1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Buff Robinhood

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by daveyo10, Mar 16, 2021.

Class Suggestion - Buff Robinhood
  1. daveyo10 Regular Member

XP:
    25,967xp
    Now I know Robinhood is kind of a strange class and not really meant to be competitive, but that doesn't mean it needs to be completely unviable. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to play Robinhood. You can easily get a power 4 bow as civilian within phase 1 (let alone as enchanter), and as civilian, you don't have weakness.

My first suggestion would be to remove weakness from Robinhood. Even without weakness, Robinhood would be completely competitively unviable because you could get at power 4-5 bow in 3 minutes as enchanter and use it as a mobility class with no weakness and great mobility.

My second suggestion is to buff the bow upgrades. Right now you can only get to power 4 flame infinity. This makes it so there is absolutely no reason to play Robinhood over enchanting your own bow, even if it was easy to level up the Robinhood bow. I'd suggest bringing back the poison at the highest tier and maybe make it so you can get up to power 6 so that theres something Robinhood can get that you can't just get within 3 minutes from enchanting.
    IsThatMe likes this.

2. lPirlo Event Team Co-Lead, Mini Admin

XP:
    471,058xp
    Many players thinks that robin hood is a nice class, but nobody uses it xd. I think that robin needs a rework/buff, like unique abilities, bow with arrows with slowness, poison, levitation or something like that.
    IsThatMe and Doooner like this.
  3. GiveMeFlowers Gold

XP:
    305,250xp
    They could implement like a life system for Robin Hood, for example you lose your bow progress if you die certain amount of times, because as of right now it's faster and easier to get Power 3-4 with enchanter and like 15 levels than having to kill 15+ people with bow only.
  4. IsThatMe Regular Member

XP:
    15,622xp
    This would be insane!
  5. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,648,301xp
    *rework Robin Hood
  6. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Okay, but you would be stuck in the mines and trying to survive mine rushes as a civilian. You would be hogging up resources from other team members too.

Robinhood allows you to let your teammates use the resources you would normally be gathering, and at the same time allows you to upgrade your bow by setting the other team back. Rather than spend an entire phase mining, you could be setting the other team back by killing their miners AND you get to upgrade your bow by doing so! The class is powerful in this regard, but it is very high skill and high risk to pull off.

My issue with Robinhood is that fact that you have to get KILLS with the bow. This doesn't play well if you have teammates with you, as they will often steal your kills. It also incentivizes killing freshly spawned low value targets, as they are the easiest to kill. Instead I think that the bow should level up with shots hit - that way you can still get progress from fending off someone in diamond armor vs just killing a leather scout over and over again.
    Hingey likes this.