1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion New MineZ Game-mode! ("Fallen")

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Jackdeath3, Jun 17, 2014.

Suggestion - New MineZ Game-mode! ("Fallen")
?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Never will succeed >:( 2 vote(s) 8.3%
Needs some changes :/ 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I would try it :| 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Seems cool, Ill be there :) 6 vote(s) 25.0%
Defiantly a awesome idea, this has to be made :D 6 vote(s) 25.0%
HOLY F**K THIS NEEDS TO HAVE MY BABIES XD 7 vote(s) 29.2%
  1. Jackdeath3 Platinum

XP:
    555,218xp
    This game mode is intended to present a sense of how a lot of modern day towns and structures were ravaged and taken by the zombies from the citizens. In this 20-30 players will spawn in the selected map (MineZ town) and will be forced to defend the town from waves of zombies that get progressively harder. How it gets harder is determined by the wave, players left, and zombies not yet killed. There are no breaks between waves.

Players spawn with their normal Minez spawn gear (spawn kits included) in their rank's armor. They have a brief time where they can loot chests without the presence of zombies, and after that zombies start gradually coming in (You can still loot chests while zombies attack). If you die you go into a "spectate mode" and you can't respawn. This is to represent a hardcore "this is the end" feel. The waves simply spawn more and more zombies, while the amount of zombies determines "chaos mode". When "chaos mode" is achieved then PvP is enabled to repressed looting and chases that is created by the fall of civilization. The amount of players effect changes to the map. As more people die more damage is done to the map and more LORE (and by LORE, I mean how stuff got damaged or in some maps maybe something even more relevant).

The maps will include different MineZ towns and will be managed by a voting system. The towns will be placed in to tiers and one of each tier will be available to vote on each server at a time. Some ideal towns areas follows: Agni Ignis, Byesford, Fort Saward, Frostbain, Al Hasa, Floating Islands, and many many more that are deemed a reasonable size. All Minez mechanics will stay the same except zombies will have a higher agro range/will auto walk into the city and maybe some higher pot spawn chances/new chest locations.

The variation in maps and curiosity to discover specific town's stories will keep this game mode fresh, and will offer a new thing to do for the community. I am willing to help with this however I can which includes donating money for more hosting if that becomes an issue. I would also like to have part in recreating maps to look as they did before the apocalypse.

A few things to note:
    An event the admins held once did inspire this, but I intend this to be self automated and ran by plugins.
    Yes you can say this resembles slaughter, but this is not slaughter. Its Minez. It has all the cool mechanics and maps that we've come to love.

Please leave feedback and link this idea to others to help make this idea become a reality!

Please support "Minez Fallen"

If you have criticisms please explain.

2. TheGoldenCoww Platinum

XP:
    28,247xp
    This, my friend is awesome! It adds the exact thing of having the more "lore" in a way, but also with the PvP/PvE action fun almost everyone desires! I love how your thread is wonderfully set up, and how I had a question, but right in the next sentence you answered it. The only thing (in my opinion) what goes unanswered is: would the chest respawn mechanics stay the same? Another thing I would love to see, it places like Romero or especially Grimdale as a map because of all the lore that's already placed inside of it. :D An idea I just thought of, critique it all you want, is imagine if there was a demon lord (nuuub alert :lmao:) or some sort of evil spirit that can fly or move around the top of the map/town. The player that plays the evil spirit is determined by (possibly) a few things: How much he/she looted, how much he/she killed (PvE), and how much he/she murdered (PvP). Somewhat similar to Ghostcraft! There could also be "Spirit Passes" again, like GhostCraft, as premiums get the cooldown/wait time or alternatively could be bought with xp from the xp shop. :) Anyway what the spirit can do (I thought of a few things) 1. Since he is constantly a couple dozen blocks above the map, wherever he/she stands controls about 30% or so of the zombie spawns. Of course the spirit would not be allowed to spawn the zombies inside of a house, or next to a player, but only in the infection zone. (which I will get into a little bit towards the end of the post) Since the spirit is at an aerial view, it cannot spawn them underground. 2. The spirit is NOT viewing the map from an aerial position, but is standing outside of the walls or border of the zombie spawn/infection zone region. (again this varies from maps like Romero or Floating Islands) A zombie spawn egg is placed into the spirit's inventory every 5 seconds. The zombies that the spirit spawns will be somewhat special, maybe with some perks, or not. 3. Maybe take out the whole "evil spirit of MineZ" and just give special ability to spectators. The spectators get a zombie spawn egg every 8 10? seconds. (maybe varying depending on the amount of spectators/players) As a side note it might be a cool idea if when a zombie kills a player, 4 (again varying between the spectators/players) zombie spawn eggs are distributed evenly between spectators. A last cool idea is "The Infection Zone". This could basically be a border that prevents the zombies from spawning too close to a player or inside the town walls. (again depending on the map, or how the gameplay is necessarily preformed) I.E. Romero would have its infection zone/border around the stone walls. This border can damage the players with true damage equivalent to poison 2, and nausea as long as they are in the infection zone. (maybe slowness or weakness for extra effect?) The borders could slowly close in on the players depending on the player/spectator ratio. Also depending on the map, the infection zone cannot pinch off more than "X" amount by "X" amount of blocks. Maybe 20x20 in a place like Romero, or 10x10 in a place like Gueten. I extremely support this as I decided to type this at 1am about. :lmao: If you want me to make or think of any other ideas, let me know because I would be amazed if something like this could be implemented. Also some possible classes: Town Guard: spawns with a chain chestplate, and a half durability stone sword. Infected: Constantly has speed 1, but loses hearts if zombie flesh is not consumed. When it is consumed, regeneration 1 is given to heal up to 1 1/2 hearts. Town Crier: Spawns with a golden sword renamed "Bugle" and also gets 3 2? bandages renamed "news" which can be used as bandages. The golden sword (has knockback 1 maybe?) and has a chance to deal anywhere between 4-6 true damage. (Yes, damage, not hearts) Also when the bugle hits a mob or a player, a musical note of any color is emitted from the player or mob. (possibly sound too? :D) Scientist: spawns with a stick renamed "scalpel" which has the ability to, once right or left clicked, on a zombie, gives the scientist an antidote. The scalpel has a 40 second cooldown, but decreases by 8 every mob killed. Kleptomaniac: has a blaze rod renamed "lockpick" this lockpick is able to be right clicked whilst opening a chest, (and a sound effect is heard. Maybe a lever being flicked, a wooden door opening, or a piston pushing?) which grants the players the next tier up of whatever chest he found. I.E. military_common boosts to a military_uncommon or an extra apple, or few melons spawn in a civ_store chest, or 2 instant 1 potions or 1 instant 2 potion, etc. :D this has a 60 second cooldown and is decreased by 4 every chest that is opening without using the lockpick. Okay that's enough typing for me, as I don't want to type too much, I want to suggest and give other players with different mindsets to add on, and better the idea! :) If anything needs critiquing on my end, feel free to speak up. Again, speak up if you have any ideas, or if this post brought you any! :) Anyway I EXTREMELY support this and would suggest a ton, and help a lot for this to become a thing. :)
    ~Stay Golden, my friend!
    ~The_Golden_Cow
  3. D_ultimateplayer Silver

