1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Dead Minigames + Supporters List

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Sunken_Library, Apr 26, 2014.

Discussion - Dead Minigames + Supporters List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    ShotBow is great. A mass variety of game modes and of all sorts too. Though there is one major problem on ShotBow. The game modes itself.

Let me begin with the major game modes (includes previous major ones).
    - Smash
    - Annihilation
    - MineZ 2
    - HCF
    - Wasted

I don't even think that there's many in that list. These are the game modes that should of been abundantly growing (except for MineZ) but didn't and now is deserted and empty in state:
    - ShotBow Games
    - MineZ Guns
    - Flappy Chick
    - Light Bikes
    - Last Man Standing
    - Crafty Bomber
    - Minesweeper
    - ShotBow Slaughter
    - Hidden in Plain Sight (HIPS)
    - Crafting Mama
    - MineZ

Most of the game modes are dying or are already dead. People that want to try them out can't because most of them requires people and there's normally nobody. I always see Flappy Chick and Light Bikes empty. Always. And now recently, Crafting Mama, Hidden in Plain Sight, ShotBow Games, Crafty Bomber and Minesweeper. All the smaller game modes that took time to make are going nowhere. Even worse, MineZ Guns, LMS and ShotBow Slaughter is not even there.

MineZ Guns was removed for some 'love' about a full year ago and then you decided to make When In Rogue (which I have to say is always empty now). Last Man Standing was a huge failure after 2-3 weeks of re-release and after a few months, you decided to remove it for no apparent reason? Finally, ShotBow Slaughter is in the Arrow Arcade with NO SERVERS! What do you expect to get if you release something that doesn't even have a server? It's like handing out an iPhone Box without the actual iPhone in it. Heck, at least the box might be of some use instead of a game mode with no servers.

I suggest putting more updates and have more of a dedication to dying game modes before you release new game modes that might be empty in the future. The most recent game mode that has been remembered is Death By Void. Before that, it was Annihilation (pretty sure). How long ago was that? A long time ago...

ShotBow, please stop releasing game modes and start putting thought for the future over all your game modes. I rather have a small set of game modes with people filled rather than a lot with most of them empty. Think about it.

Last update for LMS? It's gone.
    Last update for Crafty Bomber? A long time ago. 110% empty.
    Last update for MineZ Guns? Not even released yet.
    Last update for Hidden in Plain Sight? Like never.
    Last update for the rest of the Arrow Arcade? Pretty much never.

After time to let it flow, Death by Void 2 is actually surviving. Not sure why but it's more popular in When In Rogue but that could be with the restrictions of Premium.

With only 1 update concerning a major game mode, it was barely an update either. All Ghostcraft got was a nerf to the Water Particles. Besides that, the EULA has obstructed with some things and I guess letting this slide might work for these times. Even then, When In Rogue did fail miserably after the first month or so. I guess opening it up to the public might be worth it because there is a lot of members who want to try it out.

Also, we can remove a few servers.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Ghostcraft can have 3 servers. Remove most of them because it's normally empty and it can fit about 150 people in 3 servers.
    Remove most of the ShotBow Games Servers. It's dead but keep about 4-5. More people in a game is more enjoyable.
    DBV 2 can have 1 server if it hasn't got one yet. Here are others that can have one if they don't have one:
    Flappy Chick
    Crafty Bomber
    Light Bikes
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Minesweeper
    MineZ can survive with 4 servers because of how little the game mode has become.

So not too many months back, When In Rogue (WiR) was released and it was been a big hit. Although, this is what happens when a new game mode comes out. As time progresses, the game died. The one way I can see it getting players is opening it up to everyone. I don't see any other way it could gain back the popularity it had when it was first released, or even near the amount.

Now with the release of MineZ 2, the original MineZ has been abandoned a lot more. Okay, MineZ 2 is actually successful and I congratulate you developers for making a game mode that didn't die out in the first month. Honestly though, you killed MineZ a lot more. Most veterans left for other games because of the hackers and booters (yeah. I got a warning last time I said THAT word). I guarantee you barely anyone left because of boredom but all the hackers you didn't stop led to the downfall of MineZ. So it was already dying. Although, implementing MineZ 2 wasn't a bad idea, people went straight to MineZ 2 and left MineZ. The only thing that people come on for now is for SS or YOLO Sunday. It's not populated as much as before and you can literally use 4 servers to hold everyone together. You didn't stop the hackers because you were too busy on MineZ 2. It could of been released at a later date but it didn't happen. No time was taken to help MineZ and its downfall is coming a lot faster than even I could predict.

Finally, MineZ Guns/GunZ. Stop working on other game modes and fix GunZ will you? I mean, it was first released last year and then it closed down. It's been nearly a year (or even past a year) and you probably haven't touched it once since then.

You get all these bug reports and yes, there were many so you had to stop it. Though if you worked hard on it, you might of gotten somewhere. Instead, you were too busy doing new things and small minigames that are now pretty much dead.

I know you Developers work hard and time is hard to come by but seriously, you have time to release all these new game modes but not even enough time to push regular updates for the community so we can enjoy the variety of game modes you provide us? Come on now.

Even then, try fix the NoCheat a bit. Annihilation, MineZ and DBV 2 are desperate in a fix currently so why don't do that? I know it can be time consuming and working on one thing gets really boring but why not try do a bit of things here and there so when you say that big things will come out, it's true and not a delayed thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now I have posted this same topic before but I feel like it needs to be added here as well. ShotBow has such a big problem with community interaction. Most of the main staff members are not even part of the damn community! There are only a select few staff members that are seen to be active and try bond with the community.

When the community struggles, you know you're struggling too. When you guys struggle, the community struggles with you. We go through tough times together but that isn't the case when we have no bloody clue what the hell is happening. Successful communities and servers are only like that because the staff are actually involved with us. Mumble is barely any of the members so that's hardly an excuse to say you're bonding with the community.

You know what else isn't 'bonding'? Just getting online and talking to a couple of people. My view is that every staff member should try get to know the community on the FORUMS. We all hang around here. We can see what you post and what you do and see how active you are. Reach out to the community a bit more. Just do something to let us know you're trying to spend time with your 'beloved' community.

Now I can't stress this enough but with the removal of SBG, it won't be the last thing getting removed. In fact, at this rate of only updating MineZ 2 and Annihilation, nothing will be full. You might as well disband ShotBow and just make Annihilation and MineZ 2 separate game modes because that's all you guys seem to care about.

Where is the love for Ghostcraft? What about When in Rogue? Wasted has been buried for ages and all you need to do is pull that nail out of the coffin and open it up and bring back life with something new. You guys are changing too much and too quickly too. People want to be engaged in something for a while and when they do, that's when they get bored and that's your wake-up call to do something. That's how you keep a game mode alive.

If you can't keep up with the updates you need for a game mode, then I suggest not even making one in the first place. Keeping the game modes alive should be your first priority and not just having multiple game modes that are dead within a fortnight.

I'm not sure how long this post can go but this will get a lot longer if nothing is done. Also, don't get this server into the coffin completely because it's really close to that point.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read all of this, thanks, and if you didn't, I suggest you read it.

Now I hope you guys see how bad this is because I know I'm not the only one.
    Just like camo3333's Wasted thread, I want a list of supporters to see who will actually support this as the Developers should do stuff.

Now the list is growing bigger, but at a slower pace. If it reaches 100, I'll be happy and surprised because I can't thank the push of the community that's behind this thread.

Please, just please, think of this as a petition in a way.

P.S: If you decide to support it, please have an "I Support" or something to the likes at the end of your reply.

EDIT: As lazertester responded with this not being a list of suggestions, if you have ANY suggestions you would like to make, please post them and I will edit them ALL in to this post here. You will be credited and it seems like the best way to put suggestions into one post. Thanks in advance.

