1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Disable nether portal use in enemy territory

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by StormAerospace, Jun 17, 2019.

Suggestion - Disable nether portal use in enemy territory
  1. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    The class change nether portals are egregiously abused to exit enemy territory, especially since most are constructed such that it is easy to get stuck in a corner and let the portal take you home. This functionality should be disabled, or it should kill you like it once did in the old days, if you use a nether portal in an enemy base.
    DanDanKikoeru likes this.

2. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I agree with this statement. It is very frustrating to almost kill someone and they can just escape without penalty.
  3. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    We've discussed this and agree the mechanic is unfair - after all if you want to recall to base you could utilise riftwalker!

Something on the cards potentially for the next update after the current one in development :)
  4. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    but you can still kill them while theyre in the portal, if theyre that low that theyre trying to tp back, they'll probably just die from getting crit out during the wait

you can also swap them or scorpio them out, or immo them before they get there
  5. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,353xp
    But than pls readd recallstone
  6. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    I'm glad to hear it will prob get changed but would be super nice if it could be squeezed into next patch. Otherwise we get to deal with it for another several months most likely. I'd think a basic you cant go in other teams portals wouldnt be that hard to change but idk I dont know the code. But I guess if we tried to fit every "easy" change into every patch it would never come out cuz theres always something to add.

But while we are talking about portals something that could be looked into for a later patch would be nerfing portals so you cant switch class 24/7. Would buff actually playing some classes instead of just switching to them for something then switching off.
  7. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,353xp
    But make it so everyone can use a deads team portal or just add recall stone. This chnage not only impacts the fact u can flee a rush but and this is more important to me and happend many times to me.
    You arrive at an base and realise your teams gets rushed. How do you get backk to base? You use your portal the enemy team already has the positioning advanatge and gl.
    I dont see why fleeing a rush is that bad. The only way to do so is god gear or regen 3. So again the problem is regen 3 otherwise the mechanic doesnt see too much use on coastal.
    For me as a player: I wouldnt rush with 1 regen 3 anymore but with 3. Meaning I would just stack way more before a rush and than have a better chance of doing so.

Btw murg
    Rift out of enemy nexus? Ppl who rush with riftwalker usually have enough ppl to kill the nexus. If they are loosing they wont be able to rift everyone out or maybe anyone.