1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon September 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Sep 1, 2019.

Dentril's New Moon September 2019
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    [IMG]

Hey Shotbow! Happy September. My name is Mistri and I'm your host for this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon.

Updates
    Network Updates
    Over the past few weeks, we have noticed some major lag spikes on Shotbow, and while we don't have a fix quite yet, we're working hard to resolve these lag spikes. We're just as frustrated as you are with this, and we hope you be patient along with us as we work on fixing this for everyone. Thanks!

MineZ Updates
    Earlier this month, halowars91 released a teaser update for MineZ: Origins, which we hope you enjoyed. If you haven't taken a look yet, check it out here!

This month, there were also two minor updates to MineZ. These updates are added in realtime to the MineZ Update Changelog which can be found here.

Mine Theft Auto Updates
    This month, Mine Theft Auto received a much deserved balance update! More info can be found on the announcement thread at this link.

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The summer season is in session, so rack up that ELO quickly before it's over! The current standings are:
    • 1st - Cometcat13 (1201)
    • 2nd - _BrightDarkness_ (1177)
    • 3rd - Acstes (1107)
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards for August 2019
    Combat:
    • 1st - CheatingGamer KDR: 65:0 (65.0)
    • 2nd - MichizaneAG KDR: 45:1 (45.0)
    • 3rd - Shizuruchia KDR: 37:0 (37.0)
    Arrests:
    • 1st - ___Hopeless___ Arrests: 35.0
    • 2nd - TitusX_MC Arrests: 24.0
    • 3rd - WindyGrass Arrests: 13.0
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - ___Hopeless___ Experience gained: 46704.0
    • 2nd - MESLEG Experience gained: 39026.0
    • 3rd - Hingay Experience gained: 33219.0
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - Viral333 Minigames won: 107.0
    • 2nd - ___Hopeless___ Minigames won: 39.0
    • 3rd - Hyrules42 Minigames won: 28.0
    Network in General
    Statistics:
    • A total of 64,147,250 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 680 players banned in the last month
    • This month, we reached a peak playercount of 350 on August 31
    Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon. Stay tuned for more updates throughout the month, and see you next time!

2. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    This lag has been a problem for a very long time. Long enough that I have questioned the efficiency of the staff to resolve issues. Im aware that the staff are volunteers, but even so, you have an obligation to do what you signed up for and get things done. I want to make it clear that i'm not trying to bash staff for the sake of being toxic like many people here do. I am simply pointing out that progress is being made at an incredibly slow rate. I am not entirely sure how to fix this, as I don't know all of the behind the scenes work that goes on. My only suggestion would be to set internal deadlines to aim for.

Say for example a charity was established to serve the homeless food. If the place isn't consistently clean and the food doesn't get served until hours after most other shelters serve food, the charity is failing to uphold what they set out to do. While shotbow isn't a charity, the team has a set of standards to uphold as a network. I get that you are all volunteers, but the job isnt getting done properly or in a timely matter.

Ghostcraft is a great example of another problem on this network. After failing to become a sustainable gamemode, it was reintroduced despite it failing once. As such, it failed again. The decision making process lacks practicality and is not player driven. I understand that there are certain times where things need to be disabled/removed without asking for the communities input. Those occasions should be a rare occurrence. The more they occur, the more backlash will result. I recommend solely implementing community suggestions. If you want to suggest new content, that is fine. But make sure to be getting a majority of the communities support first.

Edit: I DMed a lead admin on the fourms regarding obtaining the rewards from the last annihilation tourney and have yet to get a response. The post was sent on August 3rd. All I could tell was done was Murgatron being added to the DM. This furthers my points mentioned above.

Key takaways
    - Re-evaluate your standards as a network
    - Do what it takes to have progress made faster (such as internal deadlines)
    - Don't stray from what the community has explicitly asked for.
  3. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Slack. Roadmaps. Leadership Positions. Discord. Announcements. Sneak Peaks. What more do you want?
    While slightly selfish, I agreed with most of your takeaways.
    Not doing what the community dictates is the point of having leadership, to separate the good ideas from the bad ideas, because both types of ideas come from the same place. And even further, bad ideas applied in a different place can actually be beneficial.
    All in all leveling platitudes and complaints at the admins for their work, that is out of necessity their hobby, for not doing as well as you think they should will just lead to burnout. The only way I can think of to truly help Shotbow is with money.

Yeah, right. Good luck with that one.