1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion What Happened to the PTR?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Oraceon, May 3, 2019.

Suggestion - What Happened to the PTR?
  1. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp
    This is both a bit of a question and a suggestion. I thought the point of the PTR was to test incomplete features and future updates for bugs to improve the quality of the fully-released content? Why aren't we getting a PTR for the "Item Update" supposedly coming this month?

The MineZ team has a history of releasing buggy updates, and the point of the PTR was to lessen the impact of this, yet we only saw it used once... I suggest every little change and future update be posted on the PTR as soon as possible, so 1) people can test it, 2) So the PTR server you're paying for isn't collecting dust.

2. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    There's not a whole box dedicated to the PTR server. Our non-proxy servers use a distributed system where a single box runs as many servers as it can handle.

As to why there is no PTR server running, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer. It may be that the features simply aren't in a testable state atm.

Remember that roadmaps are not promises of release but goals, and Doc works on both MineZ and the network in general

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    ItsSoular likes this.
  3. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp

Thanks for the response. At least we know something.
  4. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp
    The idea behind the PTR is to test new ideas and big changes. It is never meant to always be on. The next PTR release will be once the Item Update is ready. We are currently working on the update and it is not in a stable state to test yet. Once we get to that point where it's ready a form post will go out as it has in past with everything changed.