Suggestions:
    List of Supporters:
    _xFLAMEBOWMANx_
    06zacmas
    123Joshua321
    157C
    1chickenr
    AceOfTheStomps
    agent19
    Agent_PvP
    AkatoshKnight
    alan1099
    AlecBlaze
    alexandert130
    Alexboy132
    Alzi102
    AndItsWolf
    Andrew_64_MC
    Arsenal951
    AwesomeMas
    BananaHurricane
    blockhead1110
    boakwa11
    Bojboj7_Beb
    boogaert
    Braiti
    BrendanBD12
    bulder56128053
    BurningFirePro
    ccook525
    charman305
    Chrnan6710
    Computer_M
    conflicttFTW
    Conner526
    Creative_DaleK
    creeperingreen
    crono23
    DaFunkPvP
    darien1215
    Dark_Ace_Rebel
    darknightmare77
    DarkThrillernite
    demon_peanut
    devan10100
    diamond1
    DJ_smiley:lmao:
    dmminecraft1
    Eater_of_Cake
    eban10
    ETforever
    EvergreenManor
    EvilBunnyRabbit
    Eviljohan
    ExpertDash
    FabulousUnicornX
    FireGuyNL
    Flakit5Fire
    game_ranger
    GibbleHD
    GopherAsassain
    Grammar_Nazism
    IllusionHawk
    Incredible_PvP
    Ivandagiant
    jaka100
    JDE03
    Jedi_man
    jedi91011
    Jerrybibo
    JesusCrusty
    Jman233
    jojou114
    jorgexchris
    josrr
    jrbarsinister
    jusieflusie
    K3YD0N
    kilqax
    kirby2502
    kjean07
    knightofthedark
    Lawnmower1988
    LegendMaster101
    lordofroosters
    LucasTheMovie
    luke1066
    marco_polo24
    mcp123123
    MegaPlaylist64
    MeMyselfAndCube
    michaelq
    MidnightStriker5
    MikeGamesHD
    mistriman
    MOAB4leader
    mynameisbob456
    neohugh
    Niel28
    NikkoTheNeko
    nininiggli
    ninja9351
    NRGFusion
    nurmenukk23
    o_TeKnoLoGy_o
    octodroid
    OneZedArmy
    Orangechrisy7
    oshawott027
    oxpoweryea
    pacfan496
    Patwhit01
    pichu_rules (via in-game)
    piethingey
    pindaflippy
    Pman019
    pokepeople01
    ppapa2000
    Pur123Ful
    PurpleObsidian
    Qantas737pilot
    raiderexshine
    RajaDavid
    redlasereye
    RedneckGamer902
    redtao
    RegentRaven
    Reillyrox13
    Ripdog1
    Rixhack
    Robbamatic
    Sam_F_Da_B0ss
    SimpleMinder
    SimpleToms
    smartfeller42
    SnowblindGhost
    Snowingfate657
    Spiiriitless
    Sternenforscher
    StoneMoney
    stompyfeet
    Sunken_Library
    Superbob1000
    superdoops33
    sychoryan
    tank414
    TarnishedSteel
    Temido2222
    TheFlurp
    TheMinecrafter_2
    ThemRandomNinjaz
    ThePiekingz
    thomlen
    time_lord_kronus
    timmy9239
    tourney_man
    TreyTehRedstoner
    Trozza66
    Unicycle43
    vampire_toothy
    Wilddoomcall
    wiltoped123
    Wunderpus
    wxwsk8er
    Zack_123
    zang69
    Zentz01

Total: 165

2. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    I like that Shotbow frequently adds new game modes as it gives me new things to try out. Plus, they're only mini-games... they don't necessarily need to be extremely engaging, and there isn't much for developers to add to them besides extra perks.

