1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other 100.000 Shotbow XP giveaway

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by svdragster, Feb 6, 2014.

Other - 100.000 Shotbow XP giveaway | Page 2
  1. gogbe Regular Member

XP:
    41,765xp
    It was a dark and stormy annihilation match. Our team had flooded our main base. It was just us and another team. We were both over guarding our nexuses. I said to my friend this is getting boring he could barely hear me cause our whole frecking base was underwater. We decided to end it we got STR 2 pots and just went all YOLO. We charged in murdered everything in our path and won the game. And the chat was all like FINALLY. (cause the game lasted bout' 2 hours and everyone quit.)
    Leocles likes this.

2. simonbarsinister Regular Member

XP:
    7,895xp
    Is this for 100xp or 100,000 xp?
  3. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    one hundred thousand
  4. DeadlyCircus Platinum

XP:
    7,606xp
    It was the end of phase 4. Green and red had fallen. There was almost 2 1/2 blue for everyone of us. We knew that they were coming.

They hit us hard, and quick, leaving us with 1 the health of our nexus. I had died at least 3 times in that initial rush. Me and at least 7 team mates sat in the Nexus room, waiting for the inevitable. (Keep in mind we had 18 in total). I switched to spy, and asked if anyone had any armour.

I was expecting the usual silence that I always get when I die defending, but received the exact opposite. Iron armour rained from my team mates inventories, and by the time the sharing was finished I had a full protection 1 set, and a Flame 2 Sharpness 1 Sword.

I crouched at the second landing of the stairs to the nexus, acting as the first line of defense, and vanished. My team mates took up positions at the next landing, and all around the nexus.

We began to hear the warnings of a greater power coming our way, a blue in full diamond, with str. 2. Then we saw the kill feed, as our comrades who weren't inside fell beneath his god sword. He charged down the nexus stairs, obliterating leathers in his way. He made one mistake, he ran right past me. I hit him in the back one-two-three times before he could turn, and as he began to focus on me, another yellow destroyed him from behind.

Heavily wounded, I expected to get nothing from the kill, as I hadn't struck the decisive blow; however, the team member who did instantly began to share with all. Everyone got either better, or their own, armor back.
    Then news of a tp was given, and we settled back into defensive mode. At this point the game had taken 2 1/2 hours, and there was talk of, "Going to the bathroom." or "Eating dinner." We help strong though, with most of our numbers intact.

Wave after wave came down, crumbling our defenses with every rush, when we saw something beautiful begin to happen. On our screen there was a kill streak, but the opposite of what we had become accustomed to. Then they began to take damage, and finally they lost.
    "GG"'s were called, and friends were made. We left the game with smiles on our avatars, and pride behind out chest plates.

Blue's goodbye was far less eloquent, a couple of, "U guys are hax0rs", "Nice reach Deadly, were can I download" or the ever classy "Uguyz hax, go die."
    Leocles likes this.
  5. DeadlyCircus Platinum

XP:
    7,606xp
    Also going to post it on the website, sorry that I didn't catch that in the op.

Edit* Can't fit my story, so I'll just leave it where it is.
  6. Andy0132 Regular Member

XP:
    39,110xp
    'Twas a sunny afternoon in Andorra. Me and a friend were building walls. We than died on a assault on mid, only to respawn to the cries of GG! GG! We had won a perfect game!
    Moral of the story:
    Walls provide support, placebo, and aesthetics
    Leocles likes this.
  7. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    Quote from textfile:
    Seems legit :D
  8. MacWasPvp Platinum

XP:
    206,412xp
    I made an iron mine with auto-smelters going into the chests, I started when everyone got out of the iron mine and going into the end of the game. I got a lot of iron for the team, although I checked the chest after our team died and there was 1 1/2 stacks of smelted iron in it. :3
  9. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp
    edit: too offensive...removed
    Leocles likes this.
  10. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    I had taken a break from a long game of annihilation and gotten some of my homework done. I came back and found out that our team was getting rushed. (I had also died whilst AFK, losing my sharp III iron). Our nexus was at 4 health when I got down there, and because my teammates had already weakened the rusher, I managed to kill him with a few hits. The dude dropped 2 god apples and 2 strength potions. (I assume he used one of each for his rush and was planing to save the rest).

