1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Weekly Arrow (Changes for the week of January 18, 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Jan 25, 2015.

The Weekly Arrow (Changes for the week of January 18, 2015)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Things really geared up this past week - Lazer is starting to feel better and the administrative team had an all-hands cross-continental meeting in order to flesh out the State of the Shotbow and make sure everyone is on the same track with where we're going, where we need to be, etc etc.

Below, you'll find some specifics on what we did. We've retired a number of old projects this week, which is always an incredibly sad experience, but we hope that you feel better with the knowledge that we do so to truly refocus our efforts on where they're needed.

Annihilation
    • Annihilation was recently moved over to our shiny new Server Deployment System (mentioned in previous Arrows as "revolutionary" and redacted). The new system creates servers as they are needed - so let us know if you're having any issues finding a game to play!
    • In staff news, Maggie_May_Play stepped down as the Lead of the Annihilation Admin team, handing the reigns over to BeatBoxCow. Congratulations to him, and good luck with all those reports!
    • Additionally, the Annihilation Admin team has been given a little more freedom to improve their productivity. This should increase the amount of reports being handled.
    GhostCraft
    • In GhostCraft news, Warehouse & Sanctuary triumphantly returned to the game alongside IamMcIovin's community submitted map Confined.
    • Bug Fix: An issue on Confined where one of the ghost spawn points dropped them into the void was patched.
    • Bug Fix: A Spectator sign was added to Confined.
    GunGame
    • New map Dusty Roads was added and subsequently removed due to crashing the server everytime it was selected in rotation. We hope to be able to launch in soon with an additional map after resolving the issue.
    HCFactions
    Lightbikes
    • Vortex has temporarily been removed from the game due to bugs. We hope to bring it back soon.
    MineZ 2
    • Bug Fix: Player houses no longer disappear after adding an offline admin to them. Previously undeleted "disappeared" houses have been restored in full condition. More information available in lazertester's announcement.
    MineZ RP
    • MineZ RP, a project meant to fill a niche in the way MineZ Classic was played has been cancelled due to the changing landscape of Minecraft games and the shrinking of players interested in that niche. More information available in Navarr's announcement.
    Shotbow Games
    • After a long tenure on The Shotbow Network, Shotbow Games is being retired. The final day for play is February 28th, 2015 and a generous parting gift is planned for SBG players. More details available in Zombry's announcement.
    SMASH
    • To encourage more players to enter ranked matches, a prominent podium has been added front and center to the SMASH lobby - relying less on players noticing the less obvious signs at the SMASH billboard
    • In addition, the SMASH tutorial signs were updated to include information on how to grab and throw players.
    • And finally SMASH, like Annihilation, was added to the new Server Deployment System.
    Sweepers
    • Bug Fix: Minecraft Achievements are no longer announced to the server.
    Unavowed
    • Unavowed - The Shotbow Network's original entry into the MMORPG genre has been cancelled. More details can be found in kensai111's announcement.
    The Network in General
    • Received >11,500 "/report"s
    • Due to the recent confusion with what minimaps may be used on the Shotbow Network, our client-side development staff has updated the original Rei's Minimap for 1.7.10 and 1.8. Links to this version can be found on our rules page.
    • Spring has come early to The Shotbow Network! Released alongside some backend changes for HCF's SotW, the lobby has moved over to a lovely new Springtime format. Christmas is officially over, and hopefully now it'll stop snowing so much where I live.
    • A result from the previously mentioned all-hands meeting: The Shotbow Network staff have been OK'ed to play Shotbow Network games on their main accounts. This has previously been discouraged, but with some bug fixes disabling ways staff could unintentionally cheat they've been cleared to play! Feel free to keep a keen eye out for off-duty staff taking a break from reports to play the games they love.
    • Work began this week on a new support system being planned to replace Ban Appeals & Player Reports. An ETA is not yet available, but the web team hopes to put out an early version soon.
    • With ten days (at the time of this post) left before Mojang allows players to change their username, the Web & Systems team continued (albeit possibly with a little more panic) to prepare The Shotbow Network for these upcoming changes.
    • The PR Team this week continued to respond to questions directed over Twitter and Facebook, and cross-posted ban appeals made from Facebook messages to the Ban Appeal forum. At time of writing, the PR team made the following comment: "There's just no end to them! Even if you double-tap 'em they just keep coming back!!"
    • And finally this week the PR team assembled the third Weekly Arrow - making a few poor attempts at comedy and assembling far more information that I want to every week.
    Notices
    Do you use Google+? Well, even if you don't (which is a shame because it's one of my personal favorite social mediums) we'd super appreciate it if you went and followed our Google+ Page! The PR Team will be making a continued effort to post events and more to the Google+ so you may choose to add them to your calendar.

