1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion 1.13 Update

Discussion in 'The Network' started by RogueFlame1, Jul 27, 2018.

Suggestion - 1.13 Update
  1. Trent__Boyett Regular Member

XP:
    505,254xp
    Hello everybody! Today, I just want to make a quick point that I firmly believe is being overlooked. As I am sure you are all aware, Minecraft recently updated to 1.13. It occurred to me that Shotbow is now one of the only servers I play on that has not updated to be compatible with 1.13. I firmly believe that this is a hindrance to the player count of the server. As such, I am merely suggesting that the staff put a temporary focus on making this happen. I feel that if this were to happen, perhaps the player count would see a bit of an increase (Or at least stop bleeding at the rate that it is).

The primary reason I am advocating for an update to 1.13 is that it will prove to be more friendly for newer players. Believe it or not, there are still people discovering/rediscovering Minecraft. These people typically download the launcher and automatically play in the latest version. As such, a server like Shotbow will not appeal to these people, as they will have to go through the motions of switching between versions (Which a lot of people don't know how to do, believe it or not). I firmly believe that Shotbow delaying an update to 1.9 severely hurt the player count (As that essentially led to a year in which there were practically no new players). I remember how devastating that time was, and I would hate to see it happen again with another update, especially one that should be much easier to update to.

Now, I know that the forums have been a bit of an unhappy place as of late. While I do understand that it is easy to be pessimistic with the current state of Shotbow, I really won't be paying attention to any negativity that follows this thread, as it simply isn't productive to the change I am hoping to effect here. Ultimately, I love Shotbow. I just want to see the server in the best state that it can be, and I firmly believe that updating to 1.13 would be a step in the right direction. Cheers!

Sincerely,

RogueFlame (AKA FireKnight1483/Beyond Rogue)
    Sam_F_ and Mistri like this.

2. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    what kinda fucking servers do you play on that are already updated
  3. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp

While not technically updated to 1.13, other major servers still support 1.13 by allowing players with that version to play. Shotbow currently does not let 1.13 users play, which is probably what Rogue meant.
    RogueFlame1 likes this.
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    In the Q&A that took place at the beginning of this month, our Lead Developer, Doc, mentioned that he would make it a priority to add 1.13 support as soon as possible. We're trying our hardest! :)