Let's just say I did some farming with it, in which I killed the same person 6-7 times in a row because he kept respawning in the same spot. Yeah, I got a lot of reactions from the chat : D I also helped our team stop another rush. But this story isn't about helping the team, right?

Blue had been controlling mid all game, and they had about 8 people down in the diamond mine. I knew what I had to do. Preparing my last gapple and str2, I rushed down. Let's just say I had waaaaaaay too much diamond armor.

Honestly those kinds of games are the best.
    Leocles likes this.
  11. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    - I can't submit anything because my Security thingy ma bob says it can transfer malicious software.
  12. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    That's probably because slyip can be used for anything, also for malicious stuff. But my website has no malicious content.
  13. xAzkarel Regular Member

XP:
    10,104xp
    It was a cold day. The game lasted more than 4 phases.
    Leocles likes this.
  14. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    Congratulations Bukkitman32, the 100.000 Shotbow XP are yours :stuck_out_tongue: I sent you a pm, so answer me there please.

Now to the stories:
    Sadly there were only a few good ones submitted, just enough to fill the 5 places. I asked my friends and we voted and talked and talked even more and came to this list:
    ----------------
    1. MachoSwagBucket: (WINS 100.000 XP)
    I was Spy in Andorra mid. I had been running around killing leathers, and my Sword had broken. I was currently invisible on top of the Colosseum, and my team mates were down below mining diamonds.
    A random full diamond enemy runs up and starts sniping my team with his Flame bow, killing some. I had no weapon, and figured a fist wouldn't knock him over the edge. Noting an egg in my inventory, I
    lobbed it at him in a desperate attempt to dislodge his position. He fell, dying and donating his gear to my team. I watched as a chick gently floated down from the place he had died.

