1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Smash SMASH MAP BUILDING CONTEST

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dLeMoNb, Jul 3, 2020.

Smash - SMASH MAP BUILDING CONTEST
  1. FullAdmin Japanese Community Manager

XP:
    2,042,218xp
    Deutsch | 日本語版

Hello everyone!

How's everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing good regardless of the world-wide struggle from the damage caused by the recent virus epidemic.

Please be careful and take care of yourselves in these uncertain times.

Map Building Contest
    I would like to present to you the Map Building Contest.

We will be holding a map building contest during the summer for SMASH. Map size will be limited to 100x100. You only can use blocks from 1.12.2. Go ahead and build as you please!

Please do not use any special textures. Only default textures will be accepted. Please use Imgur, Youtube, Lightshot, or Gyazo to upload your videos/screenshots.

Contest Period
    Now until July 31, 23:59 UTC

Contest Registration
    Please reply to this forum thread with the map builders IGN, and videos/screenshots of the map.

How to vote
    We will use the forum voting system.
    We will decide winners by vote.
    There will be rewards depending on placing.
    If you build a map with a friend or as a group and place 1st, everyone in the group will receive the reward. 2nd and 3rd places will split the reward.

・1st Place: 1 Month Shotbow Subscription + 50,000 Shotbow XP
    ・2nd Place: 50,000 Shotbow XP
    ・3rd Place: 25,000 Shotbow XP

A player may only vote once. Please refrain from using alts to submit multiple votes to the contests. If we find out a player has used alts, we will invalidate all votes by that player, and that player will no longer be able to participate in the contest. And if this player had submitted a map, that map will be taken out of the contest. Thank you for your understanding.

2. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Mohawk2 and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  3. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    You could submit them again for the contest, although if you wanted both builders to get credit, you could only submit one then.
    Axyy likes this.
  4. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Do I have to create a new map sumission thread or can I just put the link of the current map submission thread on here including the builder IGN's?
  5. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    Just a link and builder list is fine
  6. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
  7. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I wonder if 1 month of sub is really more worth it than coming second and getting 50k xp
  8. _BrightDarkness_ SMASH Mini Admin

XP:
    2,175,984xp
    I'd take the 50k XP before the 1 month sub.
    ChickenMac7 and FullMetal0nion like this.
  9. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    Quite sure the 3rd price is better than first. It would be wiser to up the first price to either 50k + subscription, or 75-100k without subscription. You don't want people to go for 2nd place right?
    dLeMoNb, jiren74 and ChickenMac7 like this.
  10. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    Well, looks like I might be doing some building. Also, like others have stated, second and third place prize seems better than first, first place should have the 1 month sub AND 50K XP.
    dLeMoNb and jiren74 like this.
  11. FullAdmin Japanese Community Manager

XP:
    2,042,218xp
    I made a reward modification, please check it out again
  12. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    That looks better! Good luck, SMASHers/builders!
  13. funny_1_too_123 Regular Member

XP:
    13,850xp
  14. funny_1_too_123 Regular Member

XP:
    13,850xp
    Hey again, where can I add the poll function, I can't find it anymore. Kind regards!
  15. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    I was wondering how Magma Blocks affect the player in smash? Are they similar to cactus in regards to damage value or...? I was also wondering if digging/breaking is related to blast resistance at all. For example, digging through dirt or sandstone is much easier than cobblestone.
  16. sandstoner Platinum

XP:
    131,928xp
    It's a shame that it's limited to 100x100, would've been cool to see someone rebuild the bridge of eldin from super smash bros but 100x100 wont make the cut
    Tannatron likes this.
  17. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    Magma blocks are similar to cacti, they just damage the player over time (In SMASH's case it increases %)
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  18. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp

We do have something similar to that in the form of Walkway

The poll will be in a seperate post once the deadline is met so that people who entered earlier don't get an advantage; thanks for participating!
    funny_1_too_123 likes this.
  19. sandstoner Platinum

XP:
    131,928xp

I can see why walkway has some similarities, but it doesn't play the same way as the eldin map should in my opinion
  20. funny_1_too_123 Regular Member

XP:
    13,850xp

Thanks for clarification :)