1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Industrialist

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Ichir0san, May 17, 2020.

Class Suggestion - Industrialist
  1. KKtachi Regular Member

XP:
    12,776xp
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

You are the work force.
    Supply your allies with tools & machinery
    for higher efficacy.

Passive traits:
    -Furnaces placed by the Industrialist smelt 3x faster. They are removed on class switch.
    -When crafting a sword, tool or armor, there is a 20% chance not to consume materials.

Ability: Supply Network designator (Redstone repeater icon):
    -Can "connect" two chests across the map allowing your teammates to submit and retrieve items from both sides. (A type of team-enderchest).
    -If one of the chest are broken, both chests & all the items inside of them will be eliminated.

This class is designed for those who like to mine stacks of ores & build automatic smelters to support their team :D.

2. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    First passive is cool. Not sure if 3x smelt speed isn't overpowered (for every furnace), especially for gold (ok, specifically for gold).

I kind of like the second passive, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's OP or not. Not losing a couple diamonds may or may not make or break a game. I dunno, could be interesting (maybe if it had a chance of not consuming each item rather than all materials at the same time, with reducing effect per material?).

Active ability when is this gonna be added in? I don't mind the second effect that deletes every item if a chest is broken, but only if that chest is broken by an enemy. It should maybe SPLIT THE ITEMS if broken by a teammate (my thought here was so that you can't have a friend break the chest before an enemy and save all the items) and DROP EVERY ITEM if broken by an enemy. That way, the enemy benefits the most from breaking it.

I definitely want more team-based classes, so this class would be pretty cool to see!
  3. KKtachi Regular Member

XP:
    12,776xp
    Maybe we could reduce chance depending of the type of material like 20% for Iron & 15% for Diamond.
  4. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    While I think that you put decent effort behind the class, I do not currently support the idea. I think annihilation has a lot of problems right now that require attention first and I feel like this class just doesn't feel like a good fit for the gamemode. The class will only get used to smelt ores quickly and then change class again, furthermore I think that a connecting chest is just too overpowered. Taking over a midbase to get loot etc is all part of the game and what makes it fun. This would enable players to straight up send everything they don't need to their base without risking the items. While you balance this out by breaking both chests upon destruction of a single chest I do not feel like this fixes it. This can be really frustrating and as I said I think having chests over diferent parts of the map and going back to base with your loot are all parts of the game that should stay like that.

I do think it is great to support your team and that you designed a class for that though. Recently I ran into some players that made a few hoppers and set up a smeltery at base like that. Isn't too hard to do, greatly helps your team and seems to be the core idea behind this class as well, it just doesn't speed it up anyfurther and I don't think that that is necessary either. I'd suggest trying the hopper smeltery if you want to supply your team in the future! :)
    Ganzatron likes this.