1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Sandbox hosting accessible for community

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Buurt, Jan 17, 2022.

Other - Sandbox hosting accessible for community
  1. buurt Emerald

XP:
    690,501xp
    Dear Shotbow Staff,

If I can speak for the competitive clanwar community of approximately 12 active clans.
    We all agree that finding an admin who is able to host a sandbox is a tough job.
    (and ofcourse we respect admins personal life)
    A solution for this: assigning certain trusted people (people have been actively organizing tournaments or friendly wars) should be given the opportunity to host sandboxes.

Options for this:
    1. Making it a sign where only people who have been given the permission to do so, can set up a sandbox on a desired map and gamerules.
    2. Or a command for setting it up.

All of the above in accordance with either anni lead or anni staff, on dates to confirm.

All that im trying to say is we want to make it more accessible for organizers to set up sandboxes so we can play tournaments and leagues.

If you want to contact me about anything: buurt#2149
    Also if you want to talk to me about any of this I am willing to come talk to you on discord in a private call or in teamspeak to implement community ideas.

All of this for a more active and committed community.

Best regards
    -Buurt

2. Savkid Regular Member

XP:
    907xp
    well said g
  3. Gentes Obsidian

XP:
    764,499xp
  4. _TeaLeafy Obsidian

XP:
    533,547xp
    100% agreed
  5. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
  6. buurt Emerald

XP:
    690,501xp
    so the server is just gonna die
  7. Inglaterra Platinum

XP:
    1,385,719xp
    Que flashes ñeri
  8. mika43 Guest

XP:
    xp
    I believe there is a party system in shotbow where you can invite friends but unfortunately it doesn't have any use. I suggest to make some sort of party duel where you can send a duel to a group or clan and you get to pick which classes are disabled, which map and etc, once you settle the map and disabled classes you click accept to the person who duel you and a 1v1 map automatically starts without the need of a staff member.
    It would be similar to 8v8 ranked game mode.
    I hope you guys take note!
    -mika
    larpy999, Paulossj and Buurt like this.
  9. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    Our plan is that players can host their own customizable events in the future:
    (Source)

As a side note, abusing alts to artificially boost the number of likes reflects poorly on a suggestion.
  10. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    As a side note, that was said for the Year Ahead 2021. Clearly this didn't happen and the community also hasn't been told why or how. Why has this not been re-addressed in the Year Ahead Post for 2022?

Own up to things that can't get done or you don't want to get done. There are alternative, easier ways that could provide a temporary fix (until the main idea has been realized), which you're so opposed against. Be better, keep your prejudice and gatekeeping mentality out of a dying network, it does nobody no good.

People wouldn't have to do this if we would get a response or a sign of life on some or most of the suggestions/ critique or opinions placed on the forums which people spend time on. Also, it's not in your best interest to accuse people of using alts to like or boost a post. You don't know whether someone else might've been using that account (allegedly) so I don't know why you brought up that point to begin with, not a good look partner.
    mika43 and Buurt like this.
  11. Messsii Emerald

XP:
    1,963,814xp
    tish is arecovlution ary ydea
  12. Outra Localization Lead, Events Team Lead

XP:
    908,509xp
    I would love for us to have a system where people can organize their own clan wars, but to be honest I think something like that wouldn't work, I think it's very important that an admin takes care of the events. I’ll explain why:

1.- Sometimes the chat tends to get out of control; spam, offenses and other situations that happen even with admins present. There could be even more chaos and disorder if there is no an admin to control the situation.
    2.- What would happen if some bug or problem occurs that requires the presence of an admin and there is none available at that time? This will cause more problems.
    3.- If any user is trolling, griefing or harming in any way the game, how will you deal with that? more problems...
    4.- Personally, I think this request is not a big necessity for the community considering that we host many clan wars weekly, and if for some reason we can't do it, this happens with the minority. In addition, currently for some users doesn't have much value play a normal cw, with this request I fear that the clan wars completely lose the value that they have, this could hurt a lot Anni and at least I don't want that to happen.

There are probably more reasons that I'm ignoring right now, but basically that's what I think.

JT, Pedro, M4bi and me are willing to host the events that the community asks, as long as it coincides with our time availability, and this can always be coordinated. This week pigplayer was promoted to Full Admin and from now he can also open sandboxes, and eventually more members will be able too.

*This is just my personal opinion and doesn't mean that the proposal will be ignored, but it's important to consider.

Feel free to talk me and organize a clan war together!
  13. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    Is this how little you trust your own community lol? "There could be" / "Sometimes"; are you projecting your own prejudice on us lol? This isn't any different than playing a public game, the only difference is, the staff team is barely there to see chaos transpire, the spam, the chat offences. This point is ludicrous and insulting to us, the players, tf lol?
    What problems? Most of the times when a bug happened with Admins hosting they'd just reset / close the entire sandbox. Rarely would I see anyone fix the issue instead of restarting. Most issues also only take place or are discovered early in the game, so little to no harm can be done by resetting. And even after all of that nothing works out, why can't we just report the bug and get it fixed so it doesn't happen in the future? This isn't rocket science lol?
    Bruh we want to open sandboxes to host clanwars, not to host special events. You really think we'll see frequent events of trolling or griefing in a competitive game?
    Happens with the minority? Oh I sure wish I could let everyone read how little to no response we get when we're asking for a host for the Annihilation Championship matches. Besides you Outra, there's no one else we can depend on for a quick and efficient response. There's no need to beat around the bush, Clanwars & sandboxes are being hosted at an inconsistent rate, hell there's no consistency at all. The only clanwars that are easier to host are 1v1's because it doesn't take 4 clan leaders to agree to a time + that of a staff.

All in all, your points were not convincing at all, none of them provided an actual circumstantial reason as to why we should shut up and do as we're told by staff (And it shows as the only people that have liked your post are two of your fellow companions). Also, just to rub more salt on an open wound, I'll be adding a spicy image of how annoying it is to get a host for a 1v1v1v1 Clanwar.

[IMG]
    Outra, I still respect you as our Anni Admin, though I wonder if the same could still be said about many others.
    Nicson, Jerrybibo and RichRamp like this.