1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Multiple Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Ruined_Fort, Apr 3, 2019.

Suggestion - Multiple Suggestions and Ideas
  1. Ruined_Fort Gold

XP:
    45,789xp
    Hello everyone! I'm Ruined_Fort and I've played MineZ since 2013 off and on. In that time I have seen many changes too the game and have many suggestions, some of these are minor changes and some are major, these are only suggestions so please let me know what you think of them and how i could improve the suggestions and such. Thank you for reading.

The first small thing i want to talk about is weapons, in particular, axes. I like the special ability that the stone axe has (the aoe attack) A problem with the stone axes however is the fact that only some of them have special ability, I don't know what determines this. But all stone axes should come with the special attack, and if you combine two of them then they become a normal stone axe. (Just like how combining Legendary Weapons become regular weapons) Now, for Iron axes, most people don't use them and they aren't considered a viable weapon choice, they need a special attack like how the stone axe has, maybe a larger aoe then the stone axe or possibly a throwing axe of sorts.

Next up, Zombie spawns. Now after -2000 y Pigmen start to spawn. Recently I've been playing consistently for about 2 months now, and only around 3 pigmen have spawned naturally. They need to spawn a bit more to create a more suspenseful atmosphere and increase the difficulty in the survival aspect. I have a suggestion for the spawn rates. Make the spawn chance linear, increasing by lets say .2% every 100 blocks. I honestly don't know what % or what distance would be the best to use, i'm just suggesting an idea. I don't know what the current spawn chance is but doing this would make the towns in the north more difficult to loot. Speaking of loot, Trap chests, I love it, it adds an uncertainty to looting, causing lower health players to loot carefully. I think that giving trap chests the ability to spawn pigmen. I suggest it be a VERY low chance because pigmen wreck health bars. (Also I would suggest reducing the xp that Ankle biters give because pigmen spawns can be abused in places like Floating Islands)

Giants! The big boys, this suggestion is short. When Giants die, they drop an obscene amount of rotten flesh (Delicious), that makes sense, but giants need to be a little more difficult, an easy way to do this is when giants die, give the rotten flesh a chance to be a zombie spawn instead, maybe like 30% or 25%. This would make it harder to camp them.

Infection & Bleeding, you can become infected from zombies hitting you, or consuming rotten flesh. My suggestion is to increase the rate that infection damages you when you consume rotten flesh. I think that it's a good idea because it would make rotten flesh a much less viable source of food. Bleeding is a great mechanic, I"m suggesting that the type of weapon used when bleeding was inflicted should affect how much damage and or the rate the damage occurs, this would make pvp more scary and deadly for both parties.

Snowballs are great love them. Perfect in my opinion. Adding a stronger alternative however, like a firework, would be cool. You could signal allies where you are, and cause zombies to be distracted for a longer duration.

Those are all the ideas and suggestions I would consider small. Now for the big ones.Some of these ideas will have small suggestions within them. I'll make these colored text.

Fishing, I would suggest slightly altering the fishing rod loot table.
    https://shotbow.net/forum/wiki/minez-loot/ <----- Old Loot Tables for reference

New Fishing Rod Loot
    Loot %

Raw Fish 11.5%
    Clownfish 11.5%
    Pufferfish 11.5%
    Raw Salmon 11.5%
    Bowl 5%
    Rotten Flesh 6%
    Bone 6%
    Glass Bottle 4%
    Water Bottle 4%
    Bowl 4%
    Leather Cap 3%
    Leather Tunic 3%
    Leather Pants 3%
    Leather Boots 3%
    An Arrow 2%
    Wooden Sword 2%
    Stone Sword 1.5%
    Wooden Hoe 3%
    Fishing Rod 3%
    Nothing 1.5%

Total
    100%

(I"m sorry I tried to copy paste a table from Microsoft excel, The loot is followed by the %) The old table did not add upto 100% so i just assumed that the missing % was nothing. I added Wood swords, Stone Swords, Wooden Hoe, An arrow, and Fishing rods. (More things that fishing line can snag on) This slightly buffs the loot table while keeping its purpose (Food) as the primary reason to fish.
    Fishing should be disabled in dungeons unless it is a component in that dungeon. So dungeons like Maze of the Tenth don't have a food source.

Next suggestion changing Civ Tool chests a little bit. (Not in major ways like Button or Cobweb %)
    https://shotbow.net/forum/wiki/minez-loot/ <---- Old loot tables

New Civ Tool Loot
    Loot %

5 Arrows 10%
    Bowl 6%
    Shears 7.5%
    Cobweb 5.5%
    Glass Bottle 15%
    Iron Shovel 10.5%
    Stone Axe 10.5%
    Stone Button 3.5%
    Wooden Hoe 10.5%
    Fishing Rod 10.5%
    Bow 10.5%

Total 100%

The major notable change to the loot table is the addition of a Bow, It kind of makes sense to have a Bow added because the loot already includes arrows. Small changes are the balancing of shovels, wooden hoes, and fishing rods. Also i reduced the chance of items like Bowls and Shears, because It's a tool chest. Not Civ Common. The old loot table only added up to 98.5% so i fixed it.

Grave Robbing! My favorite past time. It needs to have a few items added and chances changed because it is a little bit strong. Here is my suggested table.
    https://shotbow.net/forum/wiki/minez-loot/ <---- Old loot table

New Grave Robbing Loot
    Loot %

5 Arrows 5%
    Bow 2.5%
    Wooden Sword 5%
    Stone Sword 2.5%
    Stone Axe 5%
    Iron Axe 2.5%
    Iron Sword 0.5%
    Leather Hat 3.5%
    Leather Tunic 3.5%
    Leather Pants 3.5%
    Leather Boots 3.5%
    Chain Helmet 2%
    Chain Chestplate 2%
    Chain Leggings 2%
    Chain Boots 2%
    Shears 3.5%
    Glass Bottle 3.5%
    Bandage 3.5%
    Stone Button 2.5%
    Cobweb 4.5%
    Wooden Hoe 3%
    Brown Mushrooms 3%
    Red Mushrooms 3%
    Bowl 2%
    Carrot 2%
    Potato 5%
    Poison Potato 2%
    Beetroot 5%
    Bone 4.5%
    Rotten Flesh 4.5%
    Fishing Rod 3%
    Nothing 0.5%

Total 100%
    Zombie Chance Same as Old Chance

Here are the items I added; Fishing rods, Stone axes, and Iron Axes. The drop rates I changed are Foods, Tools, Axes, and Swords. The addition of axes and fishing rods is to diversify the loot table. I lowered the drop chance of Iron swords because they are quite strong.

Food & Cooking
    Ok so cooking, it adds more variety to food and buffs fishing, it also would buff certain towns and areas and nerf others slightly. Here's how;

Cooking would only work on Fish (Raw Fish/Cod and Raw Salmon) And MAYBE POTATOES because baked potatoes are quite strong and I think they should stay a Fire Spire exclusive. To cook and item you would throw the uncooked variant into lava or fire. Lava has a much higher chance of failing at cooking because it's considerably hotter. By only using fire and lava places like Paluster and Whitehaven are nerfed slightly but places like Carmi and Grayvale would benefit greatly from this. I don't know what places do and don't have fire or lava accessible. So I can't think of how much this would affect the game. Cooking would give a message based on if it was successful or not and grant xp based on that. Burning food would grant 1 xp and cooking it successfully would grant 3 xp. A message would be displayed when burnt or cooked. Something like "You burnt the food, it is inedible" or "You successfully cooked the food! Enjoy!". Cooking would be a chance based activity. Here are the chances i recommend. Potatoes are included but I don't think that they should be, and they have a low chance of cooking successfully.

Cooking at a fire;

Raw Fish and Raw Salmon:
    Cooking Chance = 65%
    Burn Chance = 35%

Potatoes;
    Cooking Chance = 25%
    Burn Chance = 75%

Cooking at lava;

Raw Fish and Raw Salmon:
    Cooking Chance = 45%
    Burn Chance = 55%

Potatoes:
    Cooking Chance = 10%
    Burn Chance = 90%

Stack Limits need to be changed a little too, to better suit the new cooking update. The Stack Limit for all Fish should increased to 2, that includes Clownfish, Cooked Fish, Cooked Salmon, and such. Also the Stack Limit for beets should be increased too 3, because Beetroot soup requires 6 beets to craft. Potatoes would need to be added to Food chests. Aswell as having there stack limit increased to 2. Cooking also needs to be disabled in dungeons.Here is my suggestion for loot changes to the Food Common. Here is the old loot ----> https://shotbow.net/forum/wiki/minez-loot/

