1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Update #2 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by HighlifeTTU, Jul 9, 2013.

Discussion - Update #2 Feedback Thread | Page 6
  1. Temido2222 Platinum

XP:
    124,583xp
    We need need the wall, grappling people fling you into the void

2. Thunder_Dragoon Platinum

XP:
    20,166xp
    its funny how everyone has different opinions as to what team lasts longest.... I've seen many people say the exact opposite of that....so yea anything i hear from someone means nothing honestly.
  3. JackT8ers Gold

XP:
    179,233xp
    This is now my favorite gamemode. Unfortunately, I can't seem to unlock Warrior, but from the changelog it looks like that problem has been addressed. A few noteworthy problems though:

-Strength potions can be made using Apprentice Wand to get blaze powder. It's expensive, but it pays off by making you a force of destruction. I got potion of Strength II, and for the next minute and a half I was capable of killing a full-diamond player with three hits. I was using an unenchanted iron sword. This seems pretty OP.

-Jerks still steal iron and break defenses, which is very frustrating. I have met players who tear holes in the wall instead of using the gate three blocks away. And it is very annoying when you're smelting iron and some jerk comes along and takes not only the iron, but also the ore and the coal, and then jumps in the lava pit. (Just curious, is there a purpose to that cave's existence? Lava can't be placed, so...)

-Teleporter needs to be nerfed, if it hasn't been already. I have seen it used to teleport our entire team directly into the enemy's nexus, which resulted in the nexus dropping from about 60 to 0. It also has been used to troll players by teleporting them into the void, and it can be used to teleport enemies into the team's base. This is the only kit I am aware of that is particularly OP.

Other than the above, this gamemode is absolutely excellent. Keep making it even better!
  4. QuarterTrout Regular Member

XP:
    27,950xp
    Is the class unlocking bug fixed yet? If it is, do I need to unlock the classes again?
  5. kingtimc Regular Member

XP:
    19,422xp
    To reply to that, you can use the lava bucket has a source of fuel in smelting, Great for getting a team smelter and just having everyone dump iron ore in so everyone can get kitted in iron in less than a minute

Strength pots need to be made more expensive to make, I can rambo a team's entire offensive of diamonds and iron with unenchanted iron gear using a regen and strength. Maybe even add a use for emeralds in the strength potion making process?
    For me, the cost of a strength 2 pot does not equal the massive advantage it gives. There are sometimes games where someone rushes to gold, gets a strength 2 for a friend getting iron armor, who then proceeds to run in a base and completely own everyone in it while the rest of the team follows up.
  6. Dalek Platinum

XP:
    172,712xp
    Ooh, miner class should get the ores they mine directly into their inventory rather than it popping out when mining. Also, furnaces should be breakable by everyone, but not accessible by everyone. To clarify, you place a furnace, only you can see the contents. Someone else comes by and looks inside, and it is empty and ready for them to use.
  7. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    only op if you dont have it
  8. KARLITO262 Regular Member

XP:
    127,633xp
    Like you could do better.
  9. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    yer i can
  10. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    We need more maps! I am personally getting tired of playing coastal, as skylands and valleys aren't that fun. I want some new strategies! Take a look at the communities maps, they are amazing.
  11. Dalek Platinum

XP:
    172,712xp
    More maps are in store for update 4, as well as full map rotations for all servers I believe. I like all 3 current maps, but coastal is used too much, and valleys is hard to find things in.
  12. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    thats good
    I would love a map with a town around the middle so there's urban fight at mid
  13. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    Actually, 3 new classes would be wonderful, but IF you do make these, you should stop to make sure all the classes are not bugged, and are balanced because some of the classes have rediculous issues. The scorpio needs to have a cooldown on the star of about 5-7 seconds because a singles scorpio can use the bug that it teleports rather than pulling, and not only that but it veers off to the side so you can throw it, pull someone off the edge, then turn and throw it again, and continuously spam the star like this. Also, you can "pull"(teleport) someone in to a wall and suffocate them to death. Transporter should not be able to place a teleporter on TOP of the nexus tower as only 2 classes can get up there: Scout and Transporter. Bloodmage sucks in general and needs a buff, also, it's ability should not be able to be used on animals because one misclick and a pig can kill you. Also you shouldn't be able to place the torch on the ground because it loses it's ability. Pyro needs a buff as it's worse than warrior, but warrior is easier to get. The fire doesn't last nearly long enough, and/or the chance of lighting an enemy on fire should be higher, because a friend of mine fought with pyro for 30 minutes straight and only lit 2 people on fire the whole time. The woodcutting class is stupid. Nobody would buy it unless they had excess money and had all the other classes. There is no point in it as I can take 3 seconds and get stone, and in a minute have a better axe than the one you spawn with.

Anyone else feel free to add more info as I can't think of any other class issues off the top of my head.
  14. Megmachunian Platinum

XP:
    17,285xp
    If a "clan leader" that can be defined through application joins a team, all other clan members of that clan in game are prompted to decide to join, whether or not it is full
  15. 398008001 Regular Member

XP:
    15,584xp
    I don't think having a random map picked on boot up is a good idea. Personally I will just leave until coastal is the map, and I think others will too. Most people don't like the new maps, or at least that's what I've noticed
  16. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    do you mean that if a team is full the clan leader and his clan members can join on the same team???
    seams a bit unfair though
    marco_polo24 likes this.
  17. xiuxi_ Gold

XP:
    13,992xp
    Fix the bloody new no cheat it's fucking up Acrobat.
    KARLITO262 likes this.
  18. Atomic_Waffle Silver

XP:
    14,897xp
    Cant wait till update #4 :D
  19. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    TAKE OUT MINEZ FROM ANNILATION!!!
  20. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp