1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Improved DDoS Protection + Dentril's New Moon June 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, May 31, 2019.

Improved DDoS Protection + Dentril's New Moon June 2019
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    [IMG]

English
    Announcement
    Hello Shotbow!

It's my honor to be giving you this news today: news that has been long awaited by our entire staff team for the past few months.

As you may know, in recent times Shotbow has been experiencing intermittent downtime and connection instability due to persistent, daily ongoing DDoS attacks. We recently released a statement of our game plan, and we're happy to be announcing a status update today.

Since the attacks started, we were in touch with our host in order to set up a mitigation service, but unfortunately with little success.

In the past few weeks, however, we set up a new DDoS mitigation service with Path. Path's service works as a firewall against these large DDoS attacks, while still routing all normal player traffic directly to our same old host.

We have been testing the pathway for the last few days, and we're happy to announce that we have mitigated all DDoS attacks that have come our way, allowing for a steady and uninterrupted connection to Shotbow for all.

As an added bonus, the Path also specializes in internet routing, which means that you will probably noticed improved latencies when connecting to Shotbow. Please let us know how your ping has changed in the comments!

Celebration
    Team morale behind-the-scenes has been down for the past few months as the constant deluge of attacks has diverted our attention from code and builds to dealing with DDoS attacks. Now that we're past this hurdle, it's time to celebrate! Here's some reasons to get back on the server this weekend:
    • A 33% sale on Silver, Gold, and Platinum in our Shotbow Shop!
    • A (very generous) 10x XP multiplier this Saturday and Sunday
    These offers will start on Saturday and will go until Sunday night. As you know, during the DDoS attacks, our playercount has dwindled, so we hope these incentives will help you get back into the Shotbow that you've always known and loved.

Closing Words
    All of us on the Shotbow team are just as excited as you are to see Shotbow back and stronger than ever. Our improved connection and DDoS mitigation will allow the staff to focus on delivering new and improved content to you as often as we possiby can, and we hope that this was a step in the right direction. As always, thanks for flying Shotbow. Now, please enjoy our monthly newsletter below!

[IMG]

Updates
    SMASH Updates
    Last month, SMASH ranked XP rewards have increased to encourage more participation in ranked matches. The new values are:
    • 1st Place — 75,000 XP
    • 2nd Place — 50,000 XP
    • 3rd Place — 25,000 XP
    SMASH has gotten a serious facelift in recent times, so we encourage you to give it a try — especially with the awesome new XP rewards!

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The spring season is in session, so rack up that ELO quickly before it's over! The current standings are:
    • 1st - jiren74 (1092)
    • 2nd - 5nr (1088)
    • 3rd - xXDasSlimeyXx (1069)
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards for May 2019
    Combat:
    • 1st - MichizaneAG KDR: 33
    • 2nd - willow90 KDR: 29
    • 3rd - OakBasket773626 KDR: 29:2
    Arrests:
    • 1st - izui_kun Arrests: 10
    • 2nd - Norir Arrests: 5
    • 3rd - MESLEG Arrests: 3
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - MESLEG Experience gained: 13096
    • 2nd - TnTirk Experience gained: 9624
    • 3rd - kinnringo Experience gained: 8537
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - ToastAura Minigames won: 49
    • 2nd - TnTirk Minigames won: 36
    • 3rd - MESLEG Minigames won: 16
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • ACrispyTortilla was promoted to Full Admin
    • DutchSurvivor, Ad_Mira, and ArsMagia joined the Translation Team
    Statistics:
    • A total of 21,687,907 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 582 players banned in the last month
    If you've read this far, thanks for sticking with me. We hope you enjoyed this thread and thanks again for flying Shotbow. See you next month!

日本語訳
    アナウンス
    みなさんごきげんよう!

今日、皆さんにこれをお伝えできることを嬉しく思います。これはスタッフ一同待ち詫びていたものです。

知っての通り、最近Shotbowは毎日のようにくるしつこいDDoS攻撃により鯖落ちや接続障害が頻発していました。 私たちは新しい方針を示し、今日ついにその仕様アプデにうれしく感じています。

攻撃が始まって以来、私たちは攻撃対策のためホストと連絡を取っていましたが結果は芳しくありませんでした。

ここ数週間の間に、私たちは新しいホストに移行しました Path.しかしこれは 大規模DDoS攻撃対策に働くだけではなく一般のプレイヤーに対しても前のホストと同じように接続障碍を引き起こすものでした。

そしてわたしたちは試行錯誤の結果、すべてのプレイヤーが安定し切断されることのない回線を維持しつつもddos対策もできるようになりました。
    さらにそれだけではなく、Shotbowに接続する際の遅延もかなり減らすことができ、ものすごく早く入れるようになりました。試してみてください。

