1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Annihilation - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Anni Team, Jan 23, 2022.

Announcement - Annihilation - Feedback Thread | Page 3
  1. Dayily Platinum

XP:
    1,715,999xp
    increase the annihilation staff, nerf void classes, xp multipliers,
    Xioso, soto and Tobi472 like this.

2. Siropoyo Emerald

XP:
    2,775,250xp
    1.Add a "Season" and change the Meta for each season.
    Example:
    ・Disable/enable some class every week. Change the class specification every season.
    ・Change the effects of Gapple and potions every season.
    ・Enable/disable voids per season.
    ・Change the queue system every season.
    ・Revive the old system every season.
    ・Apply/disable the idea of feedback threads per season.
    It's impossible to find an Update that all Anni players like.
    (Some Anni players like traps, some don't. Some like non-soloing, some like soloing.)
    Uniformity in game systems is not always a good thing.
    It is important to change the system frequently. Players can play with any system they like.
    (Please recruit Developer and Admin for debugging/development)
    ( basically just enable/disable the spec).

2.Change the color of the team chat to white by default.
    Newbie players often don't see the team chat.
    Encourage newbies to cooperate in team chat.
    Also, emphasize the tips message to direct them to the clan recruitment thread.

3.Add ranks above Annihilator. And add pets, particles, and kill effects.
    Currently, there is nothing for players who are Annihilator to aim for.
  3. shajunghoon Silver

XP:
    380,811xp
    Random teams is never going to work. If someone wants to stack, they will just get on an alt and login again until they are on the proper team.
  4. Sens Platinum

XP:
    2,873,686xp
    That's bannable already, I don't think that'd be a common practice if it does get implemented, which I seriously doubt it will anyway
  5. EarnestForge Regular Member

XP:
    37,863xp
    Hey, my first comment posted on shotbow.net. Cool!

1) I came up with an idea for a new class, which I read before is always risky to add, but thought it was worth mentioning. My idea was a class that can turn into animals with different benefits and disadvantages, but you need to get certain materials to turn into them, like the tinkerer putting their pressure plates on redstone blocks vs iron blocks. You do not benefit from wearing armor while an animal, and can't use weapons either, and each transformation lasts for a certain amount of time unique to each animal. My ideas for animals were Wolf, which is fast and can still attack and you need to use an iron ingot to become it, Polar bear(or something similar), which can attack hard but isn't fast and you need a diamond, and parrot, which can fly fast like the vampire bat but can't attack and you turn into with an emerald. As I type this I realize this will probably not be added exactly as I first imagined, as it would either be over-powered polar bears or just a wimpy class, but hopefully this suggestion will inspire something more viable.

2) I also think shorter games of Anni would be convenient, or games with different numbers of teams, but if there were more or less bases that would require a rework of all the maps being used so they match the number of teams. Maybe that rework could be a community event like the minor location build contest happening for MineZ?

3) I had one other thing to say, but someone already mentioned it, so I thought of another idea: what if the boss portal was the same distance from all bases, specifically being above/below the diamonds? Or just have two boss portals? I know that every map would need to be changed to make that happen, and I don't expect it to happen, but it was just a thought I had, like the class suggestion was just a thought.

I love Annihilation!
  6. IsThatMe Regular Member

XP:
    16,972xp
    Sorry I'm late for this discussion. Sorry for my bad english. Briefly about me:
    I started playing Annihilation 8-9 years ago and I know what some people miss about it.

Annihilation is a niche game that has the basic features of League of Legends but brings more variety. This is mainly due to the different phases and the fact that 4 teams play against each other.

I would like to list which points is/are a current/longer problem.