Follow us at +TheShotbowNetwork

Reminders
    As alluded to in last week's Arrow - development efforts from the systems, game, and web development teams has certainly expanded. Lots has been happening with still more to come.

And that's the last of this week's changes. See you next week, Shotbow!

(Last Week's Arrow)

2. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    Yay for non-redacted information, but I thought that Anni already had that system? Also, regarding SMASH Ranked, thank you so much to who ever added the extra signs. If it hasn't already been fixed, though, one of the four sides on the pillar is blank. :(

More news is good news, although you may want to outsource the humor for next week. :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Clim Emerald

XP:
    658,110xp
    Awesome, thanks for giving us informations about what really happens
  4. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Oh man I'm still so happy that the PR team is a thing
  5. themonesterman Platinum

XP:
    147,908xp
  6. Gabe_Fels Gold

XP:
    36,845xp

ty based admins

What if Shotbow gets popular again and people start playing stuff and all the servers are being used, making other gamemodes unable to allocate new servers?
  7. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Fantastic to see that stuff's getting done :3
  8. LethalPacifist Platinum

XP:
    58,866xp
    Once again, I fail to see Wasted on that list...
    ultislasher1 likes this.
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

Please be patient - our team can't handle everything in a week. We're still gearing up and I'm personally making sure a lot of development time goes into making sure we handle name changes properly.
  10. LethalPacifist Platinum

XP:
    58,866xp
    Sorry, I understand. I'm just a bit sad to see another year go by with very few hotfixes and even fewer updates... Get where I'm coming from?
    ultislasher1 likes this.
  11. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

My favorite game is GunGame, so yes. Rest easy knowing I know where you're coming from :)
    ultislasher1 likes this.
  12. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    Nice (y)
    Two new GunGame maps or one?

EDIT: Okaay just wanted to konw if my map could have chances :zwhistling:
  13. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    :D

EDIT: Thank you so much for actually posting in the announcement section. You guys are finally listening to me! :D
  14. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

This is a trial run, really. Not entirely sure the weekly changelog should go here since it's a summary (I also feel bad - like I'm putting The Crow out of business). Would be better with a picture though, as a huge gaping bit of text makes the homepage look dull.
    mistriman likes this.
  15. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    http://shotbow.net/forum/styles/fusiongamer/xenforo/images/sitelogo.png?cache=20140402
    Didn't you guys use to have a youtube series with a logo in that style that said "The Arrow" or something?
  16. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    You want me to make one? :stuck_out_tongue:
  17. 8_Bit_Hero Retired Staff

XP:
    15,607xp
    Server? All 4 we're up when I last checked.

Zero. I tried to add one, it kept crashing the server everytime selected. Robertthegoat has 2 new GunGame maps ready to go though once we figure out why it crashes the server on selection.

Pretty good summary of my week, spend a few hours adding and setting up things, then find out they break everything and undo them :\
    _BornToBeWasted_ and KoenigApfel like this.
  18. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Hurray for another weekly arrow! :D

Lots of new exciting stuff again this week, good work, shotbow team!
  19. CoastinSens Regular Member

XP:
    15,593xp
    Any update involving Ghostcraft is a good update. Glad to see warehouse back too, that was my favorite map for a long time before it was removed.
    pls remove water particles
  20. ccloughley Platinum

XP:
    86,485xp
    wooh so these were the updates they were talking about when unavowed wqas cacelled! grats to you to looking into GUNgame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.