1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation May Annihilation Update Changelog

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lazertester, Apr 30, 2014.

Annihilation - May Annihilation Update Changelog | Page 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp

I'm not really here to argue. I'm not wasting my time anymore. I've said what I wanted to say. My opinion will never change.

2. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    I doesn't ban people for no reason. I must be because you were using an unapproved mod or something similar. Even if the mod doesn't affect gameplay and just makes it so when people are in water it changes the way they look to make it look like they're actually swimming (I can't remember the name of the mod). But No-Cheat does NOT ban for no reason.
  3. Battlesong Platinum

XP:
    12,531xp
    Most of this looks great, but the one thing that bugs me is that Handyman isn't an in-game unlocked class like Scout or Miner. Having it automatically unlocked completely destroys the purpose of civilian (and really shows who the noobs are that don't know how to play if they're playing civilian, lol). I would've liked to see it locked behind something unique, such as a certain amount of nexus defense kills.
    EDIT: It seems that the stats are broken again; when you get the chance can you get around to fixing that? I really want healer :wink:
  4. luke1066 Regular Member

XP:
    16,819xp
    *it
    join game of anni on coastal
    derps around for a bit
    goes to mid
    dies 1shot by leather
    banned for hax
    how is this bannable? (a have appealed already, they denied.
  5. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp

Of course it does not require much skill to make iron armor. But usually after I'm getting str2 rushed and killed, I'm too lazy to go to the frikkin mine and get that stuff back.

Also what about enchanted armor and swords? Everything gone without a slight chance to prevent the death with skill.
    DemonicKai likes this.
  6. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    It sure as hell does DC for no reason.
    I'm just trying to understand what you mean by skill, because right now it makes no sense.
  7. oneAnonymouS Regular Member

XP:
    71,306xp
    Try with Blue stained glass blocks :wink:
  8. eternalmars Gold

XP:
    180,386xp
    "Packed ice"
    Its better
    SkeletonXF238 likes this.
  9. Noah Gold

XP:
    142,370xp
    If you get strength rushed, **strength rush them back**. Don't go through the (as you say) TONS of time required to make iron armor and enchant it when there's CLEARLY a better alternative. And I'm not saying your opinion about making enchanted stuff instead of potions is bad(I personally do both), but if you want to do that instead of potions, **don't complain about potions**. If you want to complain about them, USE them.

And enchanted armor and swords are fine, I would just balance out getting potions and enchants to be ready by phase5.

Really, what you have to consider is, what's the MOST effective way to attack the other team and win the game. If that means(which is what I do): mine 32 iron, enchant an iron pick with about 20 levels, use this (hopefully) efficiency3 pick to get gold and levels quickly, enchant bows/swords/armor with 20 or 30 levels, buy potion supplies, brew potions, give potions to friends/teammates with gear who are willing to follow you in a rush, win game.
    If more people did this sort of strategy, I think that eventually people would realize that they will need to "suit up" an elite team with both potions AND prot3-4. And then after people learn that strategy, other more effective ones WOULD evolve. All we need is players asking themselves "How can I help my team win in the shortest time possible?" and then the game would be able to evolve into something more than ""TONS of random leather bombers, a decent many iron guys, a few smart diamond+potion+enchanted guys who do basically all the work winning the game""

/end post/
    DemonicKai likes this.
  10. ThyExcellency Gold

XP:
    15,645xp
    Demonstration of owning with str and gapples :

(by me)
    Basically, GAPPLE rushes will be more common now that people wont be killing their nexus before phase 4.

Anyway, this was a good update.
    That handyman, plus someone to grab phase 2 invis splash pots, is op.
    You easily get 90+hp

succubus
    ˈsʌkjʊbəs/
    noun

1. a female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men.
    so.... MAYBE you could make it so that
    when people are lower than 50% of their hp
    (Sleeping Part)
    1)Succubus deals 50% more damage(if u want u can make it flat hearts or just percent.)
    2)Succubus deals half a heart of true damage with each strike
    As for the draining part, you can should not to add it or what but..
    you can make it instead of draining so that -
    Killing the enemy will grant you speed 2.
    OR simply just adjusting the cooldown.
    Instead of 120 seconds, make it so it has a 40 second cool down or something,
    coz between those 120 seconds, Succubus is just another Civilian.
    ----------
    Same thing with thor, and btw,
    maybe you can add the lightning enchantment to the bow thor uses.
    Name the bow "Hammer" and make it soulbound.. So that it will make it a skillshot instead. The hammer may only be used once every 30 seconds. PICKING UP the "hammer" ( basically the arrow left on the ground) will reduce the cooldown by 20 seconds.

TLDR handyman str&invis rushes op
    succubus & thor still useless for 120 seconds
    Im assuming that thor has 120 cooldown, i dont really know but yeah.
    and watch my video. :stuck_out_tongue:
  11. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    I actually gave up on that strategy becausen often it does not work.
    I have only defended as spy or I rushed with invis in the past weeks, because the tactic you said will not always work. Team griefers, people leaving the entrance to the mine open so rushers get in, constant leather rushing so you HAVE to protect the nexus or it'll blow up, early str2 rushing(thanks god not possible anymore), or a hacker. At the beginning I did that tactic over and over again, it has alot of flaws.
  12. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
  13. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
  14. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    1. Done
    2. It was more a joke :stuck_out_tongue:
    I know how to get xp
  15. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    bloodmage + hacker + most op ever
  16. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    Bow.
    BreekFout likes this.
  17. BreekFout Platinum

XP:
    23,064xp
    SkeletonXF238 likes this.
  18. Cocoduf Regular Member

XP:
    9,196xp
    I don't like those 3 new classes (though I didn't try them) but thank you for the update !
    The handyman & the new map look good.
  19. CVGTI Silver

XP:
    7,911xp
    This looks really great! I just wish I didn't have my exams in one week. :(
  20. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp
    Thor is actually a pretty nice class to play now, but the 2 minute cool-down kinda sucks. I think a 1 minute cool-down would be enough and people would actually use this class.
    Cocoduf, Murgatron and eternalmars like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.