1. many players have simply switched to other games (Fornite, League of Legends, ...) and the fewest can be brought back again.
    2. the version of the game (the Shotbow Team has influence on this)
    3. the number of different maps
    4. balance changes
    5. a direction is given, how you have to play Annihilation (Old Phase nerf => Only Late Game)
    6. casual gamer or competitive gamer or old school gamer?
    7. minecraft influencer marketing
    8. miscellaneous (gaps, base building = useless), hackers

A few words about the first point:
    Can't do anything about it. Are lost customers/gamers

A few words on the second point:
    Annihilation stands out for being niche product, which resembles League of legends. Accordingly, Annihilation is a MOBA. It is played on a game version that is not optimally designed for a PvP game mode. Why not just use a 1.8 PvP version? I once heard that it's because of the technical infrastructure, but that would attract a lot of PvP players.

A few words about the third point:
    Different and new maps are good in themselves. But in my eyes there are just too many maps. A suggestion from my side would be to offer multiple annihilation lobbies based on the map tier list. If there are too few players, then you only offer Tier 1 maps. Personally, I don't feel like playing a map where there are only 30 players because no one likes that map. Players can vote which 3-4 maps are in tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 and tier 4. 12 maps is completely enough and based on the current number of active players, Tier 1 maps would be enough.
    My favorites as an old school player are: Coastal, Castle, Skyislands, Canyon.

A few words on the fourth point:
    Scout... some love and some hate this class. This class is unique but would need a little rework respectively revert Scout just a little nerfed. Scout represents mobility on land and water. Let the scout grapple in water again. Nerfed him rather area Damage or Protection (max Sharp 3 Enchantments, No Fire Aspect, Max Prot 2). He can be squishy, because he is so mobile.

Swapper vs "old Scorpio" vs "current Scorpio
    What were the considerations with a swapper, please?
    You swap positions but you can hit your opponent directly into the Void? Is that fair? My suggestion here would be that the swapper needs to be 7-10 blocks away from the edge to swap someone. This could also make this class useful again in competitive.

The old Scorpio was also a bit nasty. You stood in the middle on your Sky base at Coastal and Diamond caught opponents with the star and let them kill with Fall Damage. It sucks but you definitely need more skill than with a swapper. Likewise, the Void Scorpio was a bit more challenging than a Swapper.
    The current Scorpio sucks.
    Bring back the old Scorpio.

Riftmaker:
    Where I started playing Annihilation again, I thought to myself: this class is really awesome for teamplay. Very good kit but should be able to transport less players, so you need more Riftmaker for teleporting.

Transporter: Currently quite good in his position

Bard:
    Difficult topic... Didn't exist at my time but changed the mid game completely in phase 3. The radius should be smaller for the buffs and affect less players. Also, a player should only be able to have one Bard buff because otherwise this gets abused.

Dasher:
    Cool kit. More cooldown or shorter range would do the kit good.

I don't want to say much about the rest of the kits, because many need to be completely overbuffed or reworked. 80% of the remaining kits are useless in many ways.

A few words about the fifth point:
    There are 5 phases in Annihilation. So there is an Early Game (Phase 1 + 2), Mid game (Phase 3 + 4, Late Game (Phase 5). It feels in the current meta like the developers want every game to go all the way to Phase 4 or Phase 5. Early game rushes have become useless. In the past, you could brew Strengh and Regeneration Potions in Phase 1 + 2. With this you could early rush the opposing teams who only focused on the middle. This was really good back then because teams had to build a base to stop the early pot rushers. Part of the team had to fight the middle and part of the team were early pot rushers. You had both early, mid and lategame.

Since you can only brew potions in phase 4, there is no early game anymore. The whole team can focus on the middle and farm diamonds. Please go back to the way it was before.

A few words about the sixth point:
    What is the goal? Do you want competitive gamers, casual gamers or the old school gamers again?

For the casual gamers you would first have to explain Annihilation in a proper tutorial, how it works. (strategies etc.)

For the competitive and old school gamers you need the option for an early, mid and late game. What exactly is the strategy of the team? Currently you do not have this. Also most gamers want a PvP version (block hitting, no shields, grappling in water).

