1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Random's Completely Absurd Guide to "Hacks" & "Hackers"

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by random_mine_02, Jul 25, 2014.

Guide - Random's Completely Absurd Guide to "Hacks" & "Hackers"
?

Did this do anything at all to boost your knowledge of hacks?

Completely educated now 10 vote(s) 16.9%
Yes 4 vote(s) 6.8%
In some parts... 5 vote(s) 8.5%
Nope.avi 9 vote(s) 15.3%
Pears 31 vote(s) 52.5%
  1. Random_Person_02 Regular Member

XP:
    6,121xp
    [IMG]

So, you actually clicked on this, huh? Well, if you didn't bother to read the title, this is a guide I threw together in an orderly fashion on different forms of hacking. Now, I'll just include what I know for sure what would be on this list. If there's anything else you think I left out, you can put it in the comment/reply/pear section down at the bottom. Here we go.....

==THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS IS SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR PEOPLE IN SMASH SCREAMING "AIMBOOOOOT" WHEN IT ISN'T EVEN AIMBOT ALSO PUTTING THIS IN ALL CAPS DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO MAKE MY POINT.==

Random's Definition of Hacks:

Hacks: Any modification to a game's files/any addition to it that would give a player an unfair advantage over others.

As for hackers themselves, they may do a variety of things. Some try to hide their hacks discretely, and can get away with it a lot of the time (sadly). Others may go on the server and after a match just go "HA, LOLOLOLOLOLOL GET REKT MLG PRO 420 2GOOD4ALLOFU". Then there are those who start going "Get good. Get [Insert site to get hacks here]" in chat. Very few just openly admit they hack and just hack to the ABOLUTE MAX WE'RE TALKING A POWER LEVEL OF OVER NINE THOUSAND TIMES SEVEN TO THE POWER OF PEAR.

Stuff that is basically okay (More can be found in rules):

