1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Is revival possible?

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by Reita, Jul 6, 2018.

Is revival possible?
  1. Reita Media Creator

XP:
    1,153,767xp
    Shotbow fan's request:Revival gamemode of Minez2 I've been thinking about revival it that we've enjoyed a lot.Probably,decreasing population of it cause removed,but the gamemode had some fan example of us. Also,I think if the game has revaialed,some of player will come back. For comparison,I don't know why the game has removed.(I think it was severe maintaining server) So if you possibly,could you revival the Minez2.If it never could ,could you tell me the reason(s).
    Mistri likes this.

2. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hello Reinachan_,

MineZ 2 was removed as there was no active developers on this gamemode (sadly the developer on MineZ 2 left without notice so we hope they are okay!). Currently there is no-one on our development team who would be interested in taking on the gamemode but that may change in the future. We know there was certainly a loyal playerbase to MineZ 2 and we'd love to re-release it.

For now though our developers are working on projects that are closer to competition (Gold Rush, Origins Part 2, etc).
  3. DylPickle191 Regular Member

XP:
    7,444xp
    I would love to see the revival of MineZ 2. absolutely loved the ideas behind it. and having bases was the greatest thing ever
    Lito12 likes this.
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    In our most recent Q&A our lead developer and lead for MineZ DocCodeSharp mentioned that he would like to re-release MineZ 2. As with most things on Shotbow things take longer than everyone would like but it's always a possibility :)
  5. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Bring it back i'll pay with my soul.
  6. MidnightBree Regular Member

XP:
    67,783xp
    Support for this. MineZ 2 was amazing, and I haven't found a single good server around that can replicate that experience. The original MineZ just feels too bare compared to the sequel.
  7. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    If MineZ 2 ever gets released again it will only last a couple of weeks of the initial hype and then die off.

MineZ 2 should have never been released in the first place, I know hindsight is 20/20, but dividing the MineZ playerbase into two was never a good idea. If anything, MineZ should have gotten some of the MineZ 2 ideas as a new update.

Bugs and lack of updates did not help as well.
  8. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    If you really want minez 2 to come back that badly learn to code yourself and join the dev team and work on it
  9. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    > If you really want minez 2 to come back that badly learn to code yourself and join the dev team and work on it

> learn to code yourself and join the dev team and work on it

> join the dev team

> implying that's actually possible

lul
    SamsterBirdies, necco99 and Aexon like this.
  10. _Denshi Platinum

XP:
    19,743xp
    Honestly in the EU servers, Minez2 always seemed to compete, if not flat out beat Minez1 servers. ofc eu servers in general didnt get enough player base so they were eliminated entierely... But a Minez 2 revival will surely see you a boost in playerbase. Of course the chances of getting staff to be able to completely fix MZ2 is 100:1 but just know your player base wants Minez2 back, and would be more than thrilled to see it come back
    Aexon likes this.
  11. _NN Obsidian

XP:
    170,263xp
    No please never. It's a bad idea
  12. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Ok man you can stop commenting shit everywhere and leave your account. More toxic than me on the forums, I didn't know that's possible.
    Foxbuscus, Smartz_ and SamsterBirdies like this.
  13. _NN Obsidian

XP:
    170,263xp
    No enough player online no benefit for the network so no point to revive this gamemode
  14. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    P U R P L E
  15. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    nice u don't know how it works, anything else you need to say?
  16. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    If they do bring it back they need to iron it out. The game mode was awful with the amount of bugs, and almost unplayable for a new player with all the "features". Oh, and HOUSES.
  17. _NN Obsidian

XP:
    170,263xp
    Lol Explain then.
  18. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    devs who work on gamemodes do it voluntarily, they choose which gamemodes they work on. If someone decides to work on minez 2 and the head admins agree with it, it'll happen.
    Well it won't, but still.

It can benefit the network depending on how they introduce the gamemode, and if people want to play it. Anyway, unlike ghostcraft MineZ 2 can't be a total fail as even solo, there are still many things you can do.
    Smartz_, SamsterBirdies and _NN like this.
  19. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    If no one has taken this up by the summer of 2019 I'll look into applying for a dev position to maybe fix this game up. That's a pretty big if tho. Cause I have a basic understanding of Java however I don't think enough of it to fix a gamemode a few hundred people are excited for. I maybe could work with another dev and just help re-program the house system from scratch, I don't know yet but I'd love to help once I learn a little more about programming.
  20. SwineFlu Platinum

XP:
    66,047xp
    I don't see why Shotbow couldn't just re-release MineZ 2 as it was when it was taken down. Even if the game has huge flaws and isn't a priority for the devs, it still feels a bit unfair that the people who want to play the game can't. I'm sure Shotbow has their reasonings, but I'd personally still like to play MineZ 2 even if it is a complete mess development wise. It would be nice to even just allow for the current map to be downloaded, since if MineZ 2 ever is to get an update, they would likely make huge changes to the map. Idk I just want to play the game again.
    Meifot and Smartz_ like this.