A few words about the seventh point:
    The marketing of Shotbow is unfortunately catastrophic. Here you would need great Minecrafte Influencers to explain the game to and they should promote the server for a payment. Without promotion no new players come. A lot needs to be done here!!!

A few words about the eighth point:
    Because there is only Late Game, Gaps are completely overpowered. Here a limit should be set or it should be possible that an Early Game team punishes the other team for it.

Base Building is almost completely useless with Ender Pearls or Acrobat + Riftmaker.
    Make Ender Pearls much more expensive because they are supposed to be very valuable.

Nobody likes hackers. Better pay attention to it and ban much more actively. So also look at replays and don't just do nothing.

These are just my personal impressions.

Lg Phil
    Messsii, Meno65 and Sens like this.
  7. nekohakamisama Regular Member

XP:
    17,432xp
    I am using translation

1.Scout
    Give the grapple a cool time with each armor.
    Leather: No cool time
    Iron: Cool time 5 seconds
    Diamond: Cool time 10 seconds

2.Hunter
    Check if the trap is active
    Increase the number and speed of missiles

Increase and improve traps

3.Game
    Easy to rush
    Easy to stop the rush

Prevent the match from prolonging

I hope the game will become more popular
  8. RambamRevolution Platinum

XP:
    140,342xp
    How about Ender chests one in every base in every map?
  9. InfinityTouch Gold

XP:
    26,132xp
    1. Allow the use of redstone and all its components again. This includes making pistons functional. Building redstone machines in Anni would be really fun. Give the engineer a drop item, like the Builder's drop, that supplies him with various redstone components. Here's an idea of what such a drop may look like:
    - 10-30 redstone dust
    - 10-15 slime blocks
    - 5-10 observers
    - 5-10 redstone comparators
    - 5-10 redstone repeaters
    - 3-5 levers
    - 3-5 pistons
    - 3-5 sticky pistons

Regarding lag machines: There's a plugin called ArmorStand-Limiter, or you could also ban armor stands entirely. Plugins like RedstoneDetector greatly help in monitoring heavy redstone usage. Not to mention it's unlikely someone manages to make a giant lag machine without armor stands.

2. Give the farmer an item that spawns 3-5 passive mobs (cows, sheep, pigs, chickens) around him. I think this would be a nice addon to the kit, as the farmer could then supply the team with beef, wool, leather and milk.

3. Right-clicking your teleporter as transporter shouldn't destroy it. It's really bad for some building purposes.
  10. ZinkyBoy Platinum

XP:
    441,553xp
    SUGGESTIONS FROM ZINKYBOY (long time player of 8 years)

1. CLASS COMBOS
    This is a long shot, but it's something I've thought about for a long time that I think would be awesome. It'd take a lot of thought and hard work, but I think it'd give Annihilation the much needed revolution it's been craving for some time now. Theoretically, players would be able to play two classes at the same time; a combo of sorts. I.e. some super fun combos would be the following:
    Miner and Enchanter combo
    Transporter and Bard
    Thor and Swapper
    Assassin and Spy
    Mercenary and Immobilizer
    Builder and Acrobat (this'd be great for building sky bridges)

2. TEAM CUPS
    Many of us have been hoping for a functional /team stats command. Whilst this would be very interesting and fuel the competitive aspect of the game, I think that an Anni Team Cup would be exceptionally fun! Players would select a dedicated team via the game or website. Once the competition commenced, a live leader-board would track team wins over the course of the season. The team with the most wins would win the Anni Team Cup, and the winning teams players would receive an exciting reward (XP, a new kit, etc etc).

3. FAIR GAMES
    I'm taking this moment to call out the major STAX that are still occurring on bigger Anni games. A game I played today had 20+ players on red team and 9 on blue, despite us all having roughly the same nexus health. Obviously blue were the first to lose. I was on green team as usual and we were the next to lose (we had about 11 players in comparison to reds 21). Of course, it can't always be helped, but it would be interesting to see some new approaches when it comes to tackling team stacks. I'd like to suggest something wild that I think would be really fun. If there is a margin of say, more than ten players in a game of annihilation, (e.g. red has 20 players and yellow only has 9), the lacking team will receive a giant zombie or iron golem buff to fight for them, to help balance out the physical strength of each team. It's just an idea, but I think it'd be good.

