1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Annihilation's game-breaking flaw

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by kevory, May 24, 2020.

Suggestion - Annihilation's game-breaking flaw | Page 2
?

Yes?

Yes 26 vote(s) 78.8%
No 7 vote(s) 21.2%
  1. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    What if you want to play with 5+ people? you can't that's the point
    What if your clan plays and you were late to join? The point is to remove clans from casual play
    What if you wanna have a clan match but there are no other clans? In most games right now (or at least when I played 2 months ago), clans weren't fighting other clans, they were just fighting randoms. Having a system like this would actually be BETTER for making clan vs clan games because it would set up a time specifically for them to fight/practice daily.
    What if your party system makes randomizing team stacking a thing? I assume staff would make it not random but instead make you go to the team with the least players. I would also say that it would be better if they checked to make sure the team had room for all 4 members before letting anyone from the party join.
    What if server doesn't have the man power to provide private clan wars daily? They can hire more staff? I'm sure people like Maashg or other current clan leaders would be happy to do something like that because they already do that every Saturday. Also, they could make a plugin that did it automatically. Maybe clan leaders could use a /clan duel command or a /clan match command to create a match that automatically invites all online members of their clan?
    What if there are no clans that play with 10+ people every day? Ok maybe for this one I used hyperbole, but the point still stands. You only need a group of 6 or 7 people to make a game virtually impossible to win for casual/solo players and plenty of clans play with 6-7 people daily.

As for if they have read my post, I talked to Doc a couple months ago about trying to get in the habit of providing some type of feedback even just a thumbs up or "read" message, He said that was a good idea so I think that's another thing staff could work on.
    samcrystal likes this.

2. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    I would say that 50% or even more of the palyerbase are in clans or are experienced in the game. There is not 2 much space for casual players in anni. Or even just saying its 30%. This would mean you would destroy the game for 30% of the playerbase. Since we re not getting 8v8 back there wont be another sub gamemode either. Ppl who host a sandbox have to be trained admins keep that in mind and we wont see anymore new admins since there is probly no interest.
    Maashg is an organizer and I strongly doubt that bare clan leaders get admin like powers.
  3. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    Ok, and how has the current system been working in terms of growth?
    Mallowpuffs likes this.
  4. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    Another thing that I want to point out is that even if someone is extremely experienced, they can't win or even sway the game at all. If they are alone, they leave. If they join in phase 2, they know the other good players and follow them. I've seen it happen many times and it works over %90 of the time I know because I've followed other people and sat in base without moving for the whole game and won over 90% of my games since trying that.
    Mallowpuffs likes this.
  5. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    I wanna point out that I was able with only 1 other person to stop a whole 6 player clan. There are always ways to do something you just have to adapt.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  6. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    What did you do and what did they do. Sometimes groups just play fun games or try to p2. In fact, that's another reason why clan play should be changed; If a clan fails, they often leave the game and make their team lose.
  7. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    If your talking about some strategy like gearing up until p4 and getting potions to jump one dude on the other team and get his potions or something like that, that type of game play doesn't apply to players who don't know anyone (and don't know their usual strategies)
  8. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    You can defend every p2 with 4 iron players as long 1 has a gapple. I ve never seen a clan leaving after they failed. They usually only leave if there is a better voting. You jump to some really quick conclusion and make guesses.
    Yes you could make harming pots, build a defense, farm gappples, gett bb armor. Combine all those and you can counter almost everything
    JeTi_Brothers and Layhoun like this.
  9. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    Ok tf u gotta have 4 players. Gl making a gap or harming or BB armor lmao in p2.
  10. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    gl reading my message
  11. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    damn guess i need to go back to 3rd grade
  12. jorn_p Platinum

XP:
    1,752,250xp
    A gapple p2 isnt that hard man lol
    kevory likes this.
  13. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    indeed you basicially picked my words and put them in a random order
    kevory likes this.
  14. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    sheesh got straight bodied ngl
  15. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    good convo guys where do u go to delete a shotbow account?
  16. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    wait r u just stalking my posts? ur the dude who thought knockback makes u get more double hits too lmao
  17. samcrystal Regular Member

XP:
    8,390xp
    no, nothing changed, but i agree that randomizing teams is a good idea.
  18. lPirlo Event Team Co-Lead, Mini Admin

XP:
    471,058xp
    We still waiting an answer
  19. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    We got the 8v8 system the last time this type of thing was suggested, but it functioned differently from the standard Annihilation match and thus split development time for the gamemode. It also had its own specific 8v8 map, effectively cutting it off from all previously made community content. As much as Shotbow wants to expand, you cannot do that without a player base to support it.

Scheduled games are also already organized, often with special rules applied such as 'no water no lava', 'resource tweaking', 'class restrictions', '30 minute victor',

Go have fun. Clan's are the largest parts of the community if you didn't let them organize freely the game will suffer considerably, the English speaking side would probably get record low turnout.

If you are really getting shut down in phase 2 by 10 full irons, then you probably don't have a wide access to the classes available. I suggest buying Tinkerer. With that one class you can move tool and weapon enchantments from lower teir items to higher ones, while dropping enchantments you don't like. You also can synergize with other classes to make 'tinker tank' builds that are nearly impenetrable to P2 attacks, and all on a solo budget.
    It also supplies cheap buffs to bum rushing teleporters and streamlines base defense at no lasting cost to you. It's simply one of the best classes in the game when used right.

If you want to compete on a macro level, start making a clan. Research leadership do's and don'ts & find out how to win.
    If you want to play on a micro level, don't aim to win, aim to kill one other team or to steal resources. If you do it, you completed your goal. Your goal as a single player should rarely be to win the game outright- you have little control over that.
  20. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    If anyone still thinks kb is a bad enchant, you play a different game ngl