1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ PTR Update & Changelog

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marine_PvP, Oct 22, 2018.

MineZ - PTR Update & Changelog | Page 2
  1. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    1. Yay no more Shotbowxd
    2. Yay I finally might get back into the game

2. HeroLand Obsidian

XP:
    96,260xp
    i mean other banned like duping,remove dupe items,You should give any player a chance.
  3. silverbackconnor Regular Member

XP:
    219,692xp
    just do a ban reset, what could it hurt now? you’ve already completely redone the banning system plus added vpn protection.
  4. Archich_ Platinum

XP:
    151,606xp
    "MineZ PTR is finally here and ready to be played"
    Releasing Oct. 26th....
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Escape_ likes this.
  5. Roquel MineZ Admin Lead, BAC Lead

XP:
    224,612xp
    PTR HYYYPE
    Monster_Bug likes this.
  6. 3it Obsidian

XP:
    17,392xp
    Imagine using a grapple in 2k18,
    A few days ago I said to Doc bring back the Grapple he told me It's never coming back and see now.

NP GUYS thank me lol
    btw everyone without a grapple #rip
    DutchSurvivor and Marine_PvP like this.
  7. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    I like the changes overall. There’s a few i dislike but that’s something to be expected i guess. Though one thing i’m gonna ask why is the way to private message people is changed? Everyone is used to that and is there a really a reason for that?
    Manaea and MTrout like this.
  8. ZPapz96 Obsidian

XP:
    66,866xp
    :thinking:
  9. Trent__Boyett Regular Member

XP:
    505,272xp
    Wow, this looks awesome! I might have to make a This Week in MineZ about this. :wink:
  10. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Looks pretty good!
    Let's hope it's perfectly balanced as all things should be.
    Goliac likes this.
  11. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I think it would have been cool if nights and days had some differences. Say, zombies were faster at night and stuff like that. It would add more strategy for minez as well.
  12. FadingGeneral Platinum

XP:
    313,988xp
    I think this was a good and needed change. It will be a small hassle for us who are used to it to adjust but it will greatly help newer players who are more used to private messaging on most servers using a command like /tell or /msg (i.e. more intuitive to newer players).
    RogueFlame1 and Goliac like this.
  13. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Are the admins gonna be harsher with ban appeals for bans over a year or two old or are they just being tough with new bans?
    Escape_ likes this.
  14. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    That's a yeet
  15. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    Any regular OR premium player can farm for a grapple. It is a choice you can choose to do.
    MTrout likes this.
  16. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I did not personally decide this change, but I agree with it completely, for the following reasons:
    1. You can't tab complete the @ command for names, which was a huge hassle. Sometimes if you didn't type out the full name, it would go to someone you didn't want it to go to, so you would have to painstakingly type out their full name. If you misspell it on accident, you have to retype it all again.
    2. It's not intuitive to new players. Most people have never heard of this system. I certainly didn't understand it until my friend showed it to me back in 2013-2014
    3. Some modes do have it, others don't. It's better to make it unified throughout gamemodes, because if someone accidentally types the message with the @ command, and the server doesn't use that method of messaging, it will send to the public chat, which is very embarrassing. When you do /tell on an unsupported server, it just says that it's an invalid command without sending it to the public chat.
    Goliac likes this.
  17. fanook Platinum

XP:
    55,048xp
    I don't know why I care because the staff team has made it clear that I'm not welcome on the server, but I do and as a 'long time plater' of minez I'm gonna give my disjointed thoughts on the patch notes

Loot changes - these all seem good, making the survival harder actually makes the game more fun for noobs, which helps attract new and potentially invested platers. For pvp, the best changes seem like the pot changes, removing 3s and buffing drinks is great, and lingering potions seem kind of shit but could be useful for dungeons or something. Giant changes are also nice

Gameplay changes - again, making the survival aspect more fun is a good thing. Removing cancer like depth strider, nerfing gopples, and buffing drinks is great for pvp. Horizontal grappling is questionable, but with a cooldown it might add a unique aspect to pvp while not being as op as it was. Chaning pms seems unnecessary, i dont see a reason they couldnt just use both systems.

Combat Changes - just seem like trying to emulate 1.7, dont know if it'll work but current pvp is pretty bad, especially hit detection. Removing bowboosting is interesting, seems like it'll just be more annoying to chase but maybe horizontal grappling will make up for it

Build Changes - These seem interesting, depending on which bridge they deleted that seems like it could be a really annoying change. Some of them also seem like they'll help make it more fun for noobs too

Dungeon Changes - This seems like it'll only be a good thing, honestly cant really think of a downside besides maybe removing pvp in dungeons like palister or anvalia

Ban Updates - questionable, perm banning for chat messages seems like a bad idea, a mute is all thats really needed, especially with the dwindling playerbase

Overall it seems good, the implementation of a test server seems kinda useless, because every other game ive played that has one just rolls patches straight from it to live regardless of player feedback, maybe this will be different though.
  18. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    hYpE!
  19. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    Just one thing, while community feedback is extremely important to us, another reason other than garnering what players think is that PTR also allows us to find bugs more easily before it is rolled to live. This is especially important because this is a complete rewrite of MineZ.
    Marine_PvP likes this.
  20. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Let’s say i am playing on PTR. If i die there, will i die in normal game too? I read the post but it was kinda confusing for me so i had to ask.