1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Suggestions for Some Classes

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Maashg, Apr 6, 2020.

Suggestion - Suggestions for Some Classes
  1. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Hi Annihilation community i have some suggestions for some classes. Please tell me what do you think about them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Alchemist
    - Remove tier 3 strength and speed potion. Make all 3 leveled potions 2 leveled but longer time (for ex: speed II but 120 seconds).

New Alchemist made defence is impossible and kinda ruined the game i think. Anni become pot pvp now.

Assassin
    - Buffs should be 8 seconds.
    - Every kill should decrease 10 seconds cooldown.
    - Maybe Haste 1 to leap buffs? Basically, old Assassin.

Assassin become only rush class. People don't use it in general. With the these changes i think it can be common to use in general.

Bard
    - Change the music effect back to first one (just like in this video).

As you can see in the video, in 2015 Bard's note effect was awesome and much more cool. Right now it is really bad.

Defender
    - Every nexus damage by enemy should heal you (1 hp).

Defense against huge diamond group is near to unstoppable in Anni, by this change defense can be much more easier against the groups.

Farmer
    - New item: Storage
    Every 90 seconds the item opens a chest and gives random some items just like Alchemist's Tome. The items are: bone meal (32-45), potato, carrot, seed, beetrot (8-16) and water bucket.

Sometimes someone destroys the farms or in maps like Solumque someone removing the water so these things are really annoying for farming. This change can make the farming possible even someone raided your base before.

Riftwalker
    - After riftwalking, everybody should get weakness III for 16 seconds and slowness II for 10 seconds.
    - (or maybe?) When you rifted, you should be frozen for 3 seconds on the place where you rifted.

Riftwalker rush is so OP. Maybe the rushers should get Bard's debuffs after riftwalking. These change not just gonna nerf Riftwalker rush, it will also nerf when you almost killed an enemy enemy's teammate helping him with a lot of people by opening rift to him, or the raids like when you are mining an enemy see you and tell his friends "open rift someone in the mine" and you get killed by 5 people etc.

Sniper
    - Sniper shoots should have a different soundtrack (blaze hit).

More cool effect for the Sniper shoots! It makes the class more cool and when you hear it you can understand someone is sniping.

Transporter
    - We should be able to place a slab block on the TP.
    - When we used the TP, we should be invis and enemy should not be able to hit us just like was in 1.7 Anni.

Because TP is so weak and it gets destroyed so easily. That so annoying (You will still able to use the TP even there is a slab on it). About the second suggestion, it was already exists in 1.7 Anni but i don't know why it is not now in current Anni. TP farming become very common.

Wizard
    - When we right or left click, there should be purple effect (Witch) around the wand.
    - Mining fatigue level should be 2.

First suggestion just makes Wizard looks much more cool. You can left click 2 times for the effects then right click. It will be look like a real Wizard shakes the wand. Second one is i believe the Freeze ability is so weak, only works for stopping nexus breaking. In old times the mining fatigue was 3 so it was useful for the PvP. Since current PvP is slower than 1.7, at least it can be mining fatigue 2.

Thanks for reading! Please tell me your thoughts about them! :heart:
    Maashg
    Celariel and Nachaves like this.

2. Infekterade Platinum

XP:
    140,024xp
    I think the TP being weak is fine. It's been like that for years now. It would be very annoying if a TP was so well hidden that no one at all could see it.
    RIP_Kobe, supOllama and Ranger_Elite like this.
  3. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Hmm maybe we should able to break a TPwith a pickaxe just like Bard's buffbox. Instead of right-click.
    What do you think about other suggestions? :)
    supOllama likes this.
  4. Ranger_Elite Gold

XP:
    54,321xp
    Bard, Defender, Sniper and Farmer suggestions I agree with
    Maashg likes this.
  5. Untached Regular Member

XP:
    57,134xp
    Defender is already too strong as it is, as it is easy to hold off rushers and force them back with the constant regeneration and the extra hearts. I can send you clips in case you disagree.

Farmer already has too many items in its hotbar, I reckon that the feast and famine ability should be on one item but you can change the effect when you left click it, like with bows on sniper class, and maybe all the tools also be on one slot but be interchangeable like with engineer, only this time they are all wooden so that engineer still has an advantage.

