1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

GG Overhaul Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marine_PvP, Oct 8, 2020.

GG Overhaul Update
  1. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    日本語, Español, Français, Русский, Deutsch

[IMG]

Hi everyone!

GG used to be a home of MineZ pvpers who wanted to warm up/practice PvP or simply wanted to have fun fighting other players without having to gear up. However, a few years later, the gamemode was abandoned due to not having active devs working on it and gamemode features being outdated over time, such as items and knockback system not synced to MineZ. Since I have joined the development team, I have been working on rewriting most of GG's code base and I am happy to finally announce that the new reworked GG is ready to be released!

RELEASE DATE & TIME
    October 10, 12:00 PM CST

October 10, 1:00 PM EST

October 11, 2:00 AM JST

GG will now get regular and small updates like our other gamemodes, and detailed changelogs will be posted in the below thread whenever an update is rolled to live.
    The changes that have been made before the full release are posted below.

DISCLAIMER: There might be missing or incomplete features and bugs since this is brand-new code, and I need your help in finding these bugs. Please report any bugs on the following bug report thread! Please also remember that no changes in this thread is final and is subject to change at any time.
    GG also has a gamemode specific rule, including a restriction of using alternate accounts.
    • Any form of xp farming is not allowed
    • You may not have more than one account logged on at the same time.
    i.e You may use an alt so you don't have to switch to your main account every time you want to play gg, but other than that, no alts are allowed whatsoever. This rule was made to list a few common alt abuse cases. Any other forms of alt abuse that give unfair advantage will result in a ban.
    Changelog
    • GG used to be the last gamemode that was still in 1.9 base, and is finally up-to-date with its version! It has been updated to 1.12.2 base
    • Complete rework of the knockback system. I think this knockback is very close to 1.7, and I will continue improving it as we playtest and get feedback.
    • Adjusted weapon damage
    • Remade PvP kit as the inventory organization and items were quite outdated.
    • Players now kit themselves by right clicking kit signs at spawn instead of using a /kit command
    • GG now has an economy. You can store, trade, and obtain valuables from various in-game events.
    • Enderchest has been added in spawn for storage purpose
    • Killing other players now drops the loot except their armor and despawns after 5 seconds.
    • You can now drop items, but dropped items will despawn after 5 seconds.
    • Arenas have been removed. We're now using a part of MineZ map with a radius of 1000 blocks.
    • Eating a food now heals half a heart
    • Bleeding and thirst have been removed
    • Added a scoreboard that displays useful information such as spawn tag timer and ping.
    • Improved spawntag wall system
    • Fixed a bug where item stack limiter does not work
    • Fixed a bug where players could use offhand
    • Grenade, splashs, and grapples now work same as MineZ
    • Premium ranks are now displayed in game and tab list.
    KOTH
    • KOTH has been added to GG! (/koth)
    • KOTH is an event where players try to control the cap zone for certain time. If one successfully caps a KOTH, they will be given a large amount of Shotbow XP and a KOTH key which can be used to open the enderchest in spawn to obtain valuables, such as stacked items or MineZ legendaries.
    • Currently there are one EU, one US, and one Asia/AU KOTH opening automatically every day. I am going to make a poll on the forum and the discord about KOTH schedules later.
    Healer Kit
    • I always imagined utility roles like healers being a more viable option in a combat. Unfortunately this isn't true on MineZ. I designed GG version of healer kit to achieve this goal.
    • Unlike heal kits on MineZ, GG's heal kit is designed in a combat way such that the cooldown between heals are lower and easier to use in a combat.
    • There are 4 types of heals. Regeneration(12s), Absorption(8s), Resistance(8s), Speed(15s). Each heal shares a cooldown but has a different cooldown.
    • Simply left click with a shear to change your heal type, and right click other players to give them buffs!
    • You can select healer kit by right clicking the kit sign in spawn
    • Healers wear full green leather armors, and has a permanent speed I effect.
    Final Words

My vision on GG is not just a MineZ PvP practice server, but also a gamemode that has objectives, goals, and (optional) competition. Just like KOTH, I am planning to add more events that players can compete and enjoy.

Since there are many new features introduced, balance changes will be a must. I do not believe the current system is perfectly balanced, and will start changing it as soon as we get a good amount of feedback from you guys.

By playing GG, you are also helping improve the knockback system, which is one of the biggest problems of the newer version of Minecraft gameplay. Give us a lot of feedback on the knockback on forum and Discord. Let's work together and one day we will be able to have a very nice, 1.7 like knockback

Before I end, I'd like to give a special thank you to Robert and Adam for doing a bunch of reviews of my work and wmn for building an awesome spawn and a KOTH for us!

I'll see you at the release!

Thank you for flying Shotbow
    - Marine

2. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    marine I could kiss you
  3. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
    Finally I can go #HealSquad on GG!
  4. Neoncrow Gold

XP:
    231,032xp
    *The FBI would like to know your location*
    Smartzz likes this.
  5. kbsfe Jr. Developer

XP:
    361,381xp
    sounds neat, should be interesting
  6. wincing Gold

XP:
    40,051xp
    gg marine this sounds sick
  7. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    New features & revamped gameplay :eek: all I can say is... GG
    Smartzz and wincing like this.
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    gg heal run
    111kittycat111 likes this.
  9. DJ_Pig Platinum

XP:
    119,943xp
    good work!
  10. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Now is it truly a gg?
  11. 111kittycat111 Platinum

XP:
    436,546xp
    FINALLY
    FINALLY
    wait the heal kit seems kinda silly
    but FINALLY
  12. Jonathan03011998 Artist

XP:
    12,532xp
    solid work, marine
    wincing likes this.
  13. suitaso Retired Staff

XP:
    454,738xp
    Hype :nerf:
    Mistri likes this.
  14. wincing Gold

XP:
    40,051xp
    It kinda reminds me of bard from hcf if you know how that works
  15. PhernKitten Platinum

XP:
    80,918xp
    #BringBackHellOnEarth
  16. Voymar Platinum

XP:
    92,295xp
    Good to see :D
    wincing likes this.
  17. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    GG gamemode specific rule has been updated to the following:

GG also has a gamemode specific rule, including a restriction of using alternate accounts.
    • Any form of xp farming is not allowed
    • You may not have more than one account logged on at the same time.
    • You may not use alt accounts for storage purpose. This will result in an inventory and storage wipe along with regular punishment.
    • The only possible form of alting is when you want to play GG without having to switch to your main account.
    i.e You may use an alt so you don't have to switch to your main account every time you want to play gg, but other than that, no alts are allowed whatsoever. This rule was made to list a few common alt abuse cases. Any other forms of alt abuse that give unfair advantage will result in a ban.
    wincing likes this.
  18. PhernKitten Platinum

XP:
    80,918xp
    if we were on shotbow discord you would be blacklisted by now for saying that, jokes are prohibited on the shotbow network bro
  19. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    If that were true, I'd be banned for existing
  20. Pixie___ Platinum

XP:
    191,265xp
    This looks Sick