お祝い
    度重なる攻撃が私たちの士気をさげ、攻撃に対する直接的な対策に時間をとられ攻撃対策のシステム構築が遅れていました。しかしいまそのハードルを乗り越え祝う時が来ました。
    • 33%割引をしますSilver, Gold, and Platinum in our Shotbow Shopで!
    • きわめて寛大なさらに土日にxp10倍もくるよ
    これらは土曜から日曜の夜までです。攻撃緩和したしサービスもしてるからみんな戻ってきてください。

締めの言葉
    スタッフ一同shotbowの今まで以上の繁栄を期待します。接続の強化や攻撃対策の成功により、新しい要素や既存の修正に時間をさけるようになりより良い物になっていくでしょう。次のマンスリーレターに期待してください。
    [IMG]

アップデート
    SMASH アップデート
    先月,SMASHのランク報酬がふえました。
    • 1st Place — 75,000 XP
    • 2nd Place — 50,000 XP
    • 3rd Place — 25,000 XP
    SMASHが最近大きく変わりました。見に来てください。特にXPに関するところが変更されました。
    統計
    SMASHランク戦
    スプリングシーズンの結果はこのようになりました。
    • 1st - jiren74 (1092)
    • 2nd - 5nr (1088)
    • 3rd - xXDasSlimeyXx (1069)
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards for May 2019
    Combat:
    • 1st - MichizaneAG KDR: 33
    • 2nd - willow90 KDR: 29
    • 3rd - OakBasket773626 KDR: 29:2
    Arrests:
    • 1st - izui_kun Arrests: 10
    • 2nd - Norir Arrests: 5
    • 3rd - MESLEG Arrests: 3
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - MESLEG Experience gained: 13096
    • 2nd - TnTirk Experience gained: 9624
    • 3rd - kinnringo Experience gained: 8537
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - ToastAura Minigames won: 49
    • 2nd - TnTirk Minigames won: 36
    • 3rd - MESLEG Minigames won: 16
    ネットワーク
    Staff updates:
    • ACrispyTortilla was promoted to Full Admin
    • DutchSurvivor, Ad_Mira, and ArsMagia joined the Translation Team
    Statistics:
    • A total of 21,687,907 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 582 players banned in the last month
    Shotbowを楽しんでいただけると幸いです

Nederlands
    Mededeling
    Hallo Shotbow!

Met veel genoegen kan ik jullie het volgende nieuws mededelen, nieuws waar ons hele staff-team lang heeft op zitten wachten in de afgelopen maanden.

Zoals velen van jullie weten heeft Shotbow de afgelopen tijd veel downtime en verbindingsproblemen gehad vanwege voortdurende DDoS-aanvallen. We hebben onlangs een mededeling gepubliceerd van ons "game plan", en vandaag kunnen we hierover een update geven.

Sinds het begin van de aanvallen zijn we constant in contact geweest met onze host, helaas zonder succes.

In de afgelopen weken hebben we een nieuw DDoS-afweersysteem opgezet met Path. Path's service werkt als een firewall tegen deze grote DDoS-aanvallen terwijl het tegelijkertijd normaal verkeer doorstuurt naar onze huidige, oude, host.

We hebben de afgelopen dagen deze nieuwe service getest en kunnen met trots zeggen dat we alle DDoS-aanvallen in deze periode hebben geblokkeerd. Het resultaat hiervan is een stabiele en ononderbroken verbinding naar Shotbow voor onze spelers.

Als een extra toegevoegde waarde specializeert Path ook in internet routing. Dit betekent dat je waarschijnlijk een verbeterde verbinding ervaart als je met Shotbow verbindt. Laat ons in de comments weten of en hoe je ping is verbetert!

Feest
    Achter de schermen is het teammoreel laag geweest in de afgelopen maanden als direct gevolg van de constante stroom van DDoS-aanvallen. Dit kwam voornamelijk doordat de aandacht van het team was afgeleid van het werken aan code en bouwen van nieuwe bouwwerken. Nu dat we over deze drempel op onze weg zijn gekomen is het tijd op feest te vieren! Hier zijn een aantal redenen om weer op de server te spelen dit weekend:
    • Een korting van 33% op Silver, Gold, en Platinum in onze Shotbow Shop!
    • Een (zeer gulle) +10x XP multiplier deze zaterdag en zondag
    Deze aanbiedingen zullen starten op zaterdag en gaan door tot en met zondagavond. Zoals jullie weten is tijdens deze DDoS-aanvallen het aantal spelers verminderd. We hopen dat deze aanbiedingen helpen om je weer terug te laten keren naar de server die je altijd hebt gekend en waarvan je altijd hebt gehouden.