----------------
    2. jrbarsinister: (WINS 25.000 XP)
    I was red. I was always red. Even though red started going downhill and losing all the time, I wasn't going to give up. I wanted to make red win. However, since red kept losing, not many others joined it. They didn't want to be on "the losing team," and so red's numbers were lower than other teams, therefore causing it to lose even more and become known as "the losing team." Red was an easy target and Blue took advantage of that. Soon after the game had started, Blues swarmed one of our towers. They took it over, had archers shooting at us, and players with swords defending our tower which they had taken for their own. They soon made their way across the bridge, braking it behind them, to our Nexus tower. I immediately ran down to defend the Nexus with a few other of my teammates. Above, they had broken both bridges that led to our Nexus tower, and they had bow-men on top of our tower, and swords-men around it. No one could get in. The few of us who had come down to save our Nexus cowered, hopeless we could stop them, wondering what would happen when they came down, and waiting. Just waiting, our fear shared as one. Soon they started sending people down into the Nexus. It was a bloodbath down there. There weren't enough of us and we were overpowered by these blues. When I was killed, having been hungry before, I tried to get some food for the players
    trapped inside, before trying to get down there, the sound of the breaking Nexus and the panic and rush spurring me on. The food source was guarded too. The blues had gone over, making sure there was no possible way we could stop them, roping off anything that could help us in any slight way. They had taken over our base, and were going to slaughter us like pigs. I was killed but that time when I re-spawned I did not delay. I ran straight into the Nexus tower, dodging the guards around it. I was surprised by my luck of making it it, but when I got down there I didn't feel very lucky. The fight was lost, you could see that plainly. I was killed again down there, and the next time when I tried to get down again I was killed by the blue guards. When our Nexus broke, they left, we killed a few with good stuff
    down in the Nexus room, but many of us had been eliminated while all they lost were their stuff. But when they left, they left us. Our game was up. But there was one last thing we could do. Take revenge. When a player told everyone to regroup in the Nexus room, we all rushed down there. We handed out items. Everyone had stuff. Then we went. We invaded the Blue's base as one, all sharing
    one thought: To destroy our destroyers. What followed was madness like what had happened in our base. I am prideful to say, my team fought well, got in there, caused havoc among the blues, and died valiantly, knowing even after we had been crushed down, we had kept fighting. Even if we didn't "officially" win the game, it felt like a victory to me. And to my team. The dead were victorious.
    ----------------
    3. DeadlyCircus:
    It was the end of phase 4. Green and red had fallen. There was almost 2 1/2 blue for everyone of us. We knew that they were coming.
    They hit us hard, and quick, leaving us with 1 the health of our nexus. I had died at least 3 times in that initial rush. Me and at least 7 team mates sat in the Nexus room, waiting for the inevitable. (Keep in mind we had 18 in total). I switched to spy, and asked if anyone had any armour.
    I was expecting the usual silence that I always get when I die defending, but received the exact opposite. Iron armour rained from my team mates inventories, and by the time the sharing was finished I had a full protection 1 set, and a Flame 2 Sharpness 1 Sword.
    I crouched at the second landing of the stairs to the nexus, acting as the first line of defense, and vanished. My team mates took up positions at the next landing, and all around the nexus.
    We began to hear the warnings of a greater power coming our way, a blue in full diamond, with str. 2. Then we saw the kill feed, as our comrades who weren't inside fell beneath his god sword. He
    charged down the nexus stairs, obliterating leathers in his way. He made one mistake, he ran right past me. I hit him in the back one-two-three times before he could turn, and as he began to focus on me, another yellow destroyed him from behind.
    Heavily wounded, I expected to get nothing from the kill, as I hadn't struck the decisive blow; however, the team member who did instantly began to share with all. Everyone got either better, or their own, armor back.
    Then news of a tp was given, and we settled back into defensive mode. At this point the game had taken 2 1/2 hours, and there was talk of, "Going to the bathroom." or "Eating dinner." We help strong
    though, with most of our numbers intact. Wave after wave came down, crumbling our defenses with every rush, when we saw something beautiful begin to happen. On our screen there was a kill streak, but the opposite of what we had become accustomed to. Then they began to take damage, and finally they lost.
    "GG"'s were called, and friends were made. We left the game with smiles on our avatars, and pride behind out chest plates.
    Blue's goodbye was far less eloquent, a couple of, "U guys are hax0rs", "Nice reach Deadly, were can I download" or the ever classy "Uguyz hax, go die."
    ----------------
    4. simonbarsinister: (The most true story ever)
    I had never played an Anni game where the team I was on had worked together. Mostly, when I played teammates would steal my stuff and close me into mines with blocks that I didn't have a tool to break with. It was annoying to say the least, and I couldn't understand (and still can't) why the teams don't just work together. You would think that they had more chance of winning that way. So anyway,
    I got on one time and I said "Everyone get together to get ready for an attack!" I didn't expect anyone to pay me any attention since no one usually did, but to my surprise a whole bunch of people came over and asked me what we should do. I wasn't very experienced in Anni tactics, so I said attack and we charged. We all died, but we brought a whole lot of blues down with us. When we re-spawned,
    everyone gathered again and asked me what to do. One guy even gave me full iron and a bow. On my next attack, I was more careful and had two groups attack on different sides. A lot of us got into the nexus and banged out about 30 hits before we were killed. Soon after that I had to stop playing because I had other arrangement, but I left my team in the lead. Because of me my team was
    winning. It felt pretty darn good. I only wish I had been there to see it end.
    ----------------
    5. RAHgamers1:
    There once was a boy named RAH. He was very excited to get scout. He bungee jumped like there was no tomorrow. He died.
    The End!
    ----------------
  15. xAzkarel Regular Member

XP:
    10,104xp
    My history was more dramatical.
  16. simonbarsinister Regular Member

XP:
    7,895xp
    Congrats to the winners!
  17. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    Thank you!!!! Yay!!!! And congrats!
    MachoSwagBucket, I love your one, you deserve this!

Thought I'd let everyone know, I just bought iceman with my new xp!
    MachoSwagBucket likes this.
  18. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Thank you so much for this giveaway :heart:
    I really enjoyed reading peoples stories, and it's a pity that more weren't submitted!
  19. LightswornKing Regular Member

XP:
    116,537xp
    Me and my friend set up a base atmid blocked the other teams entraces and farmed diamonds for our hole team. Almost all of us had d swords and a chestplate. then we rushed. it was the best.
  20. Andy0132 Regular Member

XP:
    39,110xp
    Congrats to the winners! :( me lose