1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Search Bar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SnowblindGhost, Oct 22, 2014.

The Search Bar
?

Did this help you?

Yes. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No. 1 vote(s) 33.3%
Maybe. 2 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Yes. Incase you're wondering, I used the search bar for similar threads and found no direct relation to the threads.

The search bar, it is mentioned a lot in the forums for many things. Duplicates.

And such reasons like this is why they are barely used. These are some reasons on my opinion why the search engine is rarely used.

If you're too lazy then you are lacking the perseverance about your point and don't try enough to get your point across.
    The search bar is right under your character settings and stuff or you can simply go to the next page on the forum list.
    You can state your opinion on similar threads or create a new one if the previous one was locked but make sure it's different than the last one.
    If you're not finding it make sure you use the right search word and look in-depth to each search result.
    If you didn't know you didn't search, didn't know this topic was this old, or were too ignorant to look.

Results of duplicating threads,
    Disrespect,
    Immaturity accusations,
    Locked threads,
    Dejections,
    And further rebuke from staff.

How to be better at searching,
    Search in the thread list. If you go to the forums homepage and type in something it will show a ton more results, if you go to say the WiR forums page and type something in it will be significantly more accurate.
    Search 1-3 words. It will show more results and help you avoid searching but not finding another thread on it.
    ALWAYS have search titles only. You can't duplicate a thread if the search is showing posts instead of threads.
    Search in time wise. If you have information on when the subject of your thread cane to be, put it in older than ___ or newer than ___.

How to avoid,
    Use the search bar . . .
    Click page 2, 3, etcetera . . .
    Use the right words in search . . .
    Make your thread different from others but still on same topic . . .

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ. I state the many reasons the search engine is mentioned, why it's not used, what results from it, reasons to use it, and how to avoid it.

If this has helped you say so below.
    If this has hurt you say again below.
    If this might have helped you still say below.

Feedback appreciated.

-SnowblindGhost

2. Sanguinarius Platinum

XP:
    163,587xp
    2Long4Me that's what she said..............
  3. kaiomann Gold

XP:
    63,790xp
    Search bar is love, search bar is life.
  4. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Sorry for the bump . . . :oops: I kinda just wanted a little more feedback on this. :confused:
  5. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    You can also go to google and enter
    site:shotbow.net [search items here]
  6. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Eh no one bothers to do those anyway . . .
  7. builder56128053 Regular Member

XP:
    18,706xp
    my presence was requested...
    so i necro!
    [IMG]