New Food Common Loot
    Loot %

Apple 12%
    Carrot 12%
    Beetroot x3 13%
    Melon Slice 28%
    Raw Fish/Cod 16%
    Cocoa Beans 4%
    Wheat 5%
    Potato x2 10%

Total 100%

Thank you for looking over this massive post, Let me know what you think about these suggestions, or if any clarification is needed.

2. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    I like your suggestion regarding pigmen, I agree that they need to be more common naturally spawning. However, Its important to remember how the spawn rate works is that its just a % that everytime a zombie spawns it has a chance to be a pigman instead. The issue here is that if its scaled too high as you go north, it causes locations with zombie SPAWNERS to spawn too many pigmen. So adjusting the natural spawn higher would be good, if the amount of spawners in some locations are reduced.
    cyclone_43 likes this.
  3. Ruined_Fort Gold

XP:
    45,789xp

Thank you for reading! I completely forgot that was how it worked, If Developers could do it to natural spawns but not spawners that would be best. Thank you for your help ;3
    HellionX2 likes this.
  4. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    I haven't seen a pigmen spawn from a zombie spawner since the update. Was that recently changed back?
  5. iFritzy Regular Member

XP:
    58,695xp
    Next up, Zombie spawns. Now after -2000 y Pigmen start to spawn. Recently I've been playing consistently for about 2 months now, and only around 3 pigmen have spawned naturally. They need to spawn a bit more to create a more suspenseful atmosphere and increase the difficulty in the survival aspect. I have a suggestion for the spawn rates. Make the spawn chance linear, increasing by lets say .2% every 100 blocks. I honestly don't know what % or what distance would be the best to use, i'm just suggesting an idea. I don't know what the current spawn chance is but doing this would make the towns in the north more difficult to loot. Speaking of loot, Trap chests, I love it, it adds an uncertainty to looting, causing lower health players to loot carefully. I think that giving trap chests the ability to spawn pigmen. I suggest it be a VERY low chance because pigmen wreck health bars. (Also I would suggest reducing the xp that Ankle biters give because pigmen spawns can be abused in places like Floating Islands)

lmao the only pigman i have found exploded far away of me from fall damage when i was going down the gravel canyon. i didn't even saw him. plz make pigman spawn more ;b
  6. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    Hmmm, I may be out of touch with how pigmen spawning works now. That's how it used to work. I'll have to talk to one of the admins and find out.
  7. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp
    Good post, will review it more and bring up some of the ideas with the team.
  8. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    I would Discourage the addition of cooking apon further review, I think it would make food to easy to maintain in the north. In regards to the tool chest: I don't know if there are multiple tiers of tool chest past common, but I would like to see buttons be easier to find in the north. There are a lot of places that require multiple buttons to loot just once and it becomes not worth the time invested to try and find and hold a ton of buttons.
    Tannatron, IvanDoomy and thomasun like this.
  9. Ruined_Fort Gold

XP:
    45,789xp
    Sweet thank you for looking it over, If it's not too much trouble please let me know what the team thinks so I could possibly provide better suggestions in the future. :heart:
  10. Ruined_Fort Gold

XP:
    45,789xp

I agree somewhat with the discouragement of the cooking mechanic, but cooked fish and raw fish are hardly a good source of food, the main point is too buff the fishing mechanic so its at least viable. Cooking would do that. Buttons don't need a buff. places that require buttons that are far north, like Fort Kharj, Death Mansion, Outpost Adera all have extremely good loot, like pots rare chests. I think buffing buttons would take a lot of difficulty out of the game. Besides buttons are easy to farm in my opinion.
    cyclone_43 likes this.
  11. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp

I took another look at the button situation, and have changed my position they are fine how they are right now. As for the cooking im afraid it would just become another factor making the game hard to balance. Not too sure how you balance the fishing mechanic in general tbh. Besides maybe making special fish that give like 2 hunger points raw catchable