XP:
    5,641xp
    Ponyboy say hi Goldencow.

Anyone catch the reference to the end of golden cows msg C:
  4. builder56128053 Regular Member

XP:
    18,706xp
    so much zombie wave servers.....so much zombie wave servers.....
    TheMinecrafter_2 likes this.
  5. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    I would definitely play this.

Just one question, as people become more scarce would the loot spawning in the chests become higher tiered as well?
  6. Jackdeath3 Platinum

XP:
    555,218xp
    Ill read this when I get home from school...
  7. Jackdeath3 Platinum

XP:
    555,218xp
    1. I get that reference.

2. I really like the infection zone idea Ill add that as a suggestion.

3. I was hoping for this to capture the whole "MineZ Experience" and I feel as if the boss idea you had would take that away.. and crash a few computers.

4. I don't like the idea of classes, this isn't Anni or Ghostcraft. I think the inclusion of MineZ spawn kits will work fine.
  8. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    Just FYI when you quote a large post most people prefer you 'snip' it.

Like so.
  9. Pikadrew Regular Member

XP:
    5,661xp
    This would be a lot of fun! It creates the options of trust with the ability to team, fight, or just co-exist. I think possible idea is that chests would progressively grow in tiers and types as the zombies grew in numbers and perhaps strength. Overall, I think this would really effectively add the apocalypse feeling. A+ To you good sir!
  10. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    Removed off topic or private offending discussion - postings.
    If you want to settle it, do it in private. But watch your language.

Keep posts here on topic.
  11. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp
    Would this have PvP and Banditing? I think it would be cooler if you can not hurt teammates (to stop people trolling each other), but people would often steal each others loot from chests...
    Great Idea though! I like it!
  12. Jackdeath3 Platinum

XP:
    555,218xp
    PvP isn't enabled until really late in the game where the on-map zombie count is like over 200 or some big number. Its encourages people to kill off zombies to protect humanity. Even though PvP will be enabled it is not encouraged, it is mostly to allow players to end the game after like half an hour so the server can restart :stuck_out_tongue:
  13. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp
    And would chests respawn as each wave ends? And how would the houses be slowly destroyed? Would it replace the map with a more weathered/destroyed version every couple of rounds? Because that would require lots of maps...
  14. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Holy wall of text :eek: I'll read that later when I have time
  15. Jackdeath3 Platinum

XP:
    555,218xp
    First of all chest would have completely normal MineZ spawn mechanics. No changes. Second it wouldn't require new maps, admins could code mechanics similar to those in Wasted where explosions can edit terrain, or something similar to set block but plugin style. It wouldn't be that hard to make if my understanding is correct.
  16. Resistant Regular Member

XP:
    13,545xp
    Awesome idea :)