1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement May 5th, 2015 - Annihilation Update

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by SocomX1, May 5, 2015.

Announcement - May 5th, 2015 - Annihilation Update
  1. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Hey everyone! An update to both US and EU Annihilation servers has just been rolled out. The update includes the following:
    • New Hunter class! The Hunter class has been completely recoded, and comes with an awesome new ability!
    • Bugfix- Class ability items will not longer get stuck displaying NOT_READY.
    • Bugfix- Rank points should no longer reset after leaving a game/games ending. If this is not the case, please reply to this thread using the format found at the bottom of the post.
    • Map addition- Alpine has been added to the current Annihilation map rotation.
    As mentioned previously, if you are still having issues with your rank points not saving after playing a new game (one that you joined in voting, since this update just rolled out), then please reply to this thread using the following template:
    • Name (IGN-CaSe SeNsItIvE):
    • Have you ever changed your account's name:
    • Which region are you having issues with (US/EU):
    • Current rank points:
    • Any other information you can provide:
    Thanks, and enjoy your time on the network!

2. DemiPixel Platinum

XP:
    24,584xp
    Was the bug where /withdraw would lock you out of competitive fixed?

EDIT: Also thanks for the update :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Triceratops Silver

XP:
    20,635xp
  4. ___init___ Platinum

XP:
    19,905xp
    Nice, so glad the not_ready on the class ability is fixed. Now I can get back to destroying peoples walls with engineer :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. mrzack506 Platinum

XP:
    177,365xp
    Is there a video for the new map?
  6. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
  7. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    Looking forward to this new hunter.
  8. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Nice update
    Was hoping for a berzerker buff though ;_;
    tank414 and Desync like this.
  9. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    Hunter traps are cool, but the fact they have a lifespan at all completely ruins it.
  10. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Does it? I'm not so sure players should be able to leave their traps lying around forever if they remain alive, but I'm open to feedback.
  11. andrew323 Retired Staff

XP:
    127,641xp
    The lifespan is a little lame if you have to run around replacing your traps. Perhaps they can stick around with no time limit if the cooldown started after the trap was triggered/dismantled? Like the old hunter was.
    a2A209_, wepile, jaka100 and 2 others like this.
  12. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Are you going to do the enchantment glow on class item thing? :D
  13. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Turns out that it would require some really obnoxious inventory hacky-type code to get working. I still would like to implement some sort of indicator of the refresh of a class item's ability, it just probably won't be the enchantment glint.
    Keyboard likes this.
  14. DemiPixel Platinum

XP:
    24,584xp
    Can't you add a useless enchant? Ex: Efficiency on a sword and just hide it? Unless you're really worried about people not being able to enchant their soulbound items (can they even?)
    RobLovesMcKayla likes this.
  15. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    Very cool idea :). It would be nice to have traps that are smaller in size but have stronger effects than the 3x3 traps, especially since 3x3 are sometimes problematic as you can't place them in narrow passages.
  16. MacWasPvp Platinum

XP:
    206,412xp
    *COUGH COUGH* AQUA AFFINITY *COUGH COUGH* :lmao:
  17. TBuch Regular Member

XP:
    12,625xp
    The hunter class has a little bug were you would right click for the boss buff to grab an item from it. Instead you get the trap camo inventory.
  18. DrPyro Gold

XP:
    23,751xp
    Been testing out hunter.... seems a good bit UP as of now. Personally, I'd rather see a large amount of smaller-cooldown, easier to place 1x1 traps instead, but that's just my personal opinion.
  19. UnqualifiedNoob Platinum

XP:
    208,676xp
  20. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Fantastic to see an overhaul of hunter. A few things though:

1. I wish the camo selector remembered my last choice of camo :wink:
    2. Trap lifespan makes it more of a pain to use the traps, would love to see no lifespan on them and they despawn upon death or use only. Cooldown for replacing them is fine however :)
    3. For having 3 trap types I'd prefer to have 3 seperate items in my hotbar - that way it is faster to set up a trap rather than clicking through UI's.
    4. No wolves? But....but....wolves :(