1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide How to successfully fight a Giant - MineZ Tips

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by TARDIScrew, Oct 28, 2013.

Guide - How to successfully fight a Giant - MineZ Tips
  1. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    MineZ GIANT Giant Guide

If you are considering fighting a giant, here's some tips:

Feel free to comment below with anything you think I have missed. I'll add it!

PRO-TIP: It is recommended that you get reasonable gear (iron sword, full chain or full iron armour) BEFORE you try to kill that giant. It'll be a lot easier and you won't use up as many of those health pots!

PRO-TIP 2: Bringing feather falling boots (and a friend) to the fight is not necessary, but a really, REALLY good idea.

*When hitting the giant, don't spam-click! All this does is waste the durability on your sword and increases the chance for a pigman to spawn. Hit the giant once every 2-3 seconds.

*Giants have 100 hearts of health. This means, if you fight it correctly and don't spam click, a half-durability iron sword will do the trick.

*Arrows, ender pearls and any other kind of projectile has no effect in the giant. Smite enchantments also have no effect, so save your smite 3 sword for those ankle-biters.

*Bring lots of health potions to your fight. Instant Heath potions can mean the difference between life and death. Also, when fighting with friends, try to get splash potions and heal everyone with one pot!

*When the giant stomps, block your sword. It reduces the damage you take from the explosions. Also remember to SHIFT, as it prevents you from flying away when it stomps.

*An alternative to shifting and blocking when the giant stomps is run away when you see the giant fly up into the air, because the damage you take from the stomp depends on how close you are to the giant.

*Always keep your range! If you are inside the giant and it stomps, you'll go flying! But don't go too far away, or else the giant will despawn.

*As well as taking damage when the giant stomps, you'll also be inflicted with Slowness II for 3-4 seconds. Keep that in mind. The way that the 'stomps' have been coded is basically a disembodied explosion entity, which means leather and chain armour will take durability and iron will not - AND still protect you.

*Use AT LEAST an iron sword to kill the giant. It is not recommended you try to slay a giant with anything less than an iron sword.

*23 Critical hits with an iron sword will kill a giant...count dem hits!!

*When the giant starts to stomp randomly, you know then that it has low health. Only a few more hits until that dsword could be yours!

*A giant doesn't always drop a diamond sword, however it will almost always drop an infinity bow, and sometimes golden apples.

*The only guaranteed drop from a giant is rotten flesh...and lots of it. Therefore, it is a good source of food and it is a good idea to bring 2-3 buckets if milk, so you can relieve yourself of that horrible hunger.

*Green dye DOES NOT work for removing hunger from eating zombie flesh.

*Al Hasa is a good place to stock up on Splash IIs and golden apples. If you are running low, Al Hasa is a short walk to the east of Giants Camp.

*Fight a giant on an empty server...that way you have less chance of meeting any players around who could be out to steal your dsword or infinity bow.

*Keep an eye in your food bar. Remember the nearest place to get food is Abandoned Farm, or Gnome Island if you're not prepared to deal with server hoppers. Al Hasa DOES NOT have food chests.

*DON'T fight the giant in leather armour. You WILL die.

*A good place to fight the giant is Al Hasa, bring it to the entrance, climb onto the bridge and attack it from there. The zombies won't get to you very quickly, because they have to run all the way through Hasa, up the stairs at the back and around the city on top of the walls. Also, as zombie pigmen are 'dumb', they won't trouble you. Just be aware of other players.

*Golden apples can be used to absorb the impact of the giants stomp: eat it after the first stomp, then the regeneration buff will heal you and the absorption effect will protect you from two more stomps.

Well, that's all I have for now, if you see anything I've missed, feel free to comment below and I'll add it in. :D

Hungry for more MineZ Tips and tricks? Go and check out Hellomynameis99s' thread
    Here -----> http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/87757/

2. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    Wow, really nice guide!
  3. FearedKiller Gold

XP:
    41,821xp
    You've said " until that dsword is yours " but, not every time you kill a giant it gives dswords as loot, sometimes you just get rotten flesh, but other then that, great guide!
  4. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    Well, I am assuming that it will drop, but I'll change it to 'until a dsword COULD be yours!'

Thanks for the suggestion!
  5. FearedKiller Gold

XP:
    41,821xp
    Also, block-crouching helps alot, stops you from flying away.
  6. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    I'll add it in!
  7. FearedKiller Gold

XP:
    41,821xp
    Nice one :) Great post btw, should be stickied.
  8. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    Thanks man! Always appreciated!
  9. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
  10. l4downs2 Silver

XP:
    76,839xp
    Great guide.

Though i prefer to kill giants at giants spawn the method you guys showed me is great aswell.
  11. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    Why thankyou!

Hoping to play some more MineZ soon!!
  12. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    I think of it as making use of the local resources! :stuck_out_tongue:
  13. l4downs2 Silver

XP:
    76,839xp
    I'm looking forward to it :)
  14. Beast2x Emerald

XP:
    31,806xp
    Blocking the giant's stomp does not reduce damage. Neither does wearing armor. I have tested this time and time again. Damage from the giant's stomp depends on only the distance between you and the giant. That is it. This is why people can solo giants without armor pretty easily. So the best solution is when you see the giant jump up to stomp, start sprinting away.

However, the giant's kick is affected by armor and blocking.

Another thing: spam hitting is actually not that bad if you are prepared to face zombies. The giant doesn't seem to jump often if you spam hit. I have watched people hit it three to five times in a row without it stomping.

And finally: jump critical the giant. What does that mean? It means jump and hit the giant on the way down so that you score a critical hit (which means more damage). This is known as jump criting and is the best way to fight it.

Awesome guide man! Good job :D
    brandonsuter likes this.
  15. FearedKiller Gold

XP:
    41,821xp
    Wow, I never knew the giant's stomp wasn't affected by armor, interesting.
  16. kaiomann Gold

XP:
    63,790xp
    Nice, I didn't know that shifting works against stomps. If only I would have known this earlier...

And I have another tip: Always keep your range! If you are inside the giant and he stomps, you'll go flying! (Happened to me, flew like halfway out of the canyon)
  17. Beast2x Emerald

XP:
    31,806xp
    The only reason it is possible to fight a giant without armor :wink:
  18. FearedKiller Gold

XP:
    41,821xp
    Only problem with that is, if the giant kicks you without armor, it's over.
  19. Beast2x Emerald

XP:
    31,806xp
    Yep, it's a good six to eight hearts at least. Which just makes it more exciting :D
  20. l4downs2 Silver

XP:
    76,839xp
    Which is why i like to kill them at the giant's spawn.

It has so much more room to run away from the stomp.