1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion 1.9 Shields

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by FEDPOL1, Apr 8, 2018.

Suggestion - 1.9 Shields
  1. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    Emulating 1.8 sword blocking with a shield is pointless when the shield is a separate item and you have full control of the offhand slot. My proposal is to update shields with the 1.9 stats and mechanics.

This would introduce a counter to ranged combat since projectiles would deal no damage nor knockback. Shields would still have melee counters such as attacking from behind or disabling them with an axe. They also break quite fast, so you could also brute force your way through.

It would also be neat if there were some way to obtain axes with the 1.9 stats (high damage + high attack cooldown) while still keeping the current axes (Lumberjack would be near useless with the 1.9 axes)

2. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    When 1.9 was launched on Shotbow there were a lot of beta test for the community to know their opinions. People liked emulated 1.7-1.8 upon 1.9+ gameplay.
  3. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    It's evident people don't like the current shield mechanics since most people don't use them. The 1.9 shields (in my opinion) have no downsides compared to 1.8 blocking; they block more damage overall and only work for attacks coming from your facing direction. Most of the time, you'd be facing the person attacking you.

The gamemode went 1.9 with the offhand slot and the shield takes up a slot anyways, so why not go full 1.9 with the shield?
  4. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    I believe shields should be unbreakable, to be like the old 1.8 block. When you blocked with a sword in 1.8 it would not take any durability off of it, so why should it change with shields, if they function exactly the same?
  5. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    Thats a good point.
  6. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Haha, 1.9. shields were one of the main reasons the community was against the 1.9 update. They are bulky and take up half your screen not very many people use them in the first place. Giving the people who want strong 1.9. shields would pose a major debate over the overall pvp of the game not to mention change the game mechanics. I would love to see a counter to bows just not this one. The way they are now seem fairly fair. Most people find another way to use the off hand anyways.