1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Preventing the Connection of Legacy Minecraft Accounts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Apr 10, 2019.

Preventing the Connection of Legacy Minecraft Accounts | Page 2
  1. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    I wasn't aware Mojang's API allowed you to differentiate between legacy vs migrated accounts. Cool that it is being put to use.
    I'm guessing there were very few players who were not cheaters using unmigrated accounts, then?

2. xGale Regular Member

XP:
    12,194xp
    The opposite, the majority of the cheaters use Non Full Access or Semi Full Access accounts. You can buy them by the hundreds for a few bucks. Unmigrtated accounts are mainly used for storage alts because you can change the Email, Security Questions, Password, literally everything about the account. Making UFAs one of the safest way to store extra loot
  3. Konoha_v Platinum

XP:
    16,057xp
    Too late work. This server is already dead cuz I left.
    You guys never ban ghost client even tho banning rader player for indefinitely. Also I haven't get respond about 'upgrade account' yet.
    I sent it like 3 months ago.
  4. Hezusowo Emerald

XP:
    863,614xp
    if...
  5. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Imagine doing volunteer work on a minecraft server and not getting paid and getting shit on by the community versus spending your time on a paying job and arguably being appreciated for that a lot more

really makes you go HMMMMM
  6. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Ghost clients, by their very nature, are tricky to detect. We have a standard of evidence that must be obtained before an account is banned for modified client - therefore banning such individuals can be time consuming / very difficult. Radar modifications are also not permitted, as per our rules and as such a permanent ban will also apply.

As for rank upgrades we did acknowledge this in our Year Ahead 2019 thread:

We spend our free time to try and improve Shotbow by whatever means we can. This new policy is one of many we've implemented in the last few years to help reduce the burden on our admin teams and help keep Shotbow a fairer place to play, along with content updates and other improvements.

Thanks for being supportive and understanding - it's rare that we get that the staff team get acknowledgment (or defense!) for what we try to do, so cheers :)
  7. Hezusowo Emerald

XP:
    863,614xp
    Volunteer work Lol
  8. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    Yeah lol so funny

/s
  9. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I can't tell if I have a legacy account so I will wait for the change to see.
  10. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Unorthodox display of hubris, but ok
  11. 111kittycat111 Platinum

XP:
    436,546xp
    Best post I've ever seen on shotbow forums
  12. xGale Regular Member

XP:
    12,194xp
    You do have a legacy account. http://prntscr.com/natu3u. You can check on NameMC.com
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Hmmm, why does the staff still use the volunteer card yet still refuse help from arguably qualified devs and community members who want to help this server?
  14. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Bro, it was a compliment. For those that don't speak common I'll explain it in words you can understand.
    He was just expositing his indulgence in his managerial position, and is forthright about his feelings on the diction of your support.

I believe you call that a conflagration.
  15. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    We are happy to accept help from trustworthy, qualified individuals

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Mistri likes this.
  16. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Weird flex, but ok
  17. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP: