1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Where do you see Shotbow in 10 years?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by EDMQND, Jan 15, 2023.

Question - Where do you see Shotbow in 10 years?
  1. Repressing Regular Member

XP:
    570,693xp
    Worth asking.

2. GiveMeFlowers Gold

XP:
    305,250xp
    Shotbow's playerbase decreases consistently year after year. In 1-2 years Shotbow's most popular game mode, which is Annihilation, won't have enough players to start games.
  3. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    In the history books as the most OG bestest 2013 MC server out there no cap on god fr
  4. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    fr fr no cap
    notswipe likes this.
  5. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    You can probably see it on the internet by searching "Shotbow"
    notswipe likes this.
  6. naqare SMASH Lead

XP:
    1,733,182xp
    [IMG]
    ment0l66 likes this.
  7. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    rude
    sunbreathing likes this.
  8. naqare SMASH Lead

XP:
    1,733,182xp
    i love my shitty humor
    Smartzz, Fluffoon, ment0l66 and 2 others like this.
  9. dimodes Regular Member

XP:
    474xp
    Annihilation is extremely pathetic now. Not enough people to play games, can't switch teams away from dead teams, having 3 teams team up against one from the start of the game. Might as well just close it, it's understandable with shit management like this why the server died. This game is unplayable and without 120 players full can't reach its full potential due to the rotten underbelly that is, and with the toxic trash community you have left it's on the way to zero quick. Keep making new maps that will never be as good as Coastal and Arid while destroying the spirit of competition, the only playerbase you have left is a bunch of craps who I can 1v10, who group up on discord while on different teams and farm EXP then pretend they are good.

Inb4 the invetiable cope of terminally online losers who try to deny any of the truths I just posted (because they practice these things themselves) with some dumb shit like "no u" or some attack on character, summon their discord buddies to the thread, mods who are in on it who cry and report because I said a bad word. In that case your game deserves to die. I give it until next month when games are unable to start.

It's a shame that the minecraft community moved to crappy megaservers with gamemodes that aren't even fun and left Shotbow with a bunch of neck beard losers like this.
  10. Rainbow_Dashi Obsidian

XP:
    41,701xp
    Well the forum looks identical to how I remember it in 2013, so perhaps take a screenshot now and have a group event with the last 3 active members in 2033, and play a fun little game of spot-the-difference together?

It'll be more fun than the 1 empty Annihilation server remaining! As enjoyable as Ghostcraft™!

Or maybe... Shotbow will pull another Ghostcraft™ act...

...But this time... on the forum instead... (Dun dun dun!) Now THAT'S spooky!
    Repressing likes this.
  11. Majicou Retired Staff

XP:
    96,540xp
    There's always the subreddit in case the forum dies, remember!

I think OG's will be always around in a way or another...
    _NN likes this.
  12. WickedSkipper Emerald

XP:
    148,806xp
    I 2nd this. May not play that much anymore but do enjoy reading whats going on and chatting with people
    _NN likes this.
  13. ZinkyBoy Platinum

XP:
    441,553xp
    I miss the good ol' days, good and simple times - full teams and big queues ;( I've been on shotbow for about 9 years now and it sucks to see it go downhill. I'd volunteer as staff, having had a couple of my own servers and been admin on a couple others. It's just finding the time between other commitments. But who knows, maybe in the summer once I'm finished up with college. In the meantime I hope we can reignite the fire it once had.
    mboy2000 likes this.
  14. ZinkyBoy Platinum

XP:
    441,553xp
    I miss the good ol' days, good and simple times - full teams and big queues ;( I've been on shotbow for about 9 years now and it sucks to see it go downhill. I'd volunteer as staff, having had a couple of my own servers and been admin on a couple others. It's just finding the time between other commitments. But who knows, maybe in the summer once I'm finished up with college. In the meantime I hope we can reignite the fire it once had.
  15. okinaboru Gold

XP:
    17,986xp
    All they have to do is run ads targetting people who play Minecraft... that's it.
    They could probably run 10 different ads at $5 each ad for 1 month and bring in 50 new players minimum.
    I don't understand why shotbow just doesn't care anymore about bringing in new players. Like one anni game right now with only 16 people in..... I miss the good old days.
    mboy2000 and Meyling like this.
  16. Meyling Silver

XP:
    55,728xp
    just remembered this server recently, sad to see its not doing so well, especially worried about it since mineplex bit the dust not too long ago :(
  17. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    i check in to the website frequently and am always sad to see the numbers; i have a feeling at some point i'll come back and it'll be no more. i agree in that OG's will always be around in one way or another (not to say im really that og). The times were fun but maybe it's time
    mboy2000 likes this.
  18. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    We have been joking for the last 8 years that this next year will be the death of Shotbow. But I really do not see another decade of shotbow existing, unless things drastically shift.
    ShayminPlays likes this.
  19. Sir_Isaac_Nooton Silver

XP:
    94,879xp
    The fact that shotbow is still around at all amazes me. If it's around in 10 years it'll be on the community hosting servers.
  20. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    349,773xp
    This may be because I'm not playing Minecraft as much anymore, but I feel that the general hype and attraction towards Minecraft servers has gradually declined ever since ~2016. Servers are a labor of love and are time consuming on top of a day job for many admins and mods. As server updates and maintenance decreases, so does player enjoyment. Paired with the decrease of Minecraft Youtubers, increase in accessibility to smaller personal servers, and general decline of Minecraft in general, it's no wonder why server attendance has declined over the years. There's still plenty of people who play on servers, but we've seen them drift towards the few massive servers over the years. I may be biased based on my overall lack of playing Minecraft, but this seems to be the trend. I would like to add that this is not a criticism of Shotbow or any of it staff, just what I've observed. 'Smash' and 'Ghost' will always remain as some of my favorite Minecraft experiences.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  21. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

Can confirm, I still log in a couple times a year, and this happens to be one of them.

Still wonder how everyone I knew is doing now x) makes me really miss this place since it was such a large part of my childhood.