1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ Alternate Account Policy Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marine_PvP, Jun 12, 2019.

MineZ - Alternate Account Policy Update | Page 2
  1. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,053xp
    not really, now people who have grapples have a HUGE advantage. You literally cant get away. You cant turn around and bow them because bows dont do kb and you cant bow boost away
    cyclone_43 likes this.

2. 111kittycat111 Platinum

XP:
    436,546xp
    I have a grapple anyway, bow boosting is just fun and accessible. Punch bows do enough-ish knockback anyway, I'd like to have a separate conversation about knockback in general
    Sacrificial likes this.
  3. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Wow. This is somehow worse than what I thought it was going to be
    Agypagy, Sacrificial and Clip like this.
  4. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,053xp
    Umm punch bows and reg bows do the same kb
  5. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    Player zombies from a dead player do 1.5 hearts max a hit. Trap chest zombies with swords do like 3 or whatever.
  6. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    Suicide saturday has always been about going and "suiciding" to get a fight. IM not sure how you can objectively say coming back 3 times just to "win" is 100% better. I can understand the finding more fights part but its really just a couple group vs 40 korean accounts. The ladder sounds worse to me, just my opinion though.
  7. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    Nobody wants to play if they HAVE to gear? I wonder how people played for so many years with 1 - 2 accounts and gearing after they died. This is just a load of hyperbole. The idea that the GAME MineZ is RUINED if you can't fight 3 times on different accounts for the same fight is just absurd. I think a lot of this is just viewing the policy from a narrow perspective and how it personally effects some people, rather than looking how it actually effects the game MineZ.

Also this part here is just silly "just let them play how they want to, your game is not going to ever break 200 players again in its lifetime, all of these forced changes are gonna do nothing except speed up the time it takes for the server to hit 0 players."

This pessimistic idea that the game can never grow because you say so is so un-logical. "Just let people play how they want the game is dying anyways", in that case we should just allow everyone to hack right? They want to hack just let them hack how they want? If you're going to absolutely bash on a change at least bring some logic to the table. Not just "this RUINS EVERYTHING because I say so and the game sucks anyways". If it sucks so much why do you even care about a change?
  8. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    That's because they are bugged tho.... not like a feature
  9. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    Yes! YES! This is definitely a step in the right direction, I'm glad that the voices of people like me were heard in the end. Props to you Shotbow
  10. thx4loot Gold

XP:
    51,982xp
    And people with grapples have an advantage regardless. If they have grapples and bow boosting is enabled they are bound to catch up to you no matter what you do unless you have a grapple as well. Bow boosting only helped if the other player didn't know how to/ didnt have a punch bow, but most pvprs now know how to bow boost making it hard to run from someone who can bowboost + grapple
  11. thx4loot Gold

XP:
    51,982xp
    Okay I agree with alot of stuff you have said so far, but you do realize that this was years ago and the playerbase and playercount has decreased severely. Along with that, accounts became easier to get... Many people like to gear their accounts in bulk, then fight on all of them throughout 1-2 days then regear all of the accounts, the update ruins that for those players
  12. HeroLand Obsidian

XP:
    96,260xp
    so least i have 30min Pray for teammates and connection [fun-filled site], When the end of 30 minutes, login alt Start round 2?
  13. MinezPhD Obsidian

XP:
    16,532xp
    Were there some ez bois just complained to you:"Marine dad please ban the use of ALTS cuz every others used this to kill me billions of times,but i was busy IRL and had no time to gear up some alts.PlEaSe ban aLts"? *shhhhh*
    Sacrificial likes this.
  14. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    This is gonna be controversial but I'm going to say it anyway. People with all of the accounts are really the only ones upset about this change, as they can no longer get an unfair advantage in pvp anymore. Yeah, you can argue that most of the people left in the mineZ community use alts and stuff, but part of the reason the other people left were BECAUSE of unfair strategies like this. Why play when some tryhard has fought you on three accounts trying to kill you when you don't have any alts? It takes away the fun from pvping. And if you even just want to be on the level playing field you have to either shell out dozens of dollars to mojang or get them on some sketchy third party website.
  15. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    If you die during a fight, that's it. You choose either wait for 30 minutes and try another fight at Hasa, or simply gear back up on the account you died on.
    HeroLonely, Escape_ and Sacrificial like this.
  16. thx4loot Gold

XP:
    51,982xp
    While you're right about most of it, some people I know who only use one account disagree with this. Also theres a few people in the community who have spent 100s of dollars on speedpots and grapples solely for pvp purposes, which they are now very limited to use. Of course though, this has its pros and cons and everyone will get over it eventually
  17. HeroLonely Obsidian

XP:
    370,102xp
    Q: Would entering a battle zone be like entering a dungeon i mean like a barrier?

Q: When will it come into ?

Q:Is this an alts judgment based on IP?

Q:If someone changes IP, he can continue to fight with Alts ?

Q:Will this affect players who use the same VPN?
    Sacrificial likes this.
  18. thx4loot Gold

XP:
    51,982xp
    Q: If two players are fighting, one dies, then the other player dies to the player zombie & you have an alt nearby, what if you give that alt to a friend to run and grab the player zombies? Is that fair game?
  19. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    You’re 100% correct, this change will negatively affect those players. You’re also right that the composition of the player base has shifted and alting has because a good way to pass time. Unfortunately the future and balance of a game as a whole has to take priority over a clump of players abusing the strategy. It is unfortunate for them, but the good thing is the core game is not ruined by this and I believe changes like this give the game a better chance to grow.
    Marine_PvP likes this.
  20. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp

Changing ip does not allow you to bypass any of these rules. We can and will find out and punish those who try to abuse this policy.

Shotbow does not allow players to use VPN. If you have a similar tool that works like a VPN, use at your own risk.