1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Shotbow 1.12.2 Base Version

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    English
    Greetings! Today, we are announcing that starting on Monday, March 30, all connetions to Shotbow will be limited to 1.12.2 clients only. This means that, for the time being, you can only connect with 1.12.2.

Why is this happening?
    We are slowly but steadily changing our games to a 1.12.2 base version, in order to enable more modern clients to connect, more stability, and more variety of blocks and items in the game.

This is starting with MineZ, which will be tested in the next few weeks on our 1.12.2 PTR. The rest of our games will remain on a 1.9 base, but will support 1.12.2 connections until they are updated to a 1.12.2 base version. This will enable us to fix bugs more quickly because there will be no cross-version debugging required.

As always, our games will continue to support our custom-coded pre-1.9 PvP while still delivering a new Minecraft experience that everyone can enjoy.

Stay tuned for more updates during these troubling times. Stay safe, stay indoors, and thanks for flying Shotbow!

日本語
    こんにちは! 本日我々は、 3月30日、月曜日より、Shotbowへの全ての接続が1.12.2 クライアントからに限定されるという事をお知らせ致します。この事はつまり、皆様のShotbowへの接続も1.12.2を用いたものに限定されるという事です。

なぜこのような変更を行うのでしょうか?
    我々は、少しずつですが確実に、我々のゲームを1.12.2をベースとした物へと変更して行きます。
    この目的としては、より最近のクライアントからの接続を可能にする事、ゲームをより安定させる事、更により多くのブロックやアイテムを利用可能にする事が挙げられます。
    最初の変更はMineZで行われます。今後数週間の間に、1.12.2 PTRにおいて新しいバージョンがテストされます。その他のゲームは1.9バージョンのままですが、1.12.2バージョンにアップデートされるまでの間、1.12.2からの接続もサポートします。この事により、バージョン変更に伴うデバッグが必要なくなるので、我々はより早くバグ修正を行う事ができます。
    これまでと同様に、我々のゲームはカスタムされた1.9以前のPvPをサポートしつつ、新しいMinecraftの要素を皆様に楽しんでいただける形で導入していきます。
    我々のアップデートに関する情報を今後もお待ち下さい!
    世界では大変な状況が続いていますが、皆様も安全に気を付け、家の中で過ごしましょう。
    いつもShotbowで遊んで頂きありがとうございます!

2. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    NICEEEE!!!!
    Fluffoon likes this.
  3. Bindpoint Platinum

XP:
    263,519xp
    that's a gg!
  4. xaviplayer Gold

XP:
    1,773,237xp
  5. _5ex_ Silver

XP:
    315,628xp
    I dont think this update is nice.
    that's because this update only decrease the number of hackers.
    And this gives us worse performance than 1.9 to play game.
    tleese, Clip, ibutakepvp and 2 others like this.
  6. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I'm not sure 1.9 has better performance than 1.12.2, 1.12.2 is one of the most stable versions of the game. And this is a major step forward as being stuck on a 4 year old version of the game WITHOUT even having the advantage of 1.8 pvp is completely pointless.
  7. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,053xp
    Im not sure that 1.9 nor 1.12 is better than the other. They only big change would be going backwards to 1.7 which they stated they will never do, so any version advancement is purely mechanic related and will hardly effect client-side gameplay smoothness. Most people just like a certain version because they have mods for that version.
  8. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Every new Minecraft version comes with performance updates, especially 1.12. This includes server performance and client performance. While not incredibly noticeable, small stuff changes, such as chunk loading.
    Ian8705, _Swipe, Mohawk2 and 5 others like this.
  9. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,053xp
    That is not exactly true. Client side performance is based off of your pc. 1.10 has better performance than 1.7 generally but it uses quite a bit more RAM. So if you have a very small amount of RAM 1.7 might be better. There is many factors when determining which version is the best such the pack your playing, and what you're doing in the world(high entity counts, many loaded chunks etc). Each version (and to a lesser extent modpack) will be affected differently by these factors.
  10. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Performance update doesn't necessarily mean performance improvement, to be fair. 1.13 is probably the best example of this, which added asynchronous chunk loading, but was also a laggy and buggy mess. That update is infamous for just how bad it was. 1.12 is a good update, and I think 1.15 got most of those issues resolved, but not every update is faster than the previous ones.
    _Swipe and Davidss10001 like this.
  11. phos07 Regular Member

XP:
    4,228xp
    BTW 中文 is not Japanese. It is chinese.
  12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Yikes, so sorry! That's my fault. Fixed!
    Tank_Nascar and ArsMagia like this.
  13. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    Yeah, I'm betting that's why they chose to update to 1.12 instead of to 1.13. I won't be surprised if they update directly to the newest version in the future, skipping more buggy versions like 1.13 and 1.14.
    cyclone_43 likes this.
  14. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    Will allowing the newest version players join come soon? I feel like that could really help playercount as most people are on the newest version if they aren't on 1.8, so they would no longer have to change their version to play SB (as well as allowing the people who don't know how to change their version play).
    _Swipe likes this.
  15. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    You better start fixing annihilation 1.12 glitches before people quit lol
  16. samare_144 Platinum

XP:
    1,661,569xp
    I love old indian
  17. Skelle_Bones Regular Member

XP:
    178xp
    When Will MTA Be Playable
  18. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Which ones?
  19. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    Personally, I see the update to 1.12 to be a step in the right direction. Hopefully, that will make it easier to produce innovative content and to support both new and existing players.
    Mistri likes this.