1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Opinion on PTR PvP

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Tatre, Dec 30, 2018.

Question - Opinion on PTR PvP | Page 2
?

Which do you prefer?

Current Live PvP 17 vote(s) 51.5%
PTR PvP 16 vote(s) 48.5%
  1. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    no one is going to do that,

2. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    http://www.poorlydrawnlines.com/comic/mad/
    Seriously, though, you could probably find someone who would be willing to make this script for you. It's really not that hard to do, and even Mr_31415 would probably do it. Yes, I'm aware that this is inconvenient, but it seems like everyone is just complaining and not open to trying any other solutions (other than bringing back 1.7, which isn't happening). Besides, how many different texture packs do you use while playing on Shotbow? You say you have 100s, but do you use all of them on a daily basis?
  3. Toyl Silver

XP:
    56,581xp
    yes, because everyone knows how to use python. Im not a coder and i dont plan on becoming one. I doubt anyone else will try to learn either (if they dont know how)
  4. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    You can overlay an additional resource pack with a retextured or remodeled shield to remove it.
    _Silver likes this.
  5. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    You mean Mr_31415 the guy who made the minez spyware discord bot?

Yeah I'd let him make a script for me to run too.
  6. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    The point is we shouldnt have to do any of that to make the shield dissapear.
  7. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Not gonna lie, I wasn't there for that. However, it can be uploaded to GitHub, so people can verify it's not sketchy. By the way, what could you really do with a spybot on Discord, anyway? You don't really have access to any more information than what people make publicly available.
  8. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    His bot default joins as an admin. Which, let's it see all chat channels which then are logged.
  9. Toyl Silver

XP:
    56,581xp
    I do have 100s and I cycle through them weelky. I add new texture packs and remove texture packs daily so my pack folder is constantly changing. Plus having to add a overlay doesnt help the case. If you were to add a overlay to hide the shield when you blockhit with it, then how will you know if you are blockhitting or not? Because there will be no visual to it. And there is no way im letting someone who tried to rat people with a Discord bot code something for me
  10. Toyl Silver

XP:
    56,581xp
    "So people can verify it's not sletchy" Who would do this though? Like I said I personally know absolutly nothing about coding so I wouldnt know what anything meant. Lets say he had someone vouch for him, how do we know that that person isnt working with him. They could be possibly "fake vouching" and the program could possibly be another spyware :/ Anyways this is kind of getting off topic so I would appreciate it if we didnt linger on the "Mr_31415 Subject" anylonger. Thanks : )
    Meme_MC likes this.
  11. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Fair enough. He's not the only one that can create a python script, but @FEDPOL1 has a better solution anyway.
    Who says it has to remove the shield completely? If the problem is that shields take up too much of the screen, then just make them smaller. And before you say "nobody's going to do that" again, I made it for you. Go crazy.
  12. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Very good to know that if I do any future resource pack stuff
  13. Treetop_Archer Platinum

XP:
    83,359xp
    >greentexting on a minecraft forum

I don’t see the problem with this. Minecraft PvP is something that needs to be fully experienced to be fully understood, so naturally people with a more nuanced understanding of pvp mechanics should be the ones having the most say in decisions regarding changes to pvp. These people have a much stronger grasp on how knockback affects the pvp experience and should be listened to. Although of course, if a non-pvper actually has decent reasoning they should be listened to as well, it’s just much less likely that this will happen.

Although I think the main problem here is use of a community poll. People are allowed to provide input that is taken as valid without providing any sort of proper reasoning. Toyl has given a rough rundown of why the kb is bad and I can expand on this if anyone asks, but I haven’t seen any sort of decent reasoning from the people who support the high knockback. I’d love to hear someone provide a reason for supporting the new kb and explain it rather than simply “me like it”.

Basically people who provide reasoning are the only people who should be listened to in this matter.

I’ll make a transparent shield texture pack overlay that you can put over every pack it takes like 2 seconds. I’ll send it around discords when ptr comes out.
  14. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Very good, at least you understand that a poll isn't really conclusive, and that there's many ways to think about how PVP should be conducted in the game.

Tiny shields resource pack is here, provided by my good friend _Silver found here.
    It's not a transparent resource pack, but you can just modify the shield textures in that resource pack to be purely empty and it'll be nothing. The main problem with Shields is they take up way too much space, Honestly Mojang probably should've just made them bucklers or something like that to see more use.
  15. Teckit Platinum

XP:
    174,129xp
    Why remove bow boosting, it adds another layer of skill IMO

Also can we please get Christmas Town or an XP code because it didn't happen?
    Toyl likes this.
  16. bajunga Platinum

XP:
    4,092xp
    bow boosting should be brought back to help those who don't have grapples
    Teckit and Toyl like this.
  17. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    But what about those who have 2 grapples, speedpot, and can bowboost? seems a little unfair to me :stuck_out_tongue:
    Teckit likes this.
  18. Teckit Platinum

XP:
    174,129xp
    Thats a good point...