1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion XP Randomly dissapearing?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by DragonGod1199, Nov 27, 2020.

Suggestion - XP Randomly dissapearing?
  1. DragonGod1199 Regular Member

XP:
    4,386xp
    Hey so I've recently come across this problem where my experience just drops to 0 randomly, not completely 0 but about half way to level 1.It's happened a number of times during the last few games, after i had gotten enchanter and tried enchanting. I think it may have to do with swapping to the enchanter class, but i'm not completely sure.

In this scenario i had just gotten 10 diamond as scout and gotten back to base. I crafted a chestplate and sword, and swapped to enchanter to enchant them. During this time a yellow team member rushed our nexus so i stopped to intercept him. After that when i went to enchant my items, i realized all my exp had disappeared. It wasn't a visual glitch as i gained more exp from cutting down a tree, to maybe reset it, but just got to level 1. I had around 9 levels before, and i remember i could swap classes and my levels don't disappear.

SO TL;DR Enchanter may have a bug where swapping classes to enchanter gets rid of your levels. This hasn't happened with any of my other classes as far as i know.
    Jinnochi likes this.

2. Barobax Regular Member

XP:
    478,906xp
    To expand on what Jinnochi said in ①, Enchanter class has a passive ability where XP levels can act as pseudo-hearts. I'm not 100% sure on the exact mechanics but the jist of it is Ii you take damage as Enchanter, your XP levels will be used in damage calculation and your XP levels will reduce before your health. Once you run out of XP, then you take damage as normal.
    Jinnochi and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  3. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    From the wiki: "When you're at 7 health ([IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]), your levels will be consumed as damage in place of your real health (up to a certain extent)."

The exact way this works, from my testing, is that the xp taken is counted as true damage. What that means is that, if a weapon deals 6 damage (hovering over a weapon in your inventory will show this stat), you will lose 6 levels instead of lose 3 hearts. This is normal. While it's annoying to lose xp levels at such high health, this is to combat succubus being able to get around the class.

I hope you liked this more detailed explanation.