Hope these help! :D
    Tobi472 likes this.
  11. imissmydad6_9 Regular Member

XP:
    2,826xp
    After getting a good feel of the game in it's current state after 1) originally playing Annihilation from a "rival server" 2) not playing for several years, I think I can finally put my thoughts into words.

This is such a fun gamemode to play and it always has been, but sometimes it feels "stale". There could be exciting bits and moments, but it's largely repetitive due to the meta that the game is currently in.

1. Some, if not most kits need a rework or a slight buff to make them shine. This gamemode is lacking in variety, which is weird to say. It feels like every game is the same thing with the same kits, just different maps. Each class sounds so unique and interesting from it's name and description but then you play it and it's.. meh. I get that the "core kits" (scout, acrobat, assassin, enchanter, etc) will always stay the same, but it feels like some kits need something else. Hell I didn't know Tank was even added until I saw it on the wiki. It's crazy that there are 40 kits in this gamemode and yet only a few are played.

2. Ender Chests. This is one thing I really liked about [redacted] version of Annihilation. They allowed you to purchase slots of an Ender Chest for XP, up to five slots. This allowed you to keep something you didn't want to lose without it being completely broken. It wouldn't transfer over to the next game you play.

3. Team buffs. This is something that might be controversial, but would shake up the game a little. During phase I, each team could vote on a permanent buff that would go into effect at the start of phase II. Things like ".25 speed increase" or ".25 reduced knockback". Nothing game breaking, but a slight advantage (that could not be an advantage based on what the other teams select).

4. Make the grind worth it. It blows when you spend the entire game trying to rank up to the next level only to find out you're still 200 points away. It blows even more when you find out it's for the most basic kit ever, like archer. That's the exact words of what my friend said when he tried to rank up. He loves this game as much as I do, but finds it frustrating that the skill curve is so high and there is little to no reward when you try to improve.

Anyway, that is all for now. Sorry it was more a "suggestions" comment instead of feedback, I tried to do both.
  12. AIIEyesOnMe Silver

XP:
    98,420xp
    Small detail but when a player enters the final stage after the game where you can kill the boss, there's a huge font 'FIGHT' which obstructs seeing your enemies. Please get rid of that or make it smaller :)

(Also, sometimes theres a bug where you're unable to use grapple @ boss....)
  13. Alphamoonmann Regular Member

XP:
    1,365xp
    My only suggestion is this:

The Annihilation hub should add a feature that advertises to players about an opt-in auto-connector Team-party system. Similar to the current party system where formed parties lets anyone create their own private discord VC on the Shotbow Discord server only those invited can join. Except that players that opt into this only have to connect their MC name to their Discord name and whenever they join a game they will automatically be moved into their respective team's generated private VC.

Players who are deafened or are not a part of the call could have an icon in their names visible only to their teammates that represents that they cannot hear players speaking in this team VC.

The reasoning behind this is that communication and parallel cooperative thinking occurs within teams destined to win, most of the time because of stacking. Rather than trying to find some arbitrary method to punish stacking, it's better to bring casual randoms up to their level as best we can, by giving them the tools to best coordinate together if they so choose.

The feature can be opted in an out of whenever they want in the Annihilation Hub which is also where you edit party settings.

