1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Grouping Classes

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by SoulofSymmetry, Mar 28, 2021.

Class Suggestion - Grouping Classes
  1. SoulofSymmetry Regular Member

XP:
    26,043xp
    Hello everybody,
    while playing Annihilation the past few weeks with my sister a lot, I got an idea how to spice up classes even more. I really love the variety of classes in the game and eventhough there are many strong features, I think there's still room for some (in my opinion) interesting changes which would also effect clan wars strategies! I came up with that idea while trying out the farmer class and using the "Famine" ability on some enemies and was like "Hey, how cool would it be if classes could get a grouping bonus?" (Don't ask how one leads to another, I'm weird.)
    For example, I took Bloodmage, Farmer, Succubus and Warrior as one group, the Apocalyptic Riders (Bloodmage would stand for Pestilence, Farmer for Famine, Succubus for Death and Warrior for War).
    I still didn't think of what kind of buff those classes could be getting, like if they just got buffs on their abilities (like a small reg I boost on the Feeding-Ability from farmer) or a permanent buff (like a ms bonus).
    Important to note is that those buffs only occur while all 4 classes are within range of each other (let's say 20-30 blocks, can be more, can be less, that's something which has to be discussed over balancing this). The group-bonus would only affect the members in that group and would only occur when all 4 classes are within that range. It wouldn't occur if there are e.g. 2x Farmer, 1 Succubus and 1 Warrior, but can affect multiple members of that group (e.g. 2x Farmer, 1 Warrior, 2 Succubus, 1 Blood Mage).

I already thought of how to group the classes, this is my suggestion:

Apocalyptic Riders
    Bloodmage
    Farmer
    Warrior
    Succubus

The Avatar
    Pyro
    Iceman
    Thor
    Wizard

Buff Bros
    Bard
    Enchanter
    Healer
    Tinkerer

Shapeshifter
    Spy
    Vampire
    Spider
    Assassin

Defending Elite
    Defender
    Builder
    Hunter
    Immobilizer

Artillery
    Acrobat
    Sniper
    Robin Hood
    Archer

Invader
    Rift Walker
    Miner
    Transporter
    Engineer

Carnival of Confusion
    Scorpio
    Swapper
    Ninja
    Dasher

Rush B
    Mercenary
    Handyman
    Scout
    Berserker

- Civilian, Lumberjack (I didn't even know this class existed before looking them all up lmao) and Alchemist are left out here since I couldn't find a proper way to put them into groups. Also, since those groups above are just suggestions, there are still possibilities to swap out classes or form even new groups

I know that many classes are already powerful and don't need more buffs. But since this buffing-concept only occurs when at least 4 different classes of the same group work together, I think it would strengthen teamwork, lead to powerful new situations and leave a lot of room for new strategies.

Let me know what you think about it! Maybe you even got a suggestion for buffs, other groups, other names etc. I'd like to discuss those with you!

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
    LMBG, pigplayer, Vietmyke and 2 others like this.

2. Vietmyke Platinum

XP:
    1,580,191xp
    Great Idea!- have you seen truffle class? @galap
  3. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    I personally against this, this would harm culture of Annihilation.
    Ivandagiant likes this.