1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other 3/2/2015 Annihilation Performance Fixes.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by HighlifeTTU, Mar 2, 2015.

Other - 3/2/2015 Annihilation Performance Fixes.
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    This last weekend we took a long look at Annihilation to determine if there were any lag issues. We identified three minor issues:

1. Fixed a database query to be far more efficient.
    2. Removed a legacy plugin that was not happy with UUIDs. This caused players who joined the server to possibly lag other players on the server. This is now fixed.
    3. Further optimized and expanded the deployment system to give more free resources to Annihilation.

Lag on Annihilation should no longer be an issue. However, please let us know if you experience any additional issues.

P.S. We actually have six class ideas from the community submitted classes we are starting to work on, along with some general balance changes. :)

2. Alzi Silver

XP:
    27,138xp
    This is great news for Anni and Shotbow as a whole. I'm glad it was figured out!!!

:lmao:
  3. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    We'll have to test this out just to be sure :wink:
    ChatBot likes this.
  4. UnqualifiedNoob Platinum

XP:
    208,676xp
  5. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    You'd tell me, but then you'd have to kill me..... wait that's Navarr's thing.
  6. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
  7. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    Great news that new classes are in the pipeline. But will we ever be able to see enemy nametags again in 1.8?
    MC_Villager likes this.
  8. aysharapov Guest

XP:
    xp
    Yay! Thank you for everything HighLife :heart:
  9. Mr_Darn Retired Staff

XP:
    56,604xp

If Anni ever gets updated to run on 1.8 alone, then yes.

Till that happens, its unlikely.
    IconByte and KittensZ like this.
  10. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    So like.....the classes.....I'm....a.....weeeeeee bit curious to see what they are.....
  11. Callimoto Gold

XP:
    127,517xp
    TY higlife luv that 2nd change :D
  12. bchaikovsky Silver

XP:
    18,289xp
    Love you guys. I knew you haven't abandoned us! :heart: :D
  13. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

March is cleanup month. We are making a lot of changes in the background, but also benefit from our development team growing substantially. Lots of fixes, additions to old modes, and even new modes are coming.
  14. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    Will you be adding a bunch of small games this time around? :stuck_out_tongue:
  15. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

We've got a couple new games on the horizon. We are more concerned with bugs and performance right now, with administration the other big thing we are hitting on. With all the new developers we have on board, we have more time to truly polish our existing modes and also develop custom anti-hacks. We've got our hands on the latest and greatest hacked client, so now all we need to do is find something automated that stomps out a hacker. We did this long ago with our kill aura detection (one hacked client even has a note next to their improved aura saying "screw you shotbow"), and we'll continue to automate the detection of hackers. We ARE growing our admins, but realistically, using code to find hackers is far more efficient than trying to have an admin in every server.
    Creativion, Quote, a2A209_ and 4 others like this.
  16. GameRanger Silver

XP:
    13,018xp
    Great news And finnaly no lag when i play
    Anni Hopefully.
  17. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp

I feel like things have definitely improved since the Weekly Arrow started coming out. I'm just hoping it continues.

Also, has anybody ever solved the Lag chunk problem? I only ever play on one other server (you know, the big one) and I still haven't ever had that exact issue there.
  18. Aerux Retired Staff

XP:
    922,163xp
    Woo! :D

Hopefully fixing the issue of de-sync too?
  19. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

Can you describe this problem exactly? I'm happy to look into this.

Please also describe this in full detail.

These are two things that I've heard mentioned before but I've never gotten to witness myself or been given a very detailed description of what exactly is happening.
  20. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    Basically I'll play coastal in Anni and at some point I will be stuck and unable to move for 30secs-1 minute. People called it a lag chunk error, but I don't know if it is or if this has been addressed already.