"Feel like the other teams are too coordinated for you to succeed? Connect your minecraft account with our discord server for free to join your team's voice chat every time you play! Type "/dmc" to gain a cooperative advantage!"
  14. ZinkyBoy Platinum

XP:
    441,553xp
    We need xp for ASSISTS. E.g. for multiple player-hit kills, each player would get 2-5 points for the assist.
  15. okinaboru Gold

XP:
    17,986xp
    Just run ads to increase playerbase, that simple.
    IsThatMe likes this.
  16. kandenti0609 Regular Member

XP:
    1,775xp
    The wizard is too strong, so I'd like you to weaken it a bit.
  17. Squidchop Gold

XP:
    77,051xp
    Please give Iceman the slow effect that it is supposed to have. The wiki says it should inflict slow 3 on enemies that hit the iceman 50% of the time but this never happens.
    IsThatMe likes this.
  18. ZinkyBoy Platinum

XP:
    441,553xp
    Yo! Been meaning to post this feedback for ages lol. Here it is :D

General Feedback
    • Really good work on the update. The game has received a much needed glow up, and it has henceforth been REVITALIZED! Now we just need to keep working towards expanding the player base. I'd suggest maybe adding a /vote system if you haven't already as this will generate player influx and get the servers name out there a wee bit more.
    • The kits are awesome, I love the new horse addition to Robinhood. It's so funny seeing players whiz around on their steeds
    • The map rotation seems relatively healthy and I have noticed that some of them have been jazzed up a bit. This is cool, but remember, there's a lot of old school players on here like me who liked Coastal just the way it was (classic) :(
      As long as we still have ClassicCoastal we should be okay :zanonymous: :lmao:

Suggestions
    • I think many will agree with me on that Beserker needs a bit of a Nerf. It's just a lil bit too OP :confused:
    • Wizard is fun AF; there's no need to nerf it, in my humble opinion
    • Y'all SLEEPIN' on a pirate class, especially now we have telescopes in Minecraft. Imagine how useful they'd be in game for spotting incoming rushes. skybridges, etc! We need a pirate class bros! It would be soo fun.
    • A cowboy class would also be lit - the player could have a leash lasso that pulls in enemies, kinda like scorpio but more accurate and playable lol, maybe have a horse too (although I know Robinhood already has this feature, it'd still be super fun)
    • A /team stats command would be a great incentive to play and win besides gaining XP - there's a lot of players like myself now who already have most/all of the kits and the xp is a little bit useless unfortunately. Some new incentives would be awesome; e.g. a team cup tournament.

Bugs
    • There's a common bug with swapper - sometimes I'll go to swap and nothing will happen, even when in a fully functional swapper trap. I'm not sure why this happens but it really needs fixing bc it's super annoying when being rushed and it doesn't work. It's happened quite a few times now :zmeh:...

• Also with wizard: the whirlwind often blasts the user back instead of the enemy. I tried to whirlwind a blue into the void before and it just launched us both into the air for a sec and nothing really happened lol. Room for improvement.
    I've been playing for a looong time now, and I'm happy to say that Anni is still my fave MC game. Thank you for keeping it up and running and for providing us all with a much needed break from the hectic world around us. I've seen many servers crash and burn over the years, but Shotbow has stood it's ground, like the stonehenge of Minecraft servers... lol. Thank you for all of your hard work staff & devs!
    Happy Annihilating :cool: ZINKYBOY
  19. Benjamin_Loison Platinum

XP:
    19,339xp
    As a nexus defender, I'm waiting enemies to come attack the nexus, so most of the time I'm doing something else until an enemy shows up.
    However I'm kicked more than every 5 minutes due to the anti-AFK mechanism.
    As I'm looking something else, it would be nice to add a sound to notify that we are being detected as idle and will be kicked.

The chat looks like this when being detected as idle:

Code:
    You have been detected as idle and will be kicked in 15 seconds! Look around to cancel this.
    You have been detected as idle and will be kicked in 14 seconds! Look around to cancel this.

You have been detected as idle and will be kicked in 1 seconds! Look around to cancel this.
    Disconnected: Kick from the game, as you were idle.

This message is displayed on the screen when being detected as idle:
    Code:
    You have been detected as idle
    Look around or you will be kicked!

Messsii likes this.