Rift walker should stay the same as it basically has no other uses than rushing and it is pretty balanced with that as a riftwalker can only carry 3 other people. Also rift walker has a hefty cool down once you use it for its max potential, making teams wait quite a bit after rushes just to rift to another base, this also leaves the riftwalker useless as now they have no abilities during the cool down, making them inferior to almost every class.

TP should stay the same as it allows for the whole team to go through one portal, it is up to the team to hide it and secure it as best as possible.

The effects around other classes are very cool but we should be careful with bard as if there are too many bards at mid then it could cause some people to have a loss in performance around mid or other bard heavy places.

Good suggestions and nice thread, thanks Maashg!
    Ranger_Elite and Maashg like this.
  6. Ranger_Elite Gold

XP:
    54,321xp

I WANT this. It's very annoying having to reorganize my hotbar for different situations. the interchangeable tools especially and famine/feast ability being one item would be excellent!
    supOllama likes this.
  7. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    I like to start with the last statement of this quote, which I almost completely agree with. The class is unpurposely pushed towards a rush class in the time where it was changed to a completely different class and then back to the initial class (thought it was somewhere in 2015-2016). In the revert back to the old class, the class lost its only beneficial part of being a true assassin: The cooldown reduction per kill (-8 seconds per kill fyi). This is what caused many players to only use it for rushes (I was stubborn and continued to use it as a 'true' assassin, with varying effects seeing the meta, which is a whole different story).

So lets start with something I lately told some old (shotbow) friends:
    "Release Assassin was broken"
    Misplays caused the class to look weak. For instance, common mistakes where:
    1. People using leap to win time, causing them to have it on cooldown while attacked by people, dying because they were a civillian.
    2. Basic leaping mistakes: holding items in leap, landing in predictable spots, etc

These mistakes made the class look weak. However, after some people put in a lot of time and effort in it, it turned out that assassins could carry games, there were even some moments where assassins did multileaps by getting to many kills in a short time.
    Also at the time, it became clear that haste made the class an insane rushing class, even with a wooden pickaxe, so that is why I am going to say:
    - Do NOT give Assassin haste!
    This was actually the first ever nerf (of many!) this class recieved.
    Before I am going to talk further about the 2nd point of Maashg, I am first going to deal with the first one.

Seeing the first statement, it actually makes sense at first sight, and at first I would instantly agree with Maasgh. However, after thinking why the 6 seconds is there, I came to the conclusion it had to be doing with a nerf towards the rush-assassin. So after thinking how to buff the assassin-Assassin, without buffing the rush-only-Assassin, I came to the following conclusion:
    - Extend the Speed 1 and arrow-protection to 8 seconds, but keep the invis at 6 seconds.
    This will help in combat, but will not help that much sneaking around people in a nexusarea.

Now moving to the second suggestion, it will simply cause the class to be strong. As it will make a 'fed' Assassin a leaping monster. So I am going to combine it with a new suggestion:
    - Every kill decreases the cooldown with 4 or 5 (I am not sure which is best) seconds.
    New: Every kill gives Speed 1 and arrow-protection for 2 seconds (Does NOT stack).

This last addition will hopefully make Assassin more valuable at mid, as that is the main place it has always struggled.
    I want to mention that these are only suggestions from a former Assassin OTP, and I hope it will inspire people.
    Furthermore, I want to thank Maasgh for the effort of trying to think of rebalances for classes, there are quite some creative thoughts in the other classes, I hope others can review these for him.
    Ranger_Elite likes this.
  8. Ranger_Elite Gold

XP:
    54,321xp

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

the NEW ability should refresh the speed 1 and arrow protection if you get a kill while its active.
  9. opalescent_squid Regular Member

XP:
    3,477xp
    To be honest I think these changes would be awesome and would really help appeal towards the playerbase, but i have one question. Whats the point of changing bards particles if they are just for design
    Maashg likes this.
  10. Ranger_Elite Gold

XP:
    54,321xp

Quality of life changes i guess. Sometimes when the boombox is in between several blocks, its hard to find it.
    Maashg likes this.
  11. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    It is just a design suggestion, it won't change anything in the game but i think it looks much better.

Btw thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts about them :heart: