugfix in wasted did not get fixed. The chests still spawn with nothing inside. please fix ASAP
    DaFunk and lordbug like this.
  9. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Out of everything that is broken in GG, they fixed that... Hilarious.

I guess its a start.
  10. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    "that" was low hanging fruit, something I could fix.

In development a lot of times you fix the easiest things first
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  11. JaylynnSendNudes Regular Member

XP:
    7,957xp
    what do you think pal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.