1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Combat System(KB)

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Nasar, Oct 8, 2020.

Other - Combat System(KB)
?

Do you think PvP kb should be changed to the old kb?

Yes 102 vote(s) 87.9%
No 13 vote(s) 11.2%
I'd rather write my suggestion. 1 vote(s) 0.9%
  1. Nasar Guest

XP:
    xp
    Hi Annihilation community, I have seen a lot of players complaining about knockback because since it was changed to the actual one, each time that you fight a player he does not take KB. That's quite upsetting for those who actually enjoy pvping, basically you don't need to put effort on pvp in order to be good. My suggestion is to change it to the older one or Devs creating/coding a knockback where people can take KB(move) as I mentioned; S tap/strafing/W taping does not work with the actual knockback.

For Japanese Community:
    こんにちは、今日は現在のKBの問題点について話したいと思っています。今のKBに不満を持っているプレイヤーは数多くいます。なぜならKBが変更されて以来プレイヤーの受けるノックバックがランダムに近い状態になったからです。これの問題点はキータップなどを意識する必要がなくなったためプレイヤー個人のスキルを疎かにしてしまっています。例えばminezのプレイヤーはさまざまなテクニックを使用し相手プレイヤーをコンボします こういったプレイヤー達が培ってきた技術を無駄にしないためにも今のKBは変更されるべきでしょう.

For Spanish Speaking Community:
    El post se trata de hacer un cambio en el kb del pvp. Para esos que les gusta pvpear es muy molestoso el kb actual ya que nadie se mueve a menos que tengas el encatamiento del kb. Basicamente con el kb antiguo era posible S tapear/Strafe/W tapear, con el kb actual no es posible no se requiere esfuerzo para ser bueno con el kb actual. Les estoy sugeriendo al Staff Team y Dev team que creen un nuevo codigo en el que sea posible tapear o que simplemente cambien el codigo al antiguo.

For Dutch Speaking community:
    Hey Annihilation-community, ik heb veel spelers zien klagen over de knockback want sinds dat ze het recent verandert hadden, neemt de speler helemaal geen KB meer tijdens een gevecht. Dat is nogal triest voor degenen die echt houden van PvP. Je moet niet eens je best doen om goed te zijn. Mijn suggestie is dat ze het veranderen zoals het voordien was of de developers coderen een knockback waar mensen werkelijk KB nemen (bewegen) zoals eerder vermeld; S-tap/ strafen/ W tap werkt niet meer met de huidige knockback.
    Thank you for your time!
    S/O to Yowai for Japanese translate.
    Make sure to vote!
    #ChangeKB

2. jorn_p Platinum

XP:
    1,752,250xp
    ^^
    Nasar likes this.
  3. SoulKazeX Platinum

XP:
    695,395xp
    #ChangeKB
    Nasar likes this.
  4. Messsii Emerald

XP:
    1,963,814xp
    100%.
    Nasar likes this.
  5. frankivi Gold

XP:
    107,894xp
    Well said I agree 100%
    karabear04 and Nasar like this.
  6. Vietmyke Platinum

XP:
    1,580,191xp
    Mush!
    Nasar likes this.
  7. HoodUSN Platinum

XP:
    965,909xp
    Most of the time im beefing with rawr but Mika spiting facts no cap
    karabear04 and Nasar like this.
  8. XAN5 Guest

XP:
    xp
    Change KB !!
    Nasar likes this.
  9. rainyaw Platinum

XP:
    1,462,121xp
    si
    Nasar likes this.
  10. Shiwokov Emerald

XP:
    1,385,225xp
  11. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    While I don't think it is as bad as people say it is, a small change to make it a little more competitive might be nice.
    Nasar likes this.
  12. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
  13. hinanaw Emerald

XP:
    1,455,586xp
    +1
    Nasar likes this.
  14. Motumbo Emerald

XP:
    105,823xp
    Buena mika al fin te hiciste famoso!!!!:cool:
    Nasar likes this.
  15. Nasar Guest

XP:
    xp
    Yeah, that's totally my point, I want Anni to be competitive, it's not that hard to code a new knockback I highly doubt that. Anni has been made not just for gearing up, it was made for PvP.
    frankthree likes this.
  16. Hezusowo Emerald

XP:
    864,118xp
    #Oldkb
    Nasar likes this.
  17. Habassuhh Platinum

XP:
    935,133xp
    #ChangeKb
    Nasar likes this.
  18. Sevy13 Annihilation Co-Lead, BAC Co-Lead

XP:
    3,433,940xp
    Just to clarify, the base version upgrade changed kb. Our move to a 1.12 base was part of the server wide move to provide support for current versions of MC. When we first moved Anni to 1.12 pretty much everything you can think of broke, all class abilities, the scout grapple, soul bound items, pvp, kb, and the list goes on, just opening the enderfurnace would crash the server, not to mention the host of new bugs that appeared. We were more focused on these game breaking issues than the slight changes to knock back, and given that it's the thing being complained about it means we got the other things right.

I see people say "revert to 1.9 kb", there is nothing to revert to, this is a new version and it's going to take a lot of tweaking to get it right. For everything we tweak, 5 other things will be affected. "Then just use the new Minez kb" you say. Minez doesn't have have the same game mechanics as Anni, no kb 2 items, no wizard or ninja or thor, again not as simple as that unless you want ninja to deal 16 blocks of kb.

So we're working on it, and it will be some time before we are ready for a public test of the changes. What I'd like you to do in the meantime is post below how the current kb affects you, please be specific, e.g. "I can't knock rushers away from the nexus anymore", "I can no longer combo people", "W-taping no longer works", "It's ok but it's unreliable, sometimes people take kb and sometimes they don't".
    Think about what outcomes you are after, e.g. Hits should knockback consistently, Sprint hitting should knockback farther, Knockback swords should be viable but not OP, Combos should/shouldn't require a KB sword.
    The more specific feedback you can provide, the better we can try to incorporate everyone's input into the solution :)
  19. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    here's a short list:
    - only the first hit deals any "sort of" slight knockback, every consecutive hit after that is void / non-existent/ glued to the ground PvP.
    - non-skill based combat. The only form of skill you need now is to aim the cursor at the enemy.
    - there is no way for you as a defender to knock someone away from the nexus, not even as a means to break them ever-so-slightly.
    - knockback 2 is the only means to deal any kind of knockback
    - thor's axe has gone from decently useful to decently useless
    - ninja has good knockback
    - . . .

yeah knockback currently isn't what i'd call "ideal".
    Superbob1000, Nasar and TheLowPlayer like this.
  20. SoulKazeX Platinum

XP:
    695,395xp
    First of all I want to say that I'm really grateful for what it seems that community "shouts" has been finally listened although I have to say that It was really hard and would be good to improve the communication between the staff and players. ..

My thoughts about the current kb:

- It's random af, sometimes you do a decent kb (most of the times the first hit and then is like the player comes to you instead of producing kb, making impossible a normal combo). It's a pity I didn´t record a game in spookstal 1 day ago when one guy was doing a swap trap really close to the void and was impossible to push him because right now you cant move nobody, is so annoying and ridiculous .

- Due to this problem with kb, W - S tapping is pointless (which makes with the aim the only difference between a good pvper or not) because it doesn´t matter if you are w tapping because it feels like more hits you give closer he is (negative kb?).

- This problem with the kb doesn't only affect to a normal pvp 1vs1 or voiding people, when you are defending is impossible to push to the rushers away from the nexus and they keep and keep picking like nothing (they only have to maintain the aim).

I think It's all, thanks again for finally listen to us :) better late than never
    Nasar likes this.