1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion What would you like to see in future updates?

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by Kingey, Apr 7, 2018.

Discussion - What would you like to see in future updates? | Page 2
  1. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Slime mode! Everything is slime, it is going to be interesting to see each other bounce and hit each other like some kind of trampoline. :eek:
    Tdiaz5 and ACrispyTortilla like this.

2. dange Localizer

XP:
    269,703xp
    I would like to see a bigger reward for top players which win a seasion (so 3 months), because 10k Shotbow XP for the 1st place isn't that much compared to the amounts of XP you gain in 3 months by other gamemodes.

Idea: 50k Shotbow XP for the 1st
    35k Shotbow XP for the 2nd
    25k Shotbow XP for the 3rd

Higher win rewards may also attract more Ranked match participants. :eek:

I also got a "classic" but probably not implementable sub-mode idea: King of the Hills
    The spots people have to claim and defend are beakers which change their positions after 2 minutes (Parties can set up the duration in 30-second- steps) and every second the beaker is claimed by you is one point. One person wins by having 350 points (Parties can set up the nessesary amount in 50-point-steps). There wouldn't be any lives for players, but a maximum time of 10 minutes (Time is changeable by parties) and a respawn time duration (NOT changeable) of 15-20 seconds so killing people would influence the own winning chances.

I'd like to see criticism. :stuck_out_tongue:

3. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I got a change for ranked, and I think I am speaking for the whole community here: REMOVE SMASHMAS FROM RANKED
    dange, Veghetto and ACrispyTortilla like this.
  4. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I would like to see ranked have only 4 player sized maps, and be able to form a playable group and start the countdown with 3 people queued up. If a fourth person joined the ranked queue while a game is in the 30 second count down they should be able to jump into the preparing game. Is this "added countdown system to Ranked, so more people can join your match during that time")? I think these changes would streamline ranked matching.

I would like to add more counter play to some of the strongest items already in the game.

The fishing rod / grapple used by throwing it out to snare someone and then pulling to fling them behind you is a high threat weapon that defines fights. While I'd say this is very strong I wouldn't say it's broken. However, the grapple can also force kills without the two step snare / pull behind as it can also launch players forward with much higher consistency in forcing kills. This variant of use is a bug as far as I know and unreasonably strong so should be removed. A snared player also has few options to take in response other than jump into a pit and refuse to go out. I'm not sure of a good way to address this, perhaps something like breaking the grapple connection if the player with the grapple takes damage would offer the snared player a more meaningful way to respond?

A possibility for a rework to the Jetpack is to raise the uses to 30 but add a bleed after the first use that drains 1 use per second. This would transform the Jetpack from a 3-6 times recovery item to a one time super recovery item that lasts only half a minute OR a weapon to use for midair combat which could see interesting use in Occulus's pillar area and other vertical areas of maps. This would be significantly less useful for stalling out a win. The current use can be extremely frustrating on badly designed maps like Lava Spire where a player can get a kill advantage easily before you may even confront them and then stay in a safe area for the rest of the game, or even abuse an alt to get the kills at the start.

I guess in a more general sense I would like there to always be the question of what options does the player not holding the item their opponent has have to take? I think when they are never just run, hide, or give up the game will be better for it.

Edit: Apparently the Jetpack has been removed from ranked and its uses reduced already. 6 uses is still a lot though.
  5. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp

Jetpack hasn't been in Ranked for a while now.
  6. JerryRowe Retired Staff

XP:
    868,552xp
    This might be odd for ranked, but whatever. Once a ranked match has 4 players (or is about to begin), they are given a prompt to vote on 1/3 randomly selected maps (Would fix map rotation in a way), the map with the most votes is the one that the players will be put into. (Optional) After the map is voted on, another prompt, much like the display for choosing party items comes up to all players. By default, it will have the normal ranked items, and players can vote to ban an item from spawning during that match (left click) but, a player can also right-click an item to protect it from being banned from other players. So if I really hate people using iron swords, I can ban it, but Kingey could protect it before I am able to ban it. I don't know how well that idea would work out but I remember Sonicboom talking about having a prompt to vote for having no items at all, which seemed very harsh. Leaderboards should show the top 3 as NPC's and also on a sign or display on the side of the leaderboards the top 10 (minus the top 3) should also be shown. As said above, a bit more XP to fight over would be nice. In reply to SkeletonXF238 I would rather see the rod turned into an Anni grapple instead of it being nerfed in such a way. In my opinion, the current rod promotes the players to hide in holes until the rod breaks or kills them. Sub-Modes such as team fights, king of the hill(?), and an additional mode for 3+ players; Cranked. This would incorporate my idea for the Smash Crystal in some form, the match is normal but after a set amount of time, a player becomes "Cranked" and gains the smash crystal powerup until he dies or kills another player. The rest of the players must work together to kill that specific player (maybe put them into temp teams?). If he kills a player, he gains an additional 15xp, whoever kills the player who is Cranked would get the XP instead. The game mode is not based on lives, but on time. There is no life counter, but instead a kill counter. Every kill on the Cranked counts as 3 kills and every kill as the cranked is 2 kills. The player with the most kills at the end of the match is the winner. (Edit: Or whoever Kills the Cranked instantly becomes the next cranked. If a cranked dies without somebody killing them, a new cranked is chosen at random. I like this idea more than it being random much more) Even though a kill on the cranked counts as 3 for the scoreboard, it should only count as 1 for XP, with the additional 15xp (unaffected by the multiplier). Another Misc Change that would be nice is for the winner of a match to gain some amount of XP, maybe 20xp, because winning now should be a bit more rewarding than a name on the scoreboard. :) EDIT 2: A Mode where you can pick up multiple items and use them at will, maybe 5 at max
  7. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I'd like to see a ragdoll (a villager maybe?) in the lobby that can be used for testing throwing and grabbing*. Along with this, an update to the in game text that tells you how to grab as something along the lines of 'right click to grab and throw'. I think it should specify that you throw by left click, which it doesn't last time I saw it. I think these would help new players learn grabbing mechanics.

*optionally also usable in game when the villager / mobs spawn? Grabbing a creeper and throwing it could maybe cause it to pause its charge and to detonate on landing?