Afsluitende woorden
    We zijn in het Shotbow team allemaal net zo enthousiast als jou om Shotbow weer terug te zien, en sterker terug te zien dan ooit. Onze verbeterde verbinding en DDoS-beveiliging geeft het staff-team weer de mogelijkheid om zich te richten op nieuwe en verbeterde content, en we hopen dat dit een goede stap was in de juiste richting. En zoals altijd, "thanks for flying Shotbow". Lees hieronder onze maandelijkse nieuwsbrief.

[IMG]

Updates
    SMASH-updates
    Vorige maand zijn SMASH ranked XP-beloningen verhoogd om meer aanmoediging te geven om mee te doen met ranked wedstrijden. De nieuwe waardes zijn:
    • Eerste Plaats — 75,000 XP
    • Tweede Plaats — 50,000 XP
    • Derde Plaats — 25,000 XP
    SMASH heeft ook een behoorlijke facelift gehad in de afgelopen periode, dus we moedigen je aan om het een poging te geven - zeker nu dat er nieuwe de nieuwe XP-beloningen zijn!

Statistieken
    SMASH Rankings
    Het lenteseizoen is in volle gang, dus verzamel snel ELO voordat het weer voorbij is! De huidige situatie is als volgt:
    • Eerste - jiren74 (1092)
    • Tweede - 5nr (1088)
    • Derde — xXDasSlimeyXx (1069)
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards voor mei 2019
    Combat:
    • Eerste - MichizaneAG KDR: 33
    • Tweede - willow90 KDR: 29
    • Derde - OakBasket773626 KDR: 29:2
    Arrestaties verricht:
    • Eerste - izui_kun Arrestaties verricht: 10
    • Tweede - Norir Arrestaties verricht: 5
    • Derde - MESLEG Arrestaties verricht: 3
    Experience Verzameld:
    • Eerste - MESLEG Experience verzameld: 13096
    • Tweede - TnTirk Experience verzameld: 9624
    • Derde - kinnringo Experience verzameld: 8537
    Minigames gewonnen:
    • Eerste - ToastAura Minigames gewonnen: 49
    • Tweede - TnTirk Minigames gewonnen: 36
    • Derde - MESLEG Minigames gewonnen: 16
    Overige netwerkupdates
    Staff-updates:
    • ACrispyTortilla was gepromoveerd naar Full Admin
    • DutchSurvivor, Ad_Mira, en ArsMagia zijn toegetreden tot het vertalingsteam
    Statistieken:
    • Een totaalaantal van 21.687.907 XP was verzameld door spelers in de afgelopen maand
    • Er waren in totaal 582 spelers verbannen in de afgelopen maand
    Als je alles tot hier hebt gelezen wil ik je bedanken voor bijblijven. En nogmaals, "thanks for flying Shotbow". Tot volgende maand!

2. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    Does this call for a celebration? Because I think that it does.
  3. Ciphon Silver

XP:
    91,098xp
    Wooo hoooo! Glad to hear the new system in place has prevented the DDoSing :)

I guess I should have held off a few days before buying Silver huh... oh well
    MCDuckler and Mistri like this.
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Now you can get Gold for even cheaper! :wink:
    ChickenMac7 and MCDuckler like this.
  5. iFritzy Regular Member

XP:
    58,695xp
    time to kill the dead again
    MCDuckler likes this.
  6. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    thank you.
    Fluffoon and Mistri like this.
  7. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    good to see you guys got it solved. :)
    Fluffoon and Mistri like this.
  8. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I see improvement. I like improvement.
  9. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp

noob
  10. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    This is better than an XP code! Tons of XP and tons of players, great job guys. Glad to see the DDOSing has come to an end for now.
    Mistri likes this.
  11. brandon171766 Platinum

XP:
    665,851xp
    Anyone else having horrible pings since update. I live in west coast of Canada.
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  12. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    Really happy to hear that you guys don't give up and keep this ship sailing for more than 5 years, despite all the difficulties. Well done :)
  13. ryan23474 Regular Member

XP:
    122,451xp
    Where is peak playercount?
  14. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    It wasn't ready when it was posted. It was 303 iirc.

We've blown it out of the water this first weekend in June though

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Superbob1000, Mistri and Fluffoon like this.
  15. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    I live in the west coast of Canada too, and I have been noticing some questionable ping. It's not terrible, and when I do /ping it says I'm below 100 most times, but I get spikes so players will teleport around a bit.
  16. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp