1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update Spring Update - testing

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Feb 23, 2019.

Update - Spring Update - testing | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Why is it a shame? Is something wrong?

2. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,353xp
    Can we make it that you dont loose your Tier 3 potions upon a disconnetion, please?:)
  3. Nllgata Regular Member

XP:
    15,021xp
    will it be lost on disconnection? really?
  4. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,353xp
    Right now yes.
    you will loose all your tier 3 potions.
  5. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    This is definitely something we can look at preventing.
    _Swipe, ChickenMac7, Tobi472 and 3 others like this.
  6. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    Does this mean you could get more hearts/upgrade your bow, then switch classes and keep those hearts/bow? Or does it mean once you switch back to that class, your hearts/bow will be restored?
  7. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    Once you switch back
    ChickenMac7 and Murgatron like this.
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

This is correct, apologies for any confusion with the wording!
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  9. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    I feel like scout should get a slight nerf. The fishing pole deserves a cooldown like every other kits ability.

And it has the passive speed buff so its not like it would be a bad kit. But scout is extremely common and definitely better at getting away and chasing overall than the others.
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  10. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Balancing scout is on our list for the next update (after this one). We're trying to keep the class fun whilst also balanced. We've got some ideas we're playing with to try and make this happen - stay tuned! :)
    ChickenMac7 and LegitHunkinBoi like this.
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Vert well done
  12. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Ideas: after the game u get to see the amount of kills u made and damage u did to a nexus in the chat.
    Maybe words of encouragement if u lost.

When a map is new in the voting, actually say that next to the map, it encourages people to vote for that map.
    Idk a way to discourage bowspamming at mid idk
  13. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Game MVP. Anything encouraging would be moot. People already vote for new maps. Bows are part of the game, gear proj prot scout.
  14. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    The grapple already has a cooldown. ontop of that, its not completely reliable. Sometimes it gives the message "unable to grappl", which will still put the grapple on cooldown. I think scout is in a pretty good spot right now
  15. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    If a dev wants to give me 25k xp ill do some scout testing :cool: but from my experiences scout definitely doesnt feel balanced. The majority of my issues in anni come from interacting with players with the scout kit. The other day I was trying to run back to my friend from spawn cuz I died and I see a enemy scout like at render distance. I keep running hoping he didnt see me. He catches up and starts hitting me in the back, thats some massive distance gained. Just earlier my friend was ahead and died. I saw the like 4 guys who killed him and just turned and ran. 2 of them caught up very quickly and started hitting me. No escape, and I cant 2v1. So gg. Most kits if you hit them it hits them away and you get gap. If you bow you arent sprinting so if you dont get the kill they get more distance. Not scout. If your opponent isnt scout u can easily catch up get hits and re catch up. Not really much counter play to that. Scout might have a tiny pvp disadvantage v like pyro but any loss is made up for being able to get away from any un-advantageous fight and easily catch anyone whos losing and isnt scout.

Like lets look at pyro for example. Possibly the second most common kit. Is just an all around good kit, nothing about it is just bad, isnt OP. Good at pvp. If I see a pyro in diamond at range, I can leg it and most likely get away, good situational awareness. If me and my friend are pyro in good gear and a guy sees us at range, he can get away. If we surprise the guy, we can most likely get him. 1v1 against the other pyro is fair, better player will most likely win. If one gets low and runs, bow.

Now switch the scenarios up with scouts.
    Me and my friend are pyro and jump a scout. If he doesnt die in 2 seconds hes gone.
    I'm pyro in good gear and get attacked by 2 scouts in ok gear who see me at render distance. If I'm not at my base they can easily catch up, and win because 2v1. Free gear upgrade for them.

This just devalues actually getting gear, and not zerging with your team. If you arent scout. Theres so many times I died and lost good gear just because I'm not scout, so I couldnt get away and they had numbers. And they were scout, cuz its the most common kit. And even if I had acrobat (the other good mobility kit), they could still get me the majority of the time.

The only current scout counter is to use top end gear to kill them before they can even run and be with a big group so they cant zerg you down for your good gear.

Getting to catch any low hp enemys, and getting away from any bad situation, destroys the benefits of an all around good kit like pyro.

end of essay on scout. Ya this ended up kinda long lol...
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  16. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    Could ninja be buffed in the next update? Even giving it a wooden sword would help.
    ChickenMac7 and LegitHunkinBoi like this.
  17. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    Honestly you guys should try to just throw in lie ka 10 sec cooldown on the fishing pole for the spring patch and see how it goes. The worst thign that could happen is that people get to play other kits. But I cant imagine scout being bad. But its getting really old that everywhere you go that isnt a giant team zerg, is mostly all scouts. They can just fly around, get away, chase. Pyro isnt straight twice as good at doing damage. Scout legit feels twice as fast. They already haev a speed buff, I see zero reason for them to be able to use the fishing pole to go flying forward every couple seconds. It should have a 10+ sec cooldown just like every other kits ability.
  18. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    Lol. You're telling them to make scout like acrobat, but worse. Theres no need to see how it goes, that would kill the class.
  19. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    How is having a passive speed buff and a similar alternate ability worse? Being faster all the time and having the ability to jump forward to gain extra distance (that can also be used to get on things) sounds pretty viable to me.

And making a class not the most played isnt killing it, its making it balanced.
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  20. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    You only have speed while you're in leather, and the grapple isnt too far from the acrobat jump. Ontop of that scout takes fall damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.