The main games, the ones players pay the most attention to, are probably the main focus for developers due to the fact that that's what users come online for. There's a higher demand for them, so that's what developers do a lot of work on. Besides, games like MineZ and Annihilation and complex, meaning that there's a lot of different things for players (and admins) to do in regards to them. The more complex the game is, the more working on it it'll need. That's my prediction, at least.
  3. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

Meaning you support or not?
    SnowblindGhost and wiltoped123 like this.
  4. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    I think shotbow should get rid of the dead game modes.
    K3YD0N and Dubehh like this.
  5. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    Edited the main post a bit so if you support, add something to show that you actually support it.
    SnowblindGhost likes this.
  6. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Well, there are some things I disagree with. Putting myself on the list would say I support everything, so go ahead and keep me off
    Glitchyy likes this.
  7. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    You are one of those people who really need to shut your mouth before trying to start a huge wave of insults against you and possibly your family. Please, if Shotbow had to get rid of gamemodes, more than half of it would be removed.

Back to the thread, i need to say we had to wait long enough. Shotbow added a new minigame like a king would give food to poor people. They see people are getting angry, and this may cause riots, then they try to give us something good so we shut up for some time. We were talking about dead gamemodes, DBV 2 and MMM appeared, then we kept talking, they gave us Hidden In Plain Sight. Im not going to wait for them to give us more minigames while the others die. Im pretty sure Shotbow isnt such a kind of server. However, they need to pay attention, i got a bit interested on other server and it has some active staff, but Shotbow just delays everything as we slowly get angrier.
    LostMindz and Alexboy132 like this.
  8. MangoSmoothies Emerald

XP:
    489,769xp
  9. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    First off, I'm allowed to say my opinion on what the shotbow staff should do in. I'm not going to shut my mouth because you dislike my opinion.

Second, mini games like flappy chick arent gonna stay forever. Flappy bird, the app, was removed from the AppStore and nearly all of its copies have died out. That's what happened to flappy chick. Shotbow shouldn't use their time trying to fix an already dead game, when they can fix more. The less games on shotbow, the more stuff the admins and devs can do.
  10. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Okay, Flappy Chick can be removed, it was screwed over already, but i dont want staff removing games like LMS, SBG and Wasted just to give more attention to another gamemodes.
  11. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Yah I wasn't meaning the bigger games like wasted and LMS. I was talking more about the arrow arcade mini games but all of them seem to have a decent amount of players besides flappy chick with 0.
    Agent_PvP likes this.
  12. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Just want to say again that LightBikes and Flappy Chick were one-off little mini-projects that were never intended to be significant, maybe.
  13. the_schmoka Regular Member

XP:
    17,994xp
    Then they wasted they time with that. Even if they coded that in 5 minutes, that would be 5 more minutes for another game. But whatever. Im really done with it. Also i believe that thread will be not for long be open, like the other thread, people complaining, staff is insulting and thread get deleted. If that is the way to get more/new players, then good luck.
  14. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Nope. If it got opened to the public it'd get 10, 20, maybe 30 people on for a day or two, and then be empty again.
    TheMinecrafter_2 likes this.
  15. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    support?
    Agent40 likes this.
  16. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    You do know that the devs have lives, right? LightBikes was done by lazer in 48 hours. What can you do in 48 hours? Nothing remotely close, I'll bet. Even Saunders, who made Shotbow's arguably largest gamemode, has to take a few months off for school. 5 minutes used on something you don't care for? Insignificant.
  17. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    I support, but DVB in Ghostcraft aren't dead..
  18. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

DBV isn't too dead but it's half dead and I know it's going to be dead sooner or later.
    Ghostcraft is dead though. I've seen about half the servers clearly empty and only one with more than 30 people during peak times.
    mcp123123 likes this.
  19. Luigigames Silver

XP:
    6,717xp
    why not get more devs so they can all work on different things at once?

support.
  20. the_schmoka Regular Member

XP:
    17,994xp
    What i can do i 48 hours doesnt matter, im not head developer from a huge minigame server. I also stated that in another thread out, i know that the devs have a life, but they have decided to make all those game, if you make games, you have to maintain those, its that simple. They wanna get more player what i understand, that the way money comes in to pay the server bills. But you also need to keep the older player base, because the range of minigames servers are huge.

If you have more and more games, you need to maintain all those games not only a few. I did care a lot, thats why i still post on the forum but if nothing happens, well i move on and play other games or do other things in my life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.