1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion MineZ Legendary Ideas Part 1

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by ShayminPlays, Jan 13, 2020.

Suggestion - MineZ Legendary Ideas Part 1
?

Which of the Legendaries from this thread would you most like to see in the game?

Predator 6 vote(s) 66.7%
Petricite Crown 2 vote(s) 22.2%
Mutant's Crossbow 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    If you're not familiar with Legendaries in MineZ, they're basically items (mainly weapons and armour) that have effects differing from a standard vanilla item of that type. Good examples to showcase these custom effects would be Agni's Fury, a bow which strikes lightning where the arrow you fire landed, or Corsair's Edge which is an Iron Sword that deals the damage of a Diamond Sword+1 provided the opponent is wielding a Diamond Sword. Stuff like this really fascinates me and I love pretty much everything to do with Legendaries. I think the concept is amazing, and although many Legendaries are bad or outright useless, the effects are just so cool that it's worth messing around with them. They're a great collectors item and can shake up the PvP and Dungeon metas in interesting ways.

The reason why I am so gripped by MineZ Legendaries is because they were the reason I got into the MineZ Community in the first place. When I discovered Legendaries on the Wiki I knew I had to try and get my own, so I went to Maze of the Tenth and got the Helmet of Vision from there. That was all well and good, but I wanted more! And so began my quest to find a dungeon group that could help me complete these dungeons and obtain these Legendaries. These were basically my first steps into the MineZ community, and it all kinda went from there.

I'd like to celebrate MineZ's Legendary items with some of my own custom ideas. These are all ideas, not thoroughly balanced, though I'd be absolutely overjoyed if any of these ideas somehow made it into the game when Origins is released. I have about 21 Legendary suggestions in total to share, but I want to post my ideas in waves as to not overwhelm people. It also gives me some room to explain the Legendaries' functionalities, my ideas and inspiration behind them, and some other cool facts I might want to share. Without further ado, let's look at a few:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREDATOR

ITEM: Chain Helmet
    EFFECT: Wearer's name can only be seen by other players within 16 blocks.

This would be a PvP Legendary used for stealth. It would be able to hide your character's name regardless of whether you're sneaking or not provided you were 16 blocks or more away from another player. This is useful for stalking prey because you will be able to hide behind trees and buildings without having to sneak - essentially meaning you can keep up with people you're chasing without having to slow yourself down in order to remain stealthy.

The Helmet is called "Predator" because it's based off of the idea of a predator silently stalking its prey, for example a leopard hunting a wildebeest.

PETRICITE CROWN

ITEM: Iron Helmet
    EFFECT: Negates the effect of other Legendary items on the wearer.

Wearing the Petricite Crown will prevent you from being affected by the effects of any other Legendary. It will prevent you from losing durability to Therum's Strength, or prevent the Slowness from hitting someone with a Binding Helmet. This may prove useful in fights where people bring powerful Legendaries, but it will also mean that you will be unable to wield most other Legendaries yourself! Using the Vampyr, Lone Sword or Ninja Sandals to name a few will prove futile while you have the Petricite Crown equipped.

The name "Petricite Crown" is inspired by a mystical metal from League of Legends called "petricite", which absorbs and traps any magical energy in the area.

MUTANT'S CROSSBOW

ITEM: Bow
    EFFECT: Arrows cannot critically strike unless the wielder is in the air when fired, but critical hits deal 100% more damage.

To understand the functionality of this Legendary we must first look at how bows actually work. When you charge a Minecraft bow it will deal more damage and fly further depending on the charge. When fully charged, a bow will "critically strike" which is why fully charged arrows leave a trail of crit particles.

This Legendary would prevent the arrows from critically striking at full charge, reducing their damage by a minor amount, unless the wielder was in the air via jumping or knockback. If the wielder IS in the air the arrow will critically strike and also cause the arrow to deal twice as much damage as a normal bow, meaning it would deal more damage than a Power II. It's up to you to decide whether the potential loss of accuracy is worth the bonus damage.

The name "Mutant's Crossbow" is inspired by the old "Mutant Creatures" mod by thehippomaster21. In this mod there is a mob called the Mutant Skeleton which will drop an armour set when killed. This armour set will prevent your arrows from critically striking unless you are in the air, but provides buffs such as Speed and Jump Boost. This Legendary is an adaptation of this idea - after all it would be completely busted if you could gain Speed just from holding a bow in your hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That wraps up my list of the first few Legendary ideas I have to share with you guys. There are more to come, so make sure you keep an eye out for threads with a similar name to this one. If you enjoyed this, take your time to vote in the poll on which of these ideas are your favourite. Also if you have any Legendary ideas you'd like to share you can post them below or check out 66tee's thread here:

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

IvanDoomy and Pichu2002 like this.

2. oliverdule Regular Member

XP:
    24,909xp
    F for jinx
    ShayminPlays likes this.
  3. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp
    Honestly, I could care less about legendaries. There's already so many in the game, a lot of which are basically useless. Either replace those completely or make them work differently. I'm specifically referring to those such as the Robber's Blade and Meteor Rain. I don't really want to see more legendaries added on top of the lackluster ones we have right now.
  4. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

:eek: but Robber's Blade best legendary
  5. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Superfluous. Lots of legendaries aren't viable currently, lots of dungeons are huge timesinks to prepare for, and both dungeons and legendaries only appeal to an incredibly small subset of the community obsessed with dungeons and legendaries. Additionally, some dungeons are broken as well. They also just remove features without alternatives(eye of ender), or remove purely superficial features(crafting fireworks), or even just squander time balancing uselessly. It really speaks to how shallow the remaining volunteers are for this network, it's understandable though, since they are just volunteers that are bullied by the community, and a bodyshield for those who profit from the network.
  6. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    If you haven't voted in the poll already, make sure to do so! I'll be putting up the next thread in a few days, and once I've revealed all my Legendary ideas the best-voted ones from each thread will be put to one final vote so that you guys can choose your favourite Legendary out of all my custom ones!
  7. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp

You should have put a "none" option.
  8. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    We don't need more legendaries, we need more actual dungeons and game content to even consider putting them in the game.

Your ideas are not bad, its just that at the current moment there is little need for them since there isn't any room in the gamemode to be able to implement them.
    Ian8705, ShayminPlays and Oraceon like this.
  9. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp

Map expansion
    Ian8705, Tannatron and ShayminPlays like this.
  10. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

Remember that this is all theorycrafting. I agree that there needs to be dungeons before more Legendaries are implemented. This thread assumes that these Legendaries I'm suggesting would have a dungeon to accommodate them.
  11. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Ya honestly I wouldnt mind more area to the west and east since the current fast travel system albeit endgame is farmed relatively easily once you get the ingredient (I think it should stay that way)
    ShayminPlays and Oraceon like this.
  12. plusouplus Ruby

XP:
    2,080,477xp
    We dont need more legendary items, we just need a balance on those existing so i would add noone of the 3 u submitted tbh
    LaukNLoad and cyclone_43 like this.
  13. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp