1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Where is EU Server

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by CookiesAndChaos, Sep 15, 2020.

No Prefix - Where is EU Server
  1. CookiesAndChaos Gold

XP:
    5,586xp
    All in the title, just coming back playing shotbow and see there is no EU servers left ... Any explication, impossible to play from where i live.

2. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

The EU server shut down all the way back in 2016-2017 in order to unify the playerbase and reduce spending. There wasn't a great load of people playing on EU so they made the decision to axe it. There's a possibility it could return in the future if the playerbase grows again
  3. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    If you are from paris (as your profile states), then it is completely "playable" albeit a bit laggy, im located in NL and although the ping is high the gamemode remains playable, at least for PvE purposes.
    Aexon likes this.
  4. salTequilla Gold

XP:
    47,431xp
    It does kinda suck when you're with a group of European players and don't want to pay 100 bucks to play PVE. Just playing regulary PVP servers is still nice, but every PvP encounter flat out sucks due to the permanent 150ms of ping. I really hate having to avoid the entire canyons due to the players being undefeatable because they have better ping and the only area that has giants, thus also having the advantage of a diamond sword. We can't kill them or hunt them away from the canyons to kill giants because of our terrible ping :(
    ShayminPlays likes this.
  5. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    I'm able to fend off a fair few people at Hasa just fine. There's still some skill expression with EU ping, it's just lessened.
    ManHeadRambo likes this.
  6. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    You can get PvE access using subscriber for only $10/month!
    ShayminPlays likes this.
  7. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Useful to note!

After 10 months (100$) you will get platinum as well, meaning unlimited lifetime access to Premium features!
    ShayminPlays and Mistri like this.
  8. salTequilla Gold

XP:
    47,431xp
    With the 100 bucks I meant as a group; if it were $10/month to play as a group on PvE that'd be fine. But since we would mostly use it for the MineZ perks and hardly any other gamemodes, it's really not worth spending $10/month individually.
  9. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    If you cannot afford 10$/month but do have the time to create forum posts

Perhaps get a job idk

Furthermore, there's hardly any perks apart from the MineZ ones, I have paid a fair bit of money over the years for premium (and xp way back) and i think its been worth every penny, moreso than spending 60$ twice on AAA games i've played for a combined total of 50 hours
  10. Napte Gold

XP:
    256,340xp
    what am i reading man? server is totally unplayable for EU players lol
  11. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    It's playable for me and im located in NL but I quite honestly do not play enough anymore to have a full image of where the experience is lacking in general playability with regards to latency issues due to routing/distance to the server.

From the perspective of someone that incidentally plays MineZ for its PvE options and entertainment value I agree that the increased latency due to being* on US-based servers is mildly annoying at best and can cause severe issues at worst however I would not go ahead and say its totally unplayable for EU players.

A bigger more pressing issue that I have experienced while playing Annihalation for a couple of hours a while ago was the extremely common occurence of players using civbreak/fastbreak in annihalation while spamming chat with japanese texts.
    wincing likes this.
  12. wincing Gold

XP:
    40,051xp
    you dont need to spend $100 to play PVE, I spent $10 and I am on pve right now. As for pvp, 150-175ms is some of the best ping you can get for pvp if you learn to play with it. although there are downsides like delayed potting. As for everyone saying its unplayable for EU players, it sounds like to me that its pretty situational because I know plenty of EU minez players that still play, pvp, and do dungeons with no problem
  13. V4Vangelis Regular Member

XP:
    31,581xp
    im from greece and i play constantly with 300+ ping i go to hasa to get some water and supplies like some food and pots and i get jumped by a full iron and as soon as i start fighting him i spike to 700 ping and die instantly... like its literally unplayable we desperately need the eu server back so we can actually play the game....honestly i used to play minez back in the day and it was a lot more fun since i wasn't on constant 300 ping