• Armor/Tool/Potion Effect Stats: It just shows you your armor durability, tool durability, and what potion got thrown at your face a second ago. 'Nuff said.
    • OptiFine: All it does is boost your FPS (Not First Person Shooter, Frames Per Second). Though it could give an advantage against a player who lags everywhere, it really isn't anything that would get someone banned.
    • Shaders: Once you're done boosting your FPS, you can absolutely destroy it with Shaders. It basically makes Minecraft look much nicer, adding in reflecting water, really good shadows, and other great lighting effects. Now it may just be me, but I always get crazy lag when I turn Shaders on, so having OptiFine with it is very helpful. Once again, nothing that gives an advantage.
    • Rei's Minimap: It's what the name implies, it adds a minimap to the top right corner of your screen. It isn't a huge advantage, you just know where everything is.
    Things that are JUST NO (A.K.A. Actual hacks)
    -This bit will include how to spot it and the best way to capture evidence to get people banned.
    --NOTE: If your computer is slow and lags, like we're talking an average of 20fps, then you may not be suited to decide if someone hacks or not. If you want a different guide made by a different person all about determining the difference between actual hacks and lagging, then click here.
    • Fly Hacks: Need I say more? The most infamous hack of all time (in my opinion), it allows you to basically fly like you're in creative mode. Flying is extremely powerful in Smash, considering the premise of the game is to knock your opponents into the void (in some cases the sky), so flying would be probably the biggest advantage you could have. This is the easiest to spot, since, you know, SOME GUY IS FLYING FOR GOD SAKE. Instead of seeing the usual arc of a double jump, you'll probably see a guy go straight up, then straight forward, basically making a 90 degree angle, if he starts shifting to go down, you know you're witnessing hacks. To report it, you can take screenshots, multiple ones are much better than a single frame, but video footage is better.
    • Glide Hacks: A bit different. It's basically flying, but instead the person sort of "glides". It's basically the same as fly hacks, so capture it the same way as well.
    • Speed Hacks: Rollin' around at the speed of hacks. Pretty self-explanatory, it just makes a guy run fast. Combine it with fly or glide hacks and you have yourself a hacker that is just plain annoying. Pretty easy to catch someone with video, but watch out, because a guy could just be lagging, a lot.
    • Aimbot: I shouldn't even continue with this one, but oh well. Aimbot comes in 2 varieties as I find; projectile and melee. Projectile aimbot isn't something you notice until you get a good look at a guy. The guy will stand around with a bow, and the moment he lets go of right click, he'll move right in your direction, and no matter how much you strafe, you won't be able to escape the arrow. Melee is also obscure, where the guy will be constantly be focused on you. No matter what he will continue punching right at you. To capture footage, you can't use screenshots. At all. It won't help. Only video footage, and you have to be able to get all the details.
    • Kill Aura: The most misunderstood of all hacks. I, myself, get called out for kill aura the most, and though many say they'll report me and one taunted me saying "Enjoy your ban :)", here I am, not banned from the server. Kill aura is where there is a radius around a player (God I hate pears) and if you enter that player's radius, you'll take damage. You may confuse someone lagging for using kill aura, so watch out for that. You HAVE to use video footage. No going around it.
    • Crit Hacks: It's what the name says. You know how if you jump and then punch a guy, little stars fly off of the person. Well, that's a critical hit. What crit hacks does is makes it so a guy crits every time. That's about it. There is a way to detect it, though pretty hard to see. You may see the guy slightly jump up then back down very slightly, which is how crit hacks work. If you catch someone doing this, then take a video. That's it. Again, details are important.
    • Forcefield: It's a forcefield. Like kill aura, there's a radius around a player, and if someone else runs into it, they get pushed back (not great in a game like Smash). You won't actually see the hacker hit you, and you can't even get close, but using ranged weapons + explosives can help (except if he also has fly or something). Use video footage, and also make sure you're not lagging or if the guy you think is hacking isn't lagging.
    • Anti-Knockback: Makes it so a guy can't get knocked back. Ever. In a game like Smash, knockback is your best friend. Until this guy comes along and goes "HAHALOLUCANTMAKEMEMOVEANINCHHAHAHALOLOLOL" (Note: hacker may not actually say that). It's one of the most obvious hacks to spot, but also can get confused with, you guessed it, lag. You just need to find a guy who's moving around, but even with 501% damage, he can't be knocked off the arena. Once again, you need to use video footage, but a less-helpful way would be to take a ton of screenshots to sort-of make a quick stop motion video (not effective and not recommended).
    Those are all the ones you may see most often, but there are a few others that I'll list:
    • Spider Hacks: Instead of jumping, the person climbs up blocks. Easiest way to spot this is when a person goes up to a block in front of them, then slides up it, then keeps running (NOTE: This can be done with more than one block surfaces). Use video footage as evidence.
    • Tracking: I have no clue what the actual name is. Really I don't, so I'm just going to call it tracking because, well, that's what it is. I've only seen it a couple times on different servers, but it goes like this; tracking is when a person locks onto a target (another guy), then relentlessly follows him, no matter what. When the two enter close combat, the hacker will never let the other guy have a break. He'll constantly be locked on, so if the other guy turns one way to dodge punches, the hacker will just turn, following his every move. Once the other guy dies, the hacker then automatically turns and locks onto another player, starting the cycle again. Again, video evidence is the only way to capture this. It may help to forfeit the match to go into spectator mode and get a better view of what the hacker is doing.
    • Other Speed Hacks: It isn't just for running, though that's what you'll probably see most of the time. Other speed hacks may be rapid punching or rapid bow fire (Not the usual spam right click for a bow, I mean we're talking an absolute machine gun). Video footage is the best way, but if you can somehow get extremely lucky and get an image showing a lot of arrows flying out of a guy, that could possibly work, but only possibly.
    • SOMETHINSOMETHINGPEARSSOMETHINGSOMETHINGSOMETHING: This spot is for any hacks you think should be added. Just tell me what the hack name is and what it does.
    HACKUSATIONS (Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn)
    It's the one thing that I hate the most in Smash. It's the one thing I find more annoying than a chorus of Daleks yelling "EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!!! EGGS TERMINATE!!!!!!!! X-TERM-IN-88888888888888!!!!!!!!!!!1111". Anyways......
    I see hackusations everyday, and guess what? It's more pointless than ReaperOfBlocks adding "Yoshi Says:" at the start of every sentence he makes! You aren't making a difference by screaming "HAACKERRRRR" in the chat. If you really want to get the guy punished, then get evidence that he hacks, and report it. Have no clue where to send a report? Maybe you should try the tab on the forums labeled "Report a Player". Here's a link:
    Click here for the correct place for reporting a player.
    --Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP PUTTING REPORTS IN THE SMASH SECTION.
    ----Well, that's my guide to hacks and stuff. If you have a suggestion of what I should put in, just put a reply down below.
    --------As usual, I really hate pears.......

2. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    I would just like to mention one teeny thing.

All approved mods can be found in the rules page, and if you use any mod that is not listed as approved (including shaders) you use it at your own risk. This means that if you're banned while using shaders or another mod, your ban will be non-appealable. Also, the entity radar on ries is automatically disabled on servers, so it's fine to use. :wink:
  3. NoirGraves Regular Member

XP:
    41,150xp
    This will be entirely useful for those who've been dealing with this huge outbreak of hackers that have been popping in as of late.
  4. SatanicGoat Platinum

XP:
    12,461xp
    Ha, good thread. Also try playing Smash every day, you're guaranteed you'll find at least an Anti-Knockback Hacker.
    falling_dutchmam likes this.
  5. Random_Person_02 Regular Member

XP:
    6,121xp
    Ikr. Also try and play for just an hour, and count how many people say "HAACKER" in chat (Misspelled because ya know, you can't say it correctly unless you want it censored.)
  6. Random_Person_02 Regular Member

XP:
    6,121xp
    I like how pears is the #1 answer in the poll. It doesn't mean anything, it's just pears....
  7. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    I voted pears because I knew this beforehand. Good guide though, I will link it to people who have issues identifying these.
    Unicycle43 likes this.
  8. luke1066 Regular Member

XP:
    16,819xp
    I vote nope.avi because I have experience catching the h4x0rz (I dunno, maybe because I used to make a private client?) but good guide. gonna link dis in my sig.
  9. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    Your signature is how I found this :)
  10. luke1066 Regular Member

XP:
    16,819xp
    :D it workz. try not to post though. technically I necro'd it.