1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Is revival possible?

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by Reita, Jul 6, 2018.

Is revival possible? | Page 2
  1. I_Michael Regular Member

XP:
    4,698xp
    Is there any way to get a small part of the code to get a feel for the environment its written in??

2. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    not without being banned and doxxed for "future employers"
  3. Daki_on_mc Regular Member

XP:
    24,581xp
    IF this game gets re-released i will be there to play the heck out of it and maybe help some noobs get to kholheim. whos with me? (sorry for the offensive name im triggering some friends with it)
  4. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    I would definitelly play this game for at least 24 hrs AND donate to the server immidiatelly :lmao:
  5. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    I completely agree, I would play minez 2 SO much even if it was in a single player world or super glitchy

What if they rereleased it, but only in the 1.8 version? (or whatever it was)
    Foxbuscus likes this.
  6. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    As much as the public liked MZ2, it wont come back because though it worked on paper, it just didn't in practice.
  7. DumbdogFaShizzle Regular Member

XP:
    50,253xp
    That's completely wrong, it worked in practice. MineZ 2 worked as intended, and it was glorious. The problem is that the devs gave up upon release. And instead of fixing the bugs / problems with the game, they threw in the towel. The reason why I can see you thinking this is because the numbers were completely out of wack. Pristine was useless and Iron Armor was too good. The system was good, but it was never tweaked to make it amazing.
    Foxbuscus likes this.
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    What I meant was that is just wasn't new-player friendly. It was based off of the premise that everyone was already good at the classic.
  9. DumbdogFaShizzle Regular Member

XP:
    50,253xp
    That makes zero sense, how many new players joined the server when MZ 2 launched to public? How many times did the servers crash because of player count? MZ 2 wasn't hard to pick up, probably just as easy as MZ 1 to a new player (We would both know, we were both new to MZ 2 when it was released and were able to play it fine). Let me flip the script, tell me if it makes sense, "What I meant was that Dead Space 2 just wasn't new player friendly. It was based off of the premise that everyone was already good at Dead Space 1.

How about that super in-depth, active tutorial that MineZ 2 had? How about the no spawn PvP? Or the guide book that spawned with the player?

Let me ask you a question, what makes MineZ classic new-player friendly?
  10. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    well for one drinking water wasn't busy-work
  11. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
  12. bubblegumrockya Silver

XP:
    45,127xp
    honestly, I found minez2 to be insanely more fun than minez 1, probably because I was only ganked in the starter towns and not really getting anywhere. In minez2 I found myself playing around every other day, and genuinely was upset when it was shut down, however whenever I played (around 3:00 to 5:00 midwest US time) I was always the only one playing, I so understood. However, a revival with houses being fixed would be great
  13. Rosstail Regular Member

XP:
    28,684xp
    Some plugins exist to recreate MineZ 2 even in future version. Loot chest, zombies, weapons / craft... Even competencies, npcs, quests, customs items etc. I have some ideas of how it was made, but maybe admins wants to use their own-developped plugins by their own staff, not a public plugin or premium plugin from spigot.
    In real, the hardest thing for reproducing Minez2 is the map, just crazy beautiful. I remember listen some Pokémon's Mystery Dungeons music when I was traveling to the north. A contemplative map, in depth and in highlands. But, if or dear admins aren't (too much) crazy, they probably keep her in the garage.

I just keep hope since two years now :/
    Chibotle and Hingey like this.
  14. Iveon Regular Member

XP:
    38,014xp
    You may never had played Minez 2 then
  15. Daki_on_mc Regular Member

XP:
    24,581xp
  16. MidnightBree Regular Member

XP:
    67,783xp
    I still second this. MineZ 2 was the only thing that kept me on Shotbow. Would be great to come back with all my friends.
  17. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Why would you do this
  18. DumbdogFaShizzle Regular Member

XP:
    50,253xp
    Who cares at this point. Minez 2, along with all other gamemodes left to die in the garage, should be brought up every chance they get. Too many wasted opportunities just because the special plugins that Shotbow uses break consistently...
    Smartz_, connor564 and MidnightBree like this.
  19. FPSHater Obsidian

XP:
    174,528xp
    how is the year nearly 2020 and we're still without MineZ 2? current year!!
    DumbdogFaShizzle, Aexon and Smartz_ like this.
  20. Daki_on_mc Regular Member

XP:
    24,581xp
    to giv smol reminder to staff that this gamemode and its players are still waiting