1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Smash SMASH - Official Tournament

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Veghetto, Sep 13, 2020.

Smash - SMASH - Official Tournament
  1. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    [IMG]

Hello fellow SMASH-ers!

Today I bring you all a very special announcement regarding something we have been working on behind the scenes for quite a while now, and both I and the team are very excited to announce the first official SMASH tournament!

Tournament Registration
    For this tournament, we will be using a third party site to conduct registration, brackets, and match results. We have a nice, short link for everyone to get registered as quickly as possible; smash.gg/shotbow. Smash.gg has lots of tools which allow us to neatly represent rules and regulations, who the Admins are, and how they can be contacted for assistance if necessary. The brackets and seeding can easily be done through the site, which will make match-ups as smooth as possible for players.

Below is a short video which will show you how registration through smash.gg will look, along with a step-by-step guide.
    • Go to smash.gg/shotbow
    • Click on either of the registration buttons
    • Enter your "gamertag" which must be your in-game-name
    • Enter your preferred email, password, birthdate, and country (we will not be using these other than for your initial "account registered" email) I recommend putting your name as your IGN if possible, since your name shows up on the attendees list and is thus shown to others, as you see me do in the video.
    • Below it is also recommended to put your timezone, which you can do to ensure you are matched with a player from your timezone in the first match, and so we can compromise on schedules for further matches.
    • Lastly, solve the captcha and check off the two boxes. From there you are all ready to go for your matches! Any information displayed about times or what bracket you are in is not set in stone, and will change by October 1st
    • Youtube Video Link
    Important Dates
    Registration opens up today and will close on September 28th, 2020. Because we are unsure of how many players will choose to sign up for this event, the amount of pools and bracket settings must be modified after everybody has registered. We will be taking 2-3 days to do this behind the scenes, and the tournament will officially begin with all brackets and 1st round game times visible to the public by October 1st. However, this doesn't mean matches will begin on that date. We are hoping to conduct most matches in the evenings on Fridays-Saturdays throughout October so we don't conflict with players' or Admins' schedules. We are hoping to finish the tournament by the end of October, however this may change depending on how many players register.
    Matches will be run in a 1v1 format all the way through the tournament, however do note if there is an odd amount of players we may have to accommodate in some way.

Tournament Rules + Setup
    Smash.gg has all of the rules laid out on the homepage in a neat visual format, however I'll go over how everything will run here.

An Admin must be present at the time which your match is set to start, if an Admin is not present and you have not been given prior notice via discord, ingame/forum messages, or by email, feel free to ping myself or one of the other registered Admins listed on the homepage on discord in the #smash chat. The game will be carried out in a party match, with slightly modified itemsets. The Fishing Rod and the Extra Life items will be removed for this tournament, the timer is the standard 10 minutes, and lives is set to 3. Map selection will be done randomly by the host, although a few maps have been removed from our selection to ensure fair and competitive play. Once the match begins, the Admin will kill themselves 3 times via a command, it is important to not hit them during this time as that can influence how the final scoreboard will be. The winner will be whoever is left standing after the time is up, or in the case of both players having a life remaining, the scoreboard will decide who is the winner. Winners progress on to the next match at a scheduled time via smash.gg, and losers, well, lose.
    There is no best 2 out of 3 format, nor is there a losers bracket, it is simply a single 1v1 match to decide a winner (however we may look into doing things like this at a later date for further tournaments). Matches will also be recorded, and the final outcome through the scoreboard will be posted in the discord for everybody to see, and the smash.gg site will update shortly after the match concludes to show the winner.

Hacked clients and such are forbidden, and any form of cheating or bug abuse will result in a disqualification. Failure to show up within 10 minutes of your assigned time will also result in an automatic forfeit, and if both players fail to show up, we will do a coin flip to decide a winner. If a player disconnects or lags out during a match, we will decide how to proceed on a case-by-case basis.

Prizes
    ・1st Place: 1 Month Shotbow Subscription + 50,000 Shotbow XP
    ・2nd Place: 40,000 Shotbow XP

Please be sure to only register once, if you accidentally register multiple times or lose access to your account, please contact a Smash staff member through the discord or as a reply to this post.

A Note from the team
    This, to my knowledge, is the first event we've hosted like this before officially. There have been player hosted tournaments in the past, and we hope to live up to expectations of what an official tournament can be for the gamemode. We sincerely hope that this experience provides something fun for both new and veteran players.

In addition, we also have some more fun stuff cooking up behind the scenes which we hope the community will love, and we hope to continue growing as a community, and a gamemode.
    *Thank you to Admin jiren74 for the amazing banner used on the site and post!*
    Hollow_Leg, Maashg, Roquel and 14 others like this.

2. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Very cool. I wish the best of luck to everyone participating. Will the matches also be posted on youtube? Would be cool to watch the finale or maybe some sort of montage with the best kills or clips.
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  3. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    I do plan on posting some sort of compilation and perhaps getting a few of the final matches streamed :)
    Mohawk2 and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  4. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Sounds good. I'll definitely sign up if i have the time to play. Though i'm sure i'd get wrecked :D.
  5. naqare SMASH Lead

XP:
    1,733,182xp
    youll be alright, I won't be participating so your chances are increased by +500% :stuck_out_tongue:
    Goliac, ChickenMac7 and Axyy like this.
  6. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Count me in :)
  7. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    About to take a dub, gl to everyone tho
  8. 0rigin7 Obsidian

XP:
    765,329xp
    I think it will be held on Friday and Saturday at midnight Japan time, so I will participate as will. : D
  9. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    This sounds soooo fun! Good luck to everyone!
    Veghetto likes this.
  10. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    Please put a disclaimer that the Name you enter at registration is visible for everyone, this is just shotbow promoting doxing imo...
  11. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    "I recommend putting your name as your IGN if possible, as you see me do" Also didn't put my real name or email in the video either
  12. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    "recommend" != "this name is displayed by default for everyone!"
    Veghetto likes this.
  13. Outra Localization Lead, Events Team Lead

XP:
    908,509xp
    Nicee! Good luck all :)
    notswipe and Veghetto like this.