1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Shotbow Kid Icarus: Uprising Tournament.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bakbagel, Jun 29, 2014.

Shotbow Kid Icarus: Uprising Tournament.
  1. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    Light VS Dark is a popular sport in the realm of the gods..

I recently got my slimey hands on a copy of Uprising, and quickly became addicted to the PvP of it, figured i'd host a tourny for it through the network, and see if people actually join, EDIT: Prize is a go! Whoever gets 1st place will get 100k XP, thank GalaxyWolff!

I'll start with a goal of 12 players, so that we can have 4 teams, if more come, there's no cap, but i think it'll be a struggle to find 12 in the first place.
    If you wish to have a specified team of friends, sign all of the fellows up in one, and i'll put you as a team, if you don't have friends to play with, no worries, just sign up and you'll go on the random roster to be put with whoever.
    Just comment here with your Friendcode if you wish to join.
    All matches except the end FFA are best of 3.
    The winning teams of the first 2 matches will move on to fight eachother, and the winning team of that will have a 1v1v1 Free For All, the last man standing is the winner of the prize.

Arrangements:
    1: Time is undecided and will eventually be announced once I can pinpoint a time where everyone can conviently participate.

2: Meeting will be througha Shotbow PM, which will post a chatroom for the things to be discussed in, which will of course have the potential for extra rooms so that the teams can discuss strategies on their own, whether they use this, merely go with the flow ingame, or use Mumble/other voice chat is up to the team.
    Rules:
    1: Only 1 of each weapon type per team.
    2: OHKO weapons must be announced in advance to allow the other team/players to
    prepare accordingly, ex: high cancellation value weapons, Sheild Orbitars, Reflect Barriers.
    3: Powers/Weapons may be switched in between battles, but new warnings must be issued if it is a OHKO weapon.

Light VS Dark Roster
    10/12 players required.
    Me, of course.
    DiamondBlad3.
    Dinohoot8
    nintendoway
    _Sequoit_
    Mintkirby9
    kirby2500
    amc215
    mcola215
    GeneralYoshi9000
    neohugh

2. Pervy_Blackjack Silver

XP:
    15,625xp
    I can't play today but I do have kid Icarus uprising with a ton if shizz...so count me in
  3. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    won't be today, it'll only start once i gather the correct ammount of people, so probably not today, since gathering will be slow.
  4. Pervy_Blackjack Silver

XP:
    15,625xp
    Good my Baka friend :)
  5. nintendoway Platinum

XP:
    301,777xp
    I would love to join, but can I refrain from giving my FC until we know for sure if the tourney is happening?

This sounds amazing, and I really would love to join!
  6. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    perfectly acceptable.
  7. _Sequoit_ Platinum

XP:
    192,181xp
    This would be a great tournament! I think it would be fun to play, but I don't exactly know if il be able to do it considering the date. I would love to participate in it and fight for the win.

Count me in

If I have a concern, I will talk to u about it. :wink:
  8. Pervy_Blackjack Silver

XP:
    15,625xp
    This is faster than expected :lmao:
  9. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    I would love to be in this! It does depend on what date it is though. I wish good luck to everyone and I hope to win :lmao:.
  10. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    like i've said, it'll only start once we reach 12 people, and even then, i'll make sure it's on a date that's convenient for everyone, :stuck_out_tongue:.
  11. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    100k XP prize is now avaliable, hopefully.
  12. MintKirby9 Emerald

XP:
    177,416xp
    Me and My beam claws will be there! I am horrible at the game, but it is fun...so ya
  13. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    Updated rules, if you are using a OHKO weapon, you must tell the opposing team/players (if you make it to the final 1v1v1) so they can prepare accordingly, ex: have a teammate weild Sheild Orbitars or take reflect barriers.
  14. GeneralYoshi9000 Regular Member

XP:
    30,603xp
    Sign me up. I haven't played in a while, so I should probably practice. Also, I believe my Cutter Palm with full energy charge can one hit kill.
    (protip: floor ice cream gives you health)
  15. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    noted.
  16. pokepeople01 Platinum

XP:
    55,186xp
    Awww yis, Kid Icarus Uprising. Probably not gonna be in, but still.
  17. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    you want in the roster, or not?
  18. Pikadrew Regular Member

XP:
    5,661xp
    OMG YES!!! Count me in!

1) What time will this take place? And how will we meet up?
    2) Are you allowed to switch weapons?
    3) How about switching powers?
  19. pokepeople01 Platinum

XP:
    55,186xp
    I'll pass, just saying that Kid Icarus Uprising is a really good game IMO.
  20. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    powers/weapons can be swapped between battles, each team's matches will be best of three, the time is undecided, as it depends on when i can find a convenient time for everyone. meeting up will be through a shotbow network PM. when the time comes, teams may choose if they wish to use some kind of chat system, mumble, skype, w/e for communication, or if they just wanto go on what they can ingame, all up to the people.