1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Slaughter Update 1.1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pichu2002, Jan 21, 2021.

Slaughter Update 1.1
  1. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    [IMG]

Hello again!

In 2014, Shotbow released a small game called Slaughter as part of March Minigame Madness. Since then, I have fallen in love with the game. Sadly, over the years, Slaughter has slowly fallen to the wayside as other projects took priority. There are still bugs within this game that were identified by players years ago. It's about time this game gets the treatment it deserves.

After the release of Miner Problems, I began the process of updating Slaughter. I originally planned to only fix the bugs that have plagued this game for years, but after some thought, I decided to do something different. This update has been built entirely from the ground up utilizing the new Shotbow Arena system, and has thus been set up for easy and quick future updates.

Changelog
    • Fully updated to 1.16.2
    • Lobby:
      • No more signs! Now features an entirely new matchmaking browser for easily setting up a game or joining others.
      • Maps now display their builder.
    • Gameplay:
      • Waves are now randomized and endless. Mobs are still introduced in the same waves they were previously, but now each wave has slightly randomized amounts of each mob. The mob count per wave scales with the player count. Additionally, the game no longer randomly cuts off at wave 23. If you can get to wave 100, I'll be impressed...
      • Mob relocation now happens passively in the background. If a mob is too far away from any players, it will automatically be teleported to a closer spawn point. No more waiting 10 minutes to find that last spider or chicken!
      • Axes now function similarly to the Smasher from SMASH. They will break after a single use, but deal massive AOE damage.
      • Buying potions no longer completely breaks the game. :stuck_out_tongue:
      • The hotbar gold indicator now displays up to 99.
      • Dropping gold is now much easier.
      • Fletched Arrows are now bought four at a time.
      • Shiny Metal Armor has been removed. All Shiny Metal Armor shops have been replaced with Gleaming Armor shops.
      • Lowered the price of Gleaming Armor to match Shiny Metal Armor prices.
      • Otherworldly Armor has been replaced. I wonder what it could be...
    • Mobs:
      • Chickens are fast again.
      • Zombies now can spawn with randomized gear.
      • Skeletons now drop Fletched Arrows.
      • Spiders no longer get stuck on ceilings.
      • Creepers now drop gold on explosion.
    • And many small adjustments!
    This may not look like a large update, but this definitely will not be the end for Slaughter. Let me know what you think, and if you have any bugs to report or ideas to suggest, feel free to let me know in the Slaughter channel on Discord and I'll be sure to take a look!

Thanks for flying Shotbow!

2. plusouplus Ruby

XP:
    2,082,268xp
  3. Trugo Regular Member

XP:
    66,811xp
    pog number 1 dev
  4. otcathatsya Platinum

XP:
    206,219xp
  5. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Neat, looking forward to breaking it!
    Mistri and JACOBSMILE like this.
  6. naqare SMASH Lead

XP:
    1,733,182xp
    might be the time i hop into this gamemode again. Great work Pichu!
    Mistri likes this.
  7. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Does Shotbow XP scale with the new waves?
  8. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    Shotbow XP does scale with the new waves :stuck_out_tongue:
    Mistri likes this.
  9. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
  10. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Oh baby! Gonna have to get the gang back together... er... I guess they kinda are...

Now work on MineZ 2???? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
  11. Mrs_Sand Guest

XP:
    xp
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. AllNipponAirways Silver

XP:
    17,626xp
  13. Fizzyy240 Regular Member

XP:
    172,014xp
  14. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Hype! Took way too long to come but finally it is here. Really excited to see what the future will bring. New mobs, potential bosses, map easter eggs etc. would be sick! Fills the void that WiR left in me