1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Step by Step: How to set up a Shotbow Client

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Mysterious_Seven, May 15, 2019.

Guide - Step by Step: How to set up a Shotbow Client
?

Hey whats up?

Jungle insects are my meal of choice, the more venomous the more tender. 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Not much. Once you become a Sith Lord, life becomes quite dull. 11 vote(s) 78.6%
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Hey, if you're reading this, and I'm not sure why you would be- download Lunar Client instead. It's good.

If you do not want mods, Skip to profile step.

Hey there Players, during the extended downtime is a good time to get all the technical stuff out of the way!

This guide will show you how to separate your Shotbow setup from the rest of your Minecraft mods and options, as well as how to mod Shotbow to the extent of the rules. This includes separate options files, server lists, saves, screenshots, mods, configuration files, mod configuration files and client logs. The version file is always present in the .minecraft folder and you require all versions made during the course of this guide.
    DO NOT DELETE THE STANDALONE FORGE VERSION. DO NOT DELETE THE VANILLA (1.9.4) VERSION.

First, lets briefly consult the current rule for modification of clients:

As such this guide will not include all of bspkrs's mods because they are not explicitly stated in the rules they are allowed, even though admins have been seen to endorse them. Currently I use DirectionHUD, as it is a dumbed down version of a minimap, this however will not be further mentioned in the guide. Third party releases of StatusEffectHUD have been known to lock my FPS at 30 and is not recommended. With this in mind, let us begin!
    • Download Forge and Liteloader. Depending on what mods you want you could need these mod loaders. If you want bspkrs's StatusEffectHUD, Optifine, A radar-free minimap or ZebrasToggleSneak, for the purposes of this guide, you must install forge. If you want GammaBright, you must install Liteloader.
    • Install 1.9.4 and run it, close after it is finished.
    • Install the latest Recommended 1.9.4 Forge version and run the profile, close after it is finished. (Link)
    [IMG]
    • Install the latest Stable 1.9.4 Liteloader version, install this on top of the forge version, run the minecraft profile and close after it is finished. (Link)
    [IMG]
    • [Profile Step] Open the Minecraft Launcher and make a new profile. Change the version to Liteloader installed on top of Forge (if applicable). You may change the JVM arguements at this time, or add a Shotbow profile icon as seen in this post. Toggle the Game Directory on and change the destination to %appdata%\.minecraftshotbow\1.9.4 . run it, and close after it is finished.
    [IMG]
    • Put any desired mods or litemods in %appdata%\.minecraftshotbow\1.9.4\mods
    Recommended Mod List:
    Optifine 1.9.4 (Link) [Also has higher versions]
    Gammabright 1.9.4 (Link) [Also has higher versions]
    ZebrasToggleSneak 1.9.4 (Link) [Also has higher versions]

Other Mods:
    (Any radar free Minimap) Xaero's FAIRPLAY minimap as an example. (Link) [ONLY has higher versions]
    bspkrs's core (Link) [1.9.4 only downloadable through a third party]
    bspkrs's StatusEffectHUD (Link) [1.9.4 only downloadable through a third party] (can lock FPS at 30)

All done!

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I just tested the entire guide but with 1.12.2 and it all works. Huzzah!

Changes:
    Every time you see 1.9.4 you think timey whimy and its 1.12.2
    [Directory] %appdata%\.minecraftshotbow\1.12.2
    [Mods Directory] %appdata%\.minecraftshotbow\1.12.2\mods
    +AutoSneak&Sprint 1.12.2 (Link) [Update of ZebrasToggleSneak]
    JCDBionicman and connor564 like this.
  3. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Moved to "The Network" forum as per request of OP.
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.
  4. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    You need to run the Forge and Liteloader installers as administrator on Windows 10.
  5. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    You can also get Badlion Client which has pretty much every feature you could need and versions 1.9 and 1.12.2 (which is eventually gonna be the only version that works)
    Tozzu likes this.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I thought I made myself clear. This guide adheres one hundred percent to the Shotbow rules. The Badlion client might be banned in future competitions as many features of the Badlion client itself are not strictly allowed on Shotbow. It also works with 1.12.2 and, if you haven't noticed, I'm active in and still updating several things inside the Minecraft community, as well as Shotbow, and likely not to stop soon.