1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Call of Duty Zombies in Minecraft (Shotbow)

Discussion in 'The Network' started by weresdrim, Apr 20, 2013.

Suggestion - Call of Duty Zombies in Minecraft (Shotbow)
  1. weresdrim Gold

XP:
    2,903xp
    I was thinking, seeing as shotbow already has Wasted and MineZ, why not create maps of Call of Duty zombies into Minecraft. I'm not much of a fan of the entire COD franchise but one thing I love about it is the zombies. I doubt recreating this map in a playable fashion wouldn't be too hard.

Here are the points of why it wouldn't be hard (Based on the map Kino der Toten):
    • Building the map wouldn't be hard
    • Gun code is already present
    • Zombie code is already present
    • Gaining money on zombie kill is present (in the way of XP)
    • Opening doors with money wouldn't be hard (I don't think)
    • Making a chest that gives a random gun with the use of money wouldn't be hard
    • Making a teleporter would be SUPER easy.
    • Match making and lobbies is pretty much their (just needs to be customised to fit here)
    • Making the zombies go up in difficulty wouldn't be hard (I don't think)
    • Making Hell-hound rounds would be easy (Agressive wolves on fire that are immune to fire damage)
    • Max ammo, Nuke, Carpenter etc. could be in the way of item drops
    • Perk Machines would be something that is right-clicked, a bottle comes out at the cost of money.
    • Pack-a-Punch Upgrades could be done with hoppers and chests or code or something.
    I'm failing to see how this wouldn't be possible in the Shotbow network. I'd like to see this come into action, I hope you do to!
    I'd like to hear what you think, comment if you like.

2. lolboatz Gold

XP:
    44,670xp
    You're correct, It'd probably be really fun to play zombies like this. You'd need a certain system to keep people from joining servers in the middle of a game and such.
    SamOlver likes this.
  3. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    I have been wanting a wave mode such as All Trolls Must Die for a while now. Something like this would be awesome, especially if it is coded well. I always LOVED COD zombies, and I really miss playing with my friends. It was definitely something that I lost sleep on.
    All my support.
    SamOlver and MrUNSC like this.
  4. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    I'm all in with this, it would really spice things up.
    SamOlver likes this.
  5. Chayne Platinum

XP:
    57,994xp
    One thing I'd see as a problem would be how Zombies break down windows/walls to get through...
  6. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    iron doors as doors you buy.
    Glass/Wooden doors for them to break. all breakable doors can be repaired with a button you press above. while repairing you must stay immobile or itll cancel.
    c:
  7. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    Or lazer could make the windows 1 high anvils that are damaged, and repairing it makes the anvil less damaged. When zombies break it, the anvil disappears at the anvils breaking.
    One hit of a button could have a 50% chance of repairing the anvil up one damage value. So from gone to one from gone, and so on.
    Squirr3ly likes this.
  8. Chayne Platinum

XP:
    57,994xp
    Well, zombies can already break down doors, so, windows could be just the top half of a door in a 2x1 doorway, so players can still shoot out to kill the zombies and be hit by the zombies if they're too close.

The damage could be repaired by right or left clicking on the door with a certain item, perhaps an iron ingot re-textured to be a wrench or hammer.
  9. LukeD1994 Platinum

XP:
    11,777xp
    I love the sound of this. I made a similar thing in a private server once but less plugins for it.

Like you said most of the code is already there, so it would be pretty easy :)

I think it should be carefully linked to XP though, xp per zombie kill would be too easy to farm so here are my thoughts to add to the idea:

• +100xp per each wave survived (or 50XP if you get downed during the game, but survive the round)
    • +10xp for each survivor helped up (when they get downed)
    • -10xp if you get downed [See *1]
    • -10xp if you die [See *2]
    • -50xp for betraying a teammate (because you don't deserve points)
    • -200xp for special gun crate used (you always had to save up in CoD, so you should here)
    • -20xp for using an ammo refill (item frame with a particular gun on it, or a sign)
    *1 If you get downed, you are a liability for your teammates, it makes it harder for them to fight zombies AND rescue you, so you should be punished)
    *2 Has to be a negative for dying, you're meant to survive, and you're making it harder for teammates

Players:
    All start with 0xp in the game (your actual shotbow xp is not included)
    Each xp point earned in the game goes ontop of the starting 0xp, negative xp points are deducted.
    At the end of each game (all survivors die) the xp amount you have is added to your shotbow xp
    Each player starts with the p30 pistol, must buy extra ammo or guns from the signs

Rounds:
    Each round would be increasingly difficult (including a dogs round every now and then)
    Each round would last approximately 10 minutes (unless you really sucked) to compensate for the xp amounts
    Doors:
    Costs to open should vary, they should be double iron doors with gold blocks around them (to identify openable doors)

Zombies entrances:
    Iron bars in a 2x2 (4 squares), must break all 4 squares to enter.
    Holding a certain key next to the entrance will repair it 1 square at a time (same rate the zombies break them)
    lolboatz and Chayne_ like this.
  10. Deditio Platinum

XP:
    56,553xp
    I want this. Naw. #Support
  11. Chayne Platinum

XP:
    57,994xp
    Perhaps, when becoming downed, the player could fall to the ground, or go to 'sleep' and being hit with a certain item, perhaps a syringe, and if the healer doesn't move (Similar to /logout in MineZ) they get up after a few seconds.
    jugularvein123 likes this.
  12. blackbite10 Guest

XP:
    xp
    if its not using shotbow xp then whats the harm in getting at least 1 xp per zombie kill?
  13. Jitter4Ban Emerald

XP:
    113,467xp
    Getting XP in MineZ is already easy enough. 1XP does sound like a good number.
  14. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    My FULL support. Oh my god, COD zombies was my ish back in world at war
  15. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    But then a repair would only repair the window to 100%. You can't break something backwards with a zombie.
    It could always be progressive bar things, like netherbrick fence to stone fence, to iron bars, to glass pane, to death.
  16. cloudtwonj Regular Member

XP:
    29,117xp
    I like the concept of using the Wasted guns in a wave-based zombie-survival-arena type gamemode.

I like the idea of the remaining XP gets added to your SB XP, but the XP lose and gain table that LukeD made (as an example) wouldn't work in the scenario of 1XP per zombie unless the zombies come in large numbers and die fast (similar to COD). Also, would donors get their multiplier during the round, or should it multiply the XP gained after the round ends?

Here's my opinion of the XP table though:

• +100xp per each wave survived (or 50XP if you get downed during the game, but survive the round)
    • +10xp for each survivor helped up (when they get downed)
    • -10xp if you get downed [See *1]
    • -20xp if you die [See *2]
    • -40xp for betraying a teammate (because you don't deserve points)
    • -200xp for special gun crate used (you always had to save up in CoD, so you should here)
    • -30xp for using an ammo refill (item frame with a particular gun on it, or a sign)
    • Zombies are worth 2-3XP apiece, and wolves are worth 5-10XP (depending on how powerfully their made by Devs)
  17. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    I don't think you should lose XP for dying or buying ammo, same with getting downed, and using the mistery box.

If this is added, they should get XP for the forums, but money for round uses. If I went in with 100,000XP, I could get completely geared up in less than 10 minutes...

Also, surviving rounds should progressively get higher, as they rounds get higher as well.
  18. cloudtwonj Regular Member

XP:
    29,117xp
    You'd lose in-round XP for purchases, not SB XP (Your SB XP doesn't get brought in with you, you get the XP you have at the end of the round added to your SB XP). Also I do think it should get progressively more XP per round survived, nice call there.
  19. Deditio Platinum

XP:
    56,553xp
    *eye twitch*
    Squirr3ly and ovan21 like this.
  20. SamOlver Regular Member

XP:
    10,526xp